PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon John using the Lords name in vain

JohnnyPraze
12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I know there a few other PJ fans on here. So a heads up...

I picked up his latest album 'Dragon Slayer' because I love his feel good music. I love the song 'To Do List', probably my favorite on the album. The sound of the album is nice, very PJ and far from the norm.

Unfortunately there is some foul language here and there, and he uses the "GD" curse a few times in one of the songs. Very grieved.

Epigone
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I know there a few other PJ fans on here. So a heads up...

I picked up his latest album 'Dragon Slayer' because I love his feel good music. I love the song 'To Do List', probably my favorite on the album. The sound of the album is nice, very PJ and far from the norm.

Unfortunately there is some foul language here and there, and he uses the "GD" curse a few times in one of the songs. Very grieved.

Yea check out the sphere of hip hop forums, some people who know him gave some feed back. He's in a bad place right now spiritually so keep him in prayer.

JohnnyPraze
12-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I will def be praying...

Come to think about it, there is a song titled 'Rock Bottom again'.

Ethics
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Yea check out the sphere of hip hop forums, some people who know him gave some feed back. He's in a bad place right now spiritually so keep him in prayer.

Werd he had an interview on HipHopDX I read the other day, dude's struggling.

JDWhyte
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
saw this coming... look at his influences.... or friends.

KPfaREAL
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow...

Here's (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13143/title.pigeon-john-speaks-about-dragon-slayer-rock-bottom-and-eyedea) the hiphopdx interview.

There is some f-bombs in there, so beware.

Cowboy
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
saw this coming... look at his influences.... or friends.

Interesting, cause it's his friends who called him out and who have distanced themselves from him, mostly.

Definitely be praying for him, just like we would any other artist that has fallen into sin. Glad his actual friends are actually standing up to him.

The apologist
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Oh no, keep this brother in prayer that the LORD will restore him. The rise and fall of the brainwashed projects was one of the best produced hhh CD ever.

Quiet storm
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh no, keep this brother in prayer that the LORD will restore him. The rise and fall of the brainwashed projects was one of the best produced hhh CD ever.

yeah Will I still bump that album

The apologist
12-05-2010, 09:35 PM
yeah Will I still bump that album
Man I'm still tripping, Pigeon John showed me that we can be clowns and still be saved. I was so legalistic when I first bought that CD at the Christian bookstore and their music gave me back my sense of humor. Anybody heard from B-Twice?

I'm praying for that dude cause I've been there and it's very dark. Let's pray for him everyday y'all.

JARZJR
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
praying...

Never met him... But musically, I like a lot of his older stuff...

RJ of MMM
12-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Will def pray as well; always hard when I hear a bro/sis is rocking backwards for whatever reasons.

Side note: title of this thread took me back to something I read some time back; might also prove something for all of us to consider as well - Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: What Does This Really Mean (http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2007/06/what-does-it-really-mean-to-take-the-lords-name-in-vein/)

Cowboy
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
praying...

Never met him... But musically, I like a lot of his older stuff...

Met him about 5 years ago at one of his shows. He was a cool dude, and appreciative that I came to the show, even though he wasn't the opener. His energy on stage is impressive, but I'm definitely more concerned with his walk. Hoping he'll reach the breaking point and realize that he's only where he is because of God. Praying.

JDWhyte
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Interesting, cause it's his friends who called him out and who have distanced themselves from him, mostly.

Definitely be praying for him, just like we would any other artist that has fallen into sin. Glad his actual friends are actually standing up to him.

like Redcloud? I know what you mean if your referring to the dudes at Syntax... or other guys in the faith that called him out, some positive guys there... but hanging with Redcloud I'm sure was something... And I'm sure that RC ain't the only one...

Redcloud made a statement once about puffing the apple tobacco with his homie Pigeon John... whether it was true or not is a whole another thing...

Cowboy
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
like Redcloud? I know what you mean if your referring to the dudes at Syntax... or other guys in the faith that called him out, some positive guys there... but hanging with Redcloud I'm sure was something... And I'm sure that RC ain't the only one...

Redcloud made a statement once about puffing the apple tobacco with his homie Pigeon John... whether it was true or not is a whole another thing...

I'm referring to Joey the Jerk, specifically. I actually don't account either Pigeon or Redcloud's falls to be associated with one another. Did they help each other out in positive ways? Maybe not, but I don't think Redcloud had any kind of influence on Pigeon. Maybe the other way around.

I think it's tough to say for sure what made either of them to slip, but to start saying things like "Saw this coming" is a bit presumptuous in my opinion.

To take the good from what you said though, we definitely should make sure that if someone we're around is influencing us negatively, that we should recognize it and deal with it. That I can agree with.

JDWhyte
12-06-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm referring to Joey the Jerk, specifically. I actually don't account either Pigeon or Redcloud's falls to be associated with one another. Did they help each other out in positive ways? Maybe not, but I don't think Redcloud had any kind of influence on Pigeon. Maybe the other way around.

I think it's tough to say for sure what made either of them to slip, but to start saying things like "Saw this coming" is a bit presumptuous in my opinion.

To take the good from what you said though, we definitely should make sure that if someone we're around is influencing us negatively, that we should recognize it and deal with it. That I can agree with.

true true... but bad company destroys good morals... as mentioned though I didn't mean it in an offensive way, but to me bad company is not something to mingle with unless you are attempting to provide direction. But you are right in many ways... Pray for the dude for sure without a doubt, pray for both of them really... I use to love rocking the LA Symphony stuff way back...

GloMoGo
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Will def pray as well; always hard when I hear a bro/sis is rocking backwards for whatever reasons.

Side note: title of this thread took me back to something I read some time back; might also prove something for all of us to consider as well - Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: What Does This Really Mean (http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2007/06/what-does-it-really-mean-to-take-the-lords-name-in-vein/)

Great blog post!

Emayus
12-06-2010, 01:24 AM

Redcloud came to Christ from going to a Pigeon show (they are both from Hawthorne). There is a whole song about it on one of their albums. You probably know all this though, Cowboy.

I have seen Pigeon...lets see....about 8 times live? He drew me ketchup and mustard art @ Dennys and told me I better take it home and put it on my wall :jiggy:

I am praying for him; I believe he will turn around soon.

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Redcloud came to Christ from going to a Pigeon show (they are both from Hawthorne). There is a whole song about it on one of their albums. You probably know all this though, Cowboy.

I have seen Pigeon...lets see....about 8 times live? He drew me ketchup and mustard art @ Dennys and told me I better take it home and put it on my wall :jiggy:

I am praying for him; I believe he will turn around soon.

Oh, no doubt, they're definitely homies. I'm just saying, it's more likely that John influenced Redcloud, especially given their history, than the other way around. Joey the Jerk's comments on the Sphere topic show that it's something that has been addressed(not the Redcloud thing, but John falling), and that we need to pray for him, not just continue to support him and say "Oh, that's just Pigeon John, he's crazy."

So, I'll continue praying for him.

JARZJR
12-06-2010, 02:37 AM
:(

From '06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvSPjR5U28 2:58 - 3:01

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 02:45 AM
:(

From '06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvSPjR5U28 2:58 - 3:01

Yeah, apparently he's been like this for a bit. You can tell the struggle through his music, as it's just something that will force it's way out if people write honest music(not saying ANYTHING he's said or done is justifiable because of this). Sad stuff.

LUPE
12-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Yeah, apparently he's been like this for a bit. You can tell the struggle through his music, as it's just something that will force it's way out if people write honest music(not saying ANYTHING he's said or done is justifiable because of this). Sad stuff.

Cowboy what struggle is Pigeon John going thru that you're talking about? He's just sounds like a crazy artist. Every artist I've ever met was a little crazy.

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Cowboy what struggle is Pigeoan John going thru that you're talking about? He's just sounds like a crazy artist. Every artist I've ever met was a little crazy.

Listen to the section JARZJR mentioned in that video. Also, go to Sphere(I know you're a member there) and look up the "Pigeon John Dragon Slayer" thread. You'll see.

LUPE
12-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Listen to the section JARZJR mentioned in that video. Also, go to Sphere(I know you're a member there) and look up the "Pigeon John Dragon Slayer" thread. You'll see.

In the video Jarzjr is talking about PJ is vamping he's not being serious. He being a clown. You guys are taking him way too serious.

For the sake of brevity Cowboy, can you give me the short strokes about the "Pigeon Dragon Slayer' thread?

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 04:01 AM
In the video Jarzjr is talking about PJ is vamping he's not being serious. He being a clown. You guys are taking him way too serious.

For the sake of brevity Cowboy, can you give me the short strokes about the "Pigeon Dragon Slayer' thread?

You really need to read it to get the full scope, but basically he's living in sin. That's at straight as I can put it.

And there's some things you just don't say as a Christian, and what JARZJR pointed out in that video is one of those things. I understand he's not saying it literally, but even then you still don't say it.

LUPE
12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
[QUOTE=Cowboy;607652]You really need to read it to get the full scope, but basically he's living in sin. That's at straight as I can put it.

And there's some things you just don't say as a Christian, and what JARZJR pointed out in that video is one of those things. I understand he's not saying it literally, but even then you still don't say it.[/QUO

I'll go over to sohh and read that thread. But as far as what he said on that video it's vamping not real. Since it's not real that means its not real.

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 04:17 AM
I'll go over to sohh and read that thread. But as far as what he said on that video it's vamping not real. Since it's not real that means its not real.

We'll agree to disagree. Read the first post of this thread to see what else he's said. The Sphere thread will give the rest of the story.

LUPE
12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
We'll agree to disagree. Read the first post of this thread to see what else he's said. The Sphere thread will give the rest of the story.

So PJ is using some foul language and "GD" in his work. I don't have his cd so I can't critique it. But if language is the deal stopper for you guys. Cool. Don't buy his cds. Like I said earlier artists are crazy people. Christian artists are no exception and scandal and bimbo & f bomb eruptions ect. will come to light as long as this chh genre exists.

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 04:43 AM
So PJ is using some foul language and "GD" in his work. I don't have his cd so I can't critique it. But if language is the deal stopper for you guys. Cool. Don't buy his cds. Like I said earlier artists are crazy people. Christian artists are no exception and scandal and bimbo eruptions ect. will come to light as long as this chh genre exists.

Just read the Sphere thread. It's locked so you won't be able to respond to it, but you can read it. The point of this isn't to say "Hey, don't buy Pigeon John's albums", etc. It's to say to pray for him because he's obviously struggling. So, there ya have it.

LUPE
12-06-2010, 05:02 AM
Just read the Sphere thread. It's locked so you won't be able to respond to it, but you can read it. The point of this isn't to say "Hey, don't buy Pigeon John's albums", etc. It's to say to pray for him because he's obviously struggling. So, there ya have it.

So what exactly is he struggling about Cowboy? Aside from foul language in albums what else is going on with PJ? Since you seem to know I'm askin' you.

FabdaEclectic
12-06-2010, 09:12 AM
So what exactly is he struggling about Cowboy? Aside from foul language in albums what else is going on with PJ? Since you seem to know I'm askin' you.

Lupe, he's avoided answering you twice now. TAKE THE HINT.

There are a few of us "in the know". I'm not trying to be rude, but if you're not in the know, then you don't need to be. John is struggling and needs prayer. Leave it at that.

No one needs to be putting up the details anywhere, especially here of all places.

exquizite
12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
No one needs to be putting up the details anywhere...

THANK YOU FAB!!! If someone asks for us to pray for a brother in Christ, then we should do just that, not ask for details (no offense Lupe).

LUPE
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
THANK YOU FAB!!! If someone asks for us to pray for a brother in Christ, then we should do just that, not ask for details (no offense Lupe).

no offense taken my brotha. god bless you. peace.

iamgoldenstate
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
anyone who defends this guy is a tool. imo

phil
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM

No beating around the bush!

LOL

I got to say, I'm excited to see the way this conversation has been conducted so far. Much respect to all the saints!

iamgoldenstate
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
werd!

Cowboy
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm not trying to stir up any trouble or anything like that, just curious though, did you think any of us were defending him? Just an honest question.

I agree, Phil. It's been great to see people treating a situation like this respectfully and without bickering.

KPfaREAL
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Here (http://www.sphereofhiphop.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36628&hilit=dragon+slayer) is the SOHH thread about Dragon Slayer.

Ethics
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
PJs new vid, it's a catchy song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EjS757ufhs

I did :huh: at 0.25 though.