PDA

View Full Version : Summer Mission Opportunity

SemperReformanda
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Hey fam. I just wanted to ask you guys to pray for me, and the potential opportunity I may have this summer. I long to be able to go forth into the world with the Gospel this summer. I have an opportunity that has arisen, potentially, but pray that above all God's will shall be done through it -- whether I get to go or not.

I have to take summer classes, so pray that the classes I need are offered in the first term -- so I can go if possible.
Pray that God would just make it clear to me whether it is His will for me to go or not. I have such a passion and zeal for this, but I need his discernment, not mine.

Here's a description of the opportunity. My local church supports the Jesus Film Project, and has numerous former members serving abroad with them.

Region(s): Summer Trips, Africa
Dates: Aug 4, 2011 - Aug 19, 2011
Cost: $1,650 (airfare not included)

Help shine the light of the gospel on spiritually needy people in a forgotten region of Malawi—“the warm heart of Africa.” Malawi has been affected by AIDS more than most African countries, and a strong spiritual need exists there. The area we will be going to has traditionally been resistant to the gospel. We will show the JESUS film using 16 mm film projectors in villages, while partnering with local pastors to help with their church-planting efforts. On this trip, you will help share with people how to know Jesus Christ in a personal way.

Participants must be prepared for rugged conditions such as traveling on rough dirt roads. Accommodations will also be somewhat primitive and may involve tent camping at times. Experiencing these types of situations will help us adjust to the local living environment. Will you join us to help bring a fresh and accurate presentation of the gospel to Malawi using the JESUS film?

illuminaticx
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Got ya lifted