PDA

View Full Version : My pops ill....

CHEMAelMC
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
What up, everybody.. God bless you..

I wanted to tell you that my pops has been ill for like the last 3 or 4 weeks, actually, for like 2 or 3 months... he has felt worse in the last weeks.. part of it was because of his being stubborn.. he had the symptoms of diabetes, and didn't want to go to the doctor, and kept drinking a lot of soda, and stuff like that.
So, in the last 3 weeks he felt worse... so he finally decided to go to the doctor, and he realized it is not only diabetes, but also hypertension... so, wanting to go to the doctor was the first step, and now I thank God that he's under treatment... but the medicine weakens him.... so it is being kind of hard time for him. My pops used to be one of the "strongest" men I ever met, back in the day he never got sick, not even from a simple flu, now it is no longer that way... diabetes been "eating" him, he's lost 8 kilos (like 4 pounds) because of it... we really don't know what parts of his body it has affected (diabetes usually affect the kidneys)... please, pray for my pops...
I've visited him like 3 times this week to see how he's doing... and yesterday I had the opportunity to talk to him about God and the Bible, pops used to be atheist, but now he believes there IS a Creator... now, he needs to repent of his sin and accept Christ, I really want him to get better and get healed physically.. but, most of all, I'd like God to heal him from his sin sickness, the same way He healed me...

Please, pray for my pops... he is my hero, my best friend, I still need him to be around us for a little longer, I already lost my mom... I wouldn't like to lose him this soon, but if I lose him, I wanna be sure that will be with the Lord.

Thanks for taking the time for reading this.. and May the Lord bless you.

jeyjey34
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
It's unfortunate when the older generations want to be stubborn about going to the doctor. We see that a lot nowadays. Same thing happened with my grandfather.

Just said a prayer for you and your fam.

David L
12-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I can relate.

I'll keep your pops lifted. He sounds an awful lot like my abuelo who is in a similar situation. I spend a lot of time with gramps and man you don't know how hard it is to keep him away from sugar with out a fight.

Cowboy
12-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Praying for your pops and for your family. The bond between a father and son is something that can only be experienced. I got you, fam.

CHEMAelMC
12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks a lot!

ROB
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Diabetes can be controlled with diet and exercise. He needs to eat carbs in moderation and exercise more and that will help his diabetes. He also needs to check his blood sugar and then make adjustments to his diet based on the numbers. Diabetes can effect the eyes, kidneys, heart and can also damage nerve endings meaning he could get a cut on his foot and not know it and the next thing you know he's having to get his foot amputated.

Diabetes is very managable if it's caught early though.

I'll be praying as well, but look up info on the net for diabetes and do your best to coach into doing the right things.

Donald Chavis
12-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Chematic... I got y'all lifted fam! May the Lord strengthen you and open your pops heart to the gospel!

joseph29
12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
He should be fine God willing; as long as he continues to take his medication and watches what he eats. Its important he keeps the quantity of carbs down (eg rice and pasta) to about a handful for each meal. I would encourage him and whoever cooks his meals to see a nutrionist to get a detalied breakdown of what food to avoid or include in his meals. As long as he follows the doctor's advice on medication and diet and exercise and keep his HbA1c around 6.5 he should be fine.

geist075
12-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Praying for your Dad.

simply seth
12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Orare por tu padre .. mayormente por su salvacion.

jnorman888
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Lord Have Mercy!

Bridges
12-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I'll definitely be praying for you, your pops, and your family

zacchaeus
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
just prayed brother. be strong and continue to minister to your father. for the greatest gift is for your father to be your brother in Christ. God bless you

zacchaeus
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
also Joseph29 and Rob had good advice. my wife has type 1 diabetes so she must live with it, yet has been managing hers well with diet and a glucose monitor/sensor, but type 2 can be managed and even regressed. my mom had it and my aunt has it.

eternal
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Im with you bro!

CHEMAelMC
12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks a lot for your prayers and advice... my pops already knows a little about diabetes since my granda (my pops mother) has had it for decades, also, one of my uncles... so it kinda runs in the family.. matter of fact, I was detected diabetes like 3 years ago.. so it is also a lesson to be learned from me, because I haven't follow a diet for like 2 years...

Once again, thanks a lot.

God bless you.