10 Stand Up 3:34
11 Acquitted Ft Cato and Ameen 3:30
12 Boss Ft I.V His Son 4:48
13 Gone Tomorrow Ft Rik Reed 4:42
14 The Gospel Ft Los 5:04
15 I Need You Ft Rik Reed and Alexis Mackenzy 4:38
16 Pioneer 4:26
17 Journey Ft Serene and Dr.James White

I double dare Ras to buy this and review it.

JDWhyte
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/strangers-and-pilgrims/id406093959

I wouldn't... lol but now everyone and they mama gonna review it.... ROFL

hey Ras.... I triple dog dare you....

SemperReformanda
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I love the album, and I bought it blindly without much thought or consideration. RAS may or may not tear it apart though based on what he's said about other albums I liked.

The apologist
11-29-2010, 07:08 PM
This album is really good, Jovan did much more than his homework on this one. Strangers & Pilgrims is an album that everyone will appreciate.

JDWhyte
11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
This album is really good, Jovan did much more than his homework on this one. Strangers & Pilgrims is an album that everyone will appreciate.

The album is pretty good...

Los killed it in his verse... Martyrs is a pretty dope song... Gone Tomorrow was good... quite a few good ones...

JDWhyte
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

Ras said he would do it in exchange for a copy of the album... which is actually practical for album reviewers.... but....
It didn't fly with Jovan... I texted him, and he told me he already has 2 reviews coming.

So in order for Ras to review the album someone gotta pay for it...

WhyMe
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Is Jovan's flow better on this album? The last album I had of his was the Jihad album and didn't care for his flow. Reminded me of the early 90s.

SemperReformanda
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Is Jovan's flow better on this album? The last album I had of his was the Jihad album and didn't care for his flow. Reminded me of the early 90s.

Listened to that album in various places, and IMO, this CD is MUCH better than that. JMO.

JDWhyte
11-29-2010, 11:33 PM

his flow has evolved from album to album...

"The Narrow Road" was more midwest sounding
"Isaiah 6 Complex" was more east coast sounding
"Strangers and Pilgrims" has more sampling than he ever has had for hooks...

the flow on Strangers and Pilgrims is a jump forward... Isaiah 6 is definitely worth copping as well... really all of them are...

none of them sound like Jihad... of course different production all together really too... preview the album on itunes bro...

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
11-30-2010, 01:21 AM
This new album is leap years imo from Jihad. I mean the growth has been amazing all around, from rapping to production to growth in doctrine and walk. I would definetly suggest copping Narrow Road, Isaiah 6 Complex, and Strangers & Pilgrims. All good projects, but this new one is the best. The albums keep getting better.

zacchaeus
11-30-2010, 08:05 PM
dope album. actually i liked The Isaiah 6 Complex better. the flows and tracks went together better and had an awesome vibe. Strangers & Pilgrims was a nice quasi-concept album with some good collabs, was listening to it earlier. i think The Isaiah 6 Complex album was produced by Jovan, right? if so, i'd lke to hear more from him, the production on S&P was cool but was more mellow than the last. gotta cop Narrow Road to see how that one is (i'm buying his stuff in reverse, like i'm doing Voice. lol)

JDWhyte
11-30-2010, 08:26 PM
dope album. actually i liked The Isaiah 6 Complex better. the flows and tracks went together better and had an awesome vibe. Strangers & Pilgrims was a nice quasi-concept album with some good collabs, was listening to it earlier. i think The Isaiah 6 Complex album was produced by Jovan, right? if so, i'd lke to hear more from him, the production on S&P was cool but was more mellow than the last. gotta cop Narrow Road to see how that one is (i'm buying his stuff in reverse, like i'm doing Voice. lol)

Agree about Isaiah 6 being better... no Jovan doesn't produce as far as I know... I produced 2nd Timothy Ch 4... Then you had cats like Johnny Brasco, Redd Lettaz, and a few others as well... there were several producers on all of his albums... but Jihad was released while he was on GodChaserz Entertainment... so I was assuming the production may have come from Godchaserz producer list... then on Narrow Road, I produced like half of the album... Narrow Road, Narrow Gate, I'm Gone, Heresy, and a couple others..

All 3 albums the vocals were mixed and the albums were mastered by
IV His son... whom is another good brother that raps...

zacchaeus
11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Agree about Isaiah 6 being better... no Jovan doesn't produce as far as I know... I produced 2nd Timothy Ch 4....

2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4!!!

LOL. dope track homey, i had to do that though. lo

JDWhyte
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4, 2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4!!!

LOL. dope track homey, i had to do that though. lo

yeah he flowed pretty good on it... my favorite on that album though was "Won't Change" which was produced by M.I.C.

did you buy the mp3 or the hard copy?

zacchaeus
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
yeah he flowed pretty good on it... my favorite on that album though was "Won't Change" which was produced by M.I.C.

did you buy the mp3 or the hard copy?

bought the mp3 album from Amazon, or was it his website? is that the only track you produced? need the production list

on many tracks it says Jovan as composer so i thought he produced

WhyMe
11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I just peeped the samples on itunes and the part of the flow that bothered me on Jihad still exist. The way he puts an emphasis at the end of his bars when he rhymes reminds me of the way folks were rappin back in the late 80s early 90s and that's just one of those irritating things that prevents me from enjoying an album.

More importantly though, praise God for the growth with Jovan. I can tell he has grown much in the Lord since that Jihad album.

Thanks for recommending an album.

JDWhyte
11-30-2010, 10:04 PM
bought the mp3 album from Amazon, or was it his website? is that the only track you produced? need the production list

on many tracks it says Jovan as composer so i thought he produced

yeah, I had to fix many id3 tags... he was the writer of the lyrics and I think he may have thought that was what a composer was... when in fact the composer is the person that composes the music... but in Hip-Hop many times the composer is often confused as the producer... producers typically over-see a project... composers write the music. theres a difference between them and many don't grasp that... in reality Jovan produced the albums... but there were several composers...

On Isaiah 6 Complex... 2nd Timothy is the only track I composed as far as the digital copy went... On the hard physical copy you actually got an entire different album art altogether which I designed (different design than the one on iTunes), and a bonus track which I also composed (which you can download for free on the website). To obtain the track go to www.JovanMackenzy.com and visit the downloads page... it's called "Broken" and it is track 18 on the physical copy.

Here is a little bonus material for you iTunes gurus;
forewarning: These are the original resolution size files... you will want a fast connection
The entire album graphics for the physical copy of Isaiah 6 Complex
(booklet and all):

Front of Booklet (Cover) (http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/Front%20Cover%20Booklet.jpg)
Inside of Booklet (Production Credits) (http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/Inside%20Cover%20Booklet.jpg)
CD (http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/CD.jpg)
Behind CD (http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/Behind%20CD.jpg)
Tracklist (Back Cover) (http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/Back%20Cover.jpg)

or you can download them all in a zip here:
http://midwestnoise.com/JovanMackenzy.com/Images/Isaiah%206%20Album%20Graphics.zip

Support this brother... Peep his other albums if you get a chance... Also don't sleep on ReadyWriter's new mixtape "Spilled Ink" which is free at Godchaserz.com...
and Wes Pendleton's EP "The Paste Up" which is free at wespmusic.bandcamp.com

all these guys are cool brothers you don't want to overlook... keep your eyes peeped also for a free Christmas track coming soon featuring Readywriter... I will be making it available sometime this december hopefully before Christmas and at MidwestNoise.com

zacchaeus
11-30-2010, 10:15 PM
thanks JD. the version i got was the full version with both bonus cuts. and yes, i already replaced the gray cover with this one. lol. i remember when he put it up here awhile ago and cats were saying it was a progression graphically, as was his lyrics and music. praise God for your work. thought it would be his last album then lo and behold Strangers & Pilgrims. support independents indeed!

you know who produced Call to Repentance, the other bonus cut?

JDWhyte
11-30-2010, 10:46 PM
well as long as he needs music he knows he has me... I've never charged him one time for anything I've ever done for him. So with that said if he quits rapping it would be because he can't afford the time to make the album. Unfortunately I didn't get in on S&P, it went together rather quickly actually. By the time I heard about it, it was almost done recorded. I have no clue about who all produced on it... I only was on "The Narrow Road" and "Isaiah 6"... I did however get a slip into IV His son's latest album "Denial" (IVHisson.com) ... which is definitely worth checking out. He did a track with Jovan on it, and also had Katalyst on it as well.... it was a dope track. The one I composed was called "Got Cha"... The timing was actually a God send for Strangers and Pilgrims because I was working on a bunch of projects already and had my hands full anyways... I would have had no way to get in on S&P even if I was asked to be...

What I am waiting on is some of these rappers who copped beats from me that haven't released their projects yet...lol Jovan is one dude who appears to have one of the quickest turn-around time for beats which is why I am always quick to give them to him... he takes it serious and his music has got quality.

I still got stuff floating around I am dying to hear... Open Vessel (H.G.A), EKG, Emayus, Authentic, and a few others as well...

Emayus
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
well as long as he needs music he knows he has me... I've never charged him one time for anything I've ever done for him. So with that said if he quits rapping it would be because he can't afford the time to make the album. Unfortunately I didn't get in on S&P, it went together rather quickly actually. By the time I heard about it, it was almost done recorded. I have no clue about who all produced on it... I only was on "The Narrow Road" and "Isaiah 6"... I did however get a slip into IV His son's latest album "Denial" (IVHisson.com) ... which is definitely worth checking out. He did a track with Jovan on it, and also had Katalyst on it as well.... it was a dope track. The one I composed was called "Got Cha"... The timing was actually a God send for Strangers and Pilgrims because I was working on a bunch of projects already and had my hands full anyways... I would have had no way to get in on S&P even if I was asked to be...

What I am waiting on is some of these rappers who copped beats from me that haven't released their projects yet...lol Jovan is one dude who appears to have one of the quickest turn-around time for beats which is why I am always quick to give them to him... he takes it serious and his music has got quality.

I still got stuff floating around I am dying to hear... Open Vessel (H.G.A), EKG, Emayus, Authentic, and a few others as well...

I have written to them and am working on a collaborative album with my crew; after we finish that, I should be able to start my next project. No quick turn around time here! Smh, I'll work on it though.

JDWhyte
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I have written to them and am working on a collaborative album with my crew; after we finish that, I should be able to start my next project. No quick turn around time here! Smh, I'll work on it though.

LOL... SHnaps! I didn't think you would pop in here. It's all good my man, forget time frame... keep that quality and don't sacrifice it for nothin'. However I do have a proposition, you want to get in on this Christmas track? Spit a verse for it perhaps? I'm running out of time on it quick, and didn't hear back from my guy in vegas.... his producer went on vacation and won't be back for 3 weeks...

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
12-01-2010, 02:36 AM
you know who produced Call to Repentance, the other bonus cut?

Hassan Muhammad

jovanmackenzy
12-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Hassan Muhammad

yep

jovanmackenzy
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
you can buy the album today. Amazon or itunes