PDA

View Full Version : If you listen to Jovan Mackenzy...

JDWhyte
12-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Out of all the albums released by Jovan Mackenzy, which is your favorite so far? :)

Please share why as well... was it the flow? the music? the words? why was it your favorite?

also rack off your favorite songs on each album if your willing...

for me it was "Isaiah 6 Complex"... My favorite songs were:

Give an Account
Won't Change
One
God is Holy
He Called Me
The Funeral
Broken (bonus track)

If I could only pick 2 favorites it would be:

He Called Me
Won't Change

JDWhyte
12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
44 views... 5 votes? lol

new poll:

How many people have slept on copping any Jovan Mackenzy?

lol... my man is 4 albums deep and yalls are sleeping?

David L
12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I've copped them and they're nothing to rave about on the internet.

Average at best.

I think the controversy he's stirred on this board with his threads are more engaging than some of his albums but that's just me. Everybody is different..

CripforChrist
12-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I dont have ANY christian hip hop or rap CD's,...so me not having any Jovan is not anything against him. but, I have heard his songs on youtube, and I have to say the ones i've heard were awesome.

they were from the Isaiah 6 Complex, by the way.

ROB
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I only got the first one and I did like some of the songs. When I heard J started bashing WoF preachers by name I didn't get the other cds.

I may try the Isaiah 6 and the Pilgrims cds, but I'm kinda played out on hearing theology heavy music or bashing of ministers. I would like to hear more songs about what God has done in people's lives and of course songs encouraging people to live the way Christ asks us to.

I know I can be pretty tough on certain types of people at times, but I ain't gonna make a song about how I feel about someone and keep playing that over and over because the person may change one day. That's why I don't wanna support music that disses people because the people can change. If the music bashes false doctrine, that's cool because doctrine isn't a person and it needs to be exposed if it's false.

Ok, I'm hopping off the soapbox.

JDWhyte
12-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I only got the first one and I did like some of the songs. When I heard J started bashing WoF preachers by name I didn't get the other cds.

I may try the Isaiah 6 and the Pilgrims cds, but I'm kinda played out on hearing theology heavy music or bashing of ministers. I would like to hear more songs about what God has done in people's lives and of course songs encouraging people to live the way Christ asks us to.

I know I can be pretty tough on certain types of people at times, but I ain't gonna make a song about how I feel about someone and keep playing that over and over because the person may change one day. That's why I don't wanna support music that disses people because the people can change. If the music bashes false doctrine, that's cool because doctrine isn't a person and it needs to be exposed if it's false.

The Narrow Road was the one bashing WoF... Actually, Isaiah 6 was a turning point... He really didn't do any bashing on the album that I can recall at the moment... I considered it the best release... Strangers and Pilgrims as well didn't really have any bashing on it either... I know what you mean though, Narrow Road was controversial, but none of his new stuff really is...

As far as Theology on Isaiah 6... to sum it up it covers Predestination, Once Saved Always Saved, but then goes over other things such as God's Holiness, Having to Give an Account for ourselves, things along those lines... The CD starts pretty well off with what I would consider a testimony in rap form...

JDWhyte
12-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I dont have ANY christian hip hop or rap CD's,...so me not having any Jovan is not anything against him. but, I have heard his songs on youtube, and I have to say the ones i've heard were awesome.

they were from the Isaiah 6 Complex, by the way.

he has some free downloads on his website: www.Jovanmackenzy.com

also check out my man Wes Pendleton... www.wespmusic.bandcamp.com

Also Readywriter has a free mixtape out: www.GodChaserz.com

David L
12-04-2010, 03:48 PM

I agree.

Also, for the sake of saying something good about someone I am not always fond of in terms of the way he handles theological issues, I was a big fan of "39 lashes". That was pretty dope and had me hitting repeat on the iPod for a minute.

As far as Theology on Isaiah 6... to sum it up it covers Predestination, Once Saved Always Saved, but then goes over other things such as God's Holiness, Having to Give an Account for ourselves, things along those lines... The CD starts pretty well off with what I would consider a testimony in rap form...

Yea, I am over listening to all of that by now. I have zero appreciation for it. Nobody's going to budge one way or the other its just another clanging cymbal sounding off...

JDWhyte
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I agree.

Also, for the sake of saying something good about someone I am not always fond of in terms of the way he handles theological issues, I was a big fan of "39 lashes". That was pretty dope and had me hitting repeat on the iPod for a minute.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I agree as well...
I always try to be positive though... even through controversial issues that I don't entirely agree with though I was the one who not only bought the albums but also supported..

Everyone is growing in faith in one way or another, I'm sure he makes mistakes like the rest of us...

We all struggle...

jeyjey34
12-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I dont have ANY christian hip hop or rap CD's.

So you're on a christian hip hop forum and you don't own any christian hip hop? :mask:

LaRosa
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Operation Rapture Ready ;-)

JDWhyte
12-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Operation Rapture Ready ;-)

yeah, I failed to mention that one... my bad... I've never heard it either..

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
12-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I've copped them and they're nothing to rave about on the internet.

Average at best.

I think the controversy he's stirred on this board with his threads are more engaging than some of his albums but that's just me. Everybody is different..

Yeah you are definetly trippin. His new two albums this year are two of the best of the year and I would put them against any major release of CHH this year.

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
12-05-2010, 11:38 AM

Rob, you will really like Isaiah 6 Complex and Strangers and Pilgrims compared to Narrow Road.

CripforChrist
12-05-2010, 11:53 AM
So you're on a christian hip hop forum and you don't own any christian hip hop? :mask:

LOL,....I admit this, but in my defense, i havent been into it very long, and havent had much time or money to buy many CD's at all, lately.

KPfaREAL
12-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I just got Strangers and Pilgrims...

LOVIN it.

JDWhyte
12-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Rob, you will really like Isaiah 6 Complex and Strangers and Pilgrims compared to Narrow Road.

I still bump Narrow Road... lol The only thing I didn't like about it was it was jammed with Theology... as was Isaiah 6.

Strangers and Pilgrims was nice because it wasn't as packed with Theology.

David L
05-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I still bump Narrow Road... lol The only thing I didn't like about it was it was jammed with Theology... as was Isaiah 6.

Strangers and Pilgrims was nice because it wasn't as packed with Theology.
oooh, I may have to check that joint out...

JustinR
05-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I like the one where the gospel is preached most....

j/k...

JDWhyte
05-06-2011, 07:33 PM
I like the one where the gospel is preached most....

j/k...

poke that hornets nest boy... you wrong... j/k... I almost forgot about this thread been so long...
Actually last I heard he was making a couple albums that were going to be made specifically tailored for preaching the Gospel to the lost... but not releasing them until 2012.. 2 albums though...

Donald Chavis
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Is this a stunt? LOL OMG!!!

anointed4jc
05-06-2011, 11:07 PM
@ ROB
guess u apply the same to the apostle paul for putting names of men in falsehood b-cuz they "could" change. Then u can't talk about anyone then.
i minister as a chaplain & u can talk about bad doctrine and get amens & a bunch of nods............UNTIL u attach a name, then watch the faces change aha NOW THEY get it!

JDWhyte
05-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Is this a stunt? LOL OMG!!!

LOL no... this thread WAS buried until JustinR gave it a bump... ROFL