PDA

View Full Version : Interracial Marriages

simply seth
09-30-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.ligonier.org/learn/qas/does-god-frown-upon-interracial-marriages/

Moody
09-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Of course there is no issue... Adam was Black and Eve was White.

Water Walkin' Warrior
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I was wondering where that article was going. I'm glad it ended the way it did. I couldn't be more happy in my wife and I's interracial marriage. In the beginning, I wondered but didn't worry about how my parents and family thought about it though. lol

Tarii_2sweet
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Interracial marriage my friend is getting married to the most oldest looking white guy. At first i didn't approve but . whatever makes her happy. Plus she has about 4 babies that her recent husband left her with so im happy for her.

mzsoulll
09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
whoever has qualms about interracial marriages is in the stone age.

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
One of the many things I love about the Lord is His diversity and creativity in the various ethnicities. I love my wife and enjoy the fact that God has brought us together and our familes accept it and we have beautiful children that God has blessed us with.

Ash
09-30-2010, 06:47 PM

You'd be surprised sis. I think it may be a geographic thing. I've known people from various places that believe races/ethnicities should not intermarry probably because it's not the norm, among other reasons, whereas others believe love is colorblind.

There was a story a year ago where a Louisiana Justice of the Peace refused to marry an interracial couple (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/15/interracial-couple-denied_n_322784.html). When I first heard about it I was like: :elvis:

Dustin Medicus (Onesimus)
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
You'd be surprised sis. I think it may be a geographic thing. I've known people from various places that believe races/ethnicities should not intermarry probably because it's not the norm, among other reasons, whereas others believe love is colorblind.

There was a story a year ago where a Louisiana Justice of the Peace refused to marry an interracial couple (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/15/interracial-couple-denied_n_322784.html). When I first heard about it I was like: :elvis:

It's not a geographical issue, it's a heart issue. Now in some geographic areas, it's more stronger than others. But even here in Las Vegas we get looks at times.

Ash
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
It's not a geographical issue, it's a heart issue. Now in some geographic areas, it's more stronger than others. But even here in Las Vegas we get looks at times.

Touché.

SemperReformanda
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM

Granted, yes, I'm in Alabama -- but last year I had a good friend who was in an interracial relationship. Her parents found out, came into town, told her to never bring him home to them, and don't even think about entering a relationship with him. There reasoning was that if they got married, it would bring too much judgment upon their kids in school, etc -- and it wasn't socially acceptable in their small town.

Truly broke my heart, as well as my friend's.

ROB
09-30-2010, 07:07 PM
We haven't gotten any out here in Cali, or at least I havent noticed any. :wideeyed:

JDWhyte
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Of course there is no issue... Adam was Black and Eve was White.

must of been a blonde to listen to a snake... lol
Adam probably would have skewered the snake and put him on rotisserie...

Serpent? never had that before... I wonder what that tastes like... lol

Nefu
09-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Over here, it's quite common and it seem to be working well.There are the odd cases of attacks-both verbal and physical been aimed at the black partner.. The kids sometimes get teased in school as well.

The bad side is, if one of the parent is absent in the marriage, the kids will grow up hating that parent and the race of the parent. I know of a girl, who hates Blacks, simply cuz her dad-black- was absent during her childhood.

The usual, argument against inter racial marriages are understandable but what is more irritating is: tribalism amongst folks of the same race...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

djnoyze
09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
it wasn't socially acceptable in their small town.

Even today, it's still frowned upon in smaller towns across the south... It's really sucky though...

And don't forget the famous Kenneth Hagin Jr. sermon that he preached against interracial marriage...

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/28/local/me-33511

Moody said:

Of course there is no issue... Adam was Black and Eve was White.When I tell people that, they look at me like I'm crazy... Adam was made from dark dirt and Eve was made from light colored bone matter. I don't know why that's such a strectch...

Nefu
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Even today, it's still frowned upon in smaller towns across the south... It's really sucky though...

And don't forget the famous Kenneth Hagin Jr. sermon that he preached against interracial marriage...

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/28/local/me-33511

When I tell people that, they look at me like I'm crazy... Adam was made from dark dirt and Eve was made from light colored bone matter. I don't know why that's such a strectch...
I'm not sure I'm convinced, I will wait until I get to Heaven and see dude first to first-and no I ain't no doubting Thomas..lol

Moody
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Take it to the bank.. Adam was Black and Eve was White.

eve
09-30-2010, 09:44 PM

lol. not in that climate she wasn't.

eve
09-30-2010, 09:47 PM
in fact, there likely weren't even inhabitants in northern europe at that time :) and we know the Garden wasn't there.

Nefu
09-30-2010, 09:47 PM
..Im sure it was cool in that part of the garden..lol..
it is rumored that Garden Of Eden was/is situated near or in Baghdad..anybody verify that??

Moody
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM

Well, the only alternative is that Adam was White and Eve was Black... and I have a harder time with that. (Don't ask why.)

:wideeyed:

But just for you eve... Eve was Black!

;)

Moody
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Although I could go with Adam being Black and Eve being Asian. That can work.

Nefu
09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Well, the only alternative is that Adam was White and Eve was Black... and I have a harder time with that. (Don't ask why.)

How about Adam being Jewish and, Eve white??
at the end of the day, their races does not matter

Moody
09-30-2010, 09:53 PM

No, that doesn't work either... :)

But anyway, you are right, it doesn't matter (at all.) I just like having fun with it.

Nefu
09-30-2010, 09:54 PM
No, that doesn't work either... :)

But anyway, you are right, it doesn't matter (at all.) I just like having fun with it.

lol, no worries!!
props though!

d.hyde
09-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Could Adam and Eve been labeled a race since they were the first? Are races a result of the fall? I mean you have one man, and the woman came from the one, therefore it seems as if the should only have the one in them. Pre fall of course. Conjecture. Just asking.

eve
09-30-2010, 10:07 PM

true. it doesn't matter.

but just for facts' sake, there was no tribe of judah then. so, no, he wasn't jewish :)

Nefu
09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
but just for facts' sake, there was no tribe of judah then. so, no, he wasn't jewish :)
makes sense!

d.hyde
09-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Eve what race are you, there is no record of your demise anywhere in Scripture , so you would be the best person to ask.:dull:
How old are you eve?
LOL

SemperReformanda
09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Over here, it's quite common and it seem to be working well.There are the odd cases of attacks-both verbal and physical been aimed at the black partner.. The kids sometimes get teased in school as well.

The bad side is, if one of the parent is absent in the marriage, the kids will grow up hating that parent and the race of the parent. I know of a girl, who hates Blacks, simply cuz her dad-black- was absent during her childhood.

The usual, argument against inter racial marriages are understandable but what is more irritating is: tribalism amongst folks of the same race...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's interesting fam! I have a piece of my heart in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. When I was there two straight summers, there was a family we worked with that was in an interracial relationship -- and it was frowned up within the community. Interesting to see that for the most part it is fine in the Republic. Maybe it's a difference between the North and South.

djnoyze
09-30-2010, 11:29 PM

I forgot where I read it, but geneticists say that at least one of them had to have at least been mid brown, while the other (Adam) was probably dark brown due to the way that melanin in the skin is passed from parent to child...

Two white people can't have a black child, two black people can't have a white child, however, a mixed couple can have a black child, a whiter skinned child or a child who looks like a mix of the two in general.

I'll see if I can find it tomorrow... Pretty interesting though...

eve
09-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Eve what race are you, there is no record of your demise anywhere in Scripture , so you would be the best person to ask.:dull:
How old are you eve?
LOL

lol. well my hair is the texture of lamb's wool. and if i catch leprosy like my descendant miriam, you'll be able to tell (in other words, i'm not "white like snow").

and, um, i'm about 6,000 years old :)

That's interesting fam! I have a piece of my heart in Ballymena, Northern Ireland. When I was there two straight summers, there was a family we worked with that was in an interracial relationship -- and it was frowned up within the community. Interesting to see that for the most part it is fine in the Republic. Maybe it's a difference between the North and South.

gosh, it's soooooo amazing how as humans we're supposed to have higher order thinking ... yet we'll be caught up in personal appearance as if we don't know that skin and hair have nothing at all to do with WHO a person is. smh. fallen humanity!

jnorman888
10-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I could be wrong, but from my own personal experience, it seemed as if the whole eastern half of Ohio has a huge population of interracial marriage and interracial couples. It's totally different in Western PA. I don't see too many around here, but I saw alot right next door in Ohio.

jnorman888
10-01-2010, 01:48 AM
I forgot where I read it, but geneticists say that at least one of them had to have at least been mid brown, while the other (Adam) was probably dark brown due to the way that melanin in the skin is passed from parent to child...

Two white people can't have a black child, two black people can't have a white child, however, a mixed couple can have a black child, a whiter skinned child or a child who looks like a mix of the two in general.

I think Adam and Eve were both the same color brown.....since Eve was a type of clone of Adam (She came from his rib). Brown can eventually make up all the different colors we have today in humanity. I think the size of our planet, and it's location near the Sun also has alot to do with it. As well as where we live on the planet. Human population groups may decay differently depending on how the Sun manipulate/destroy our DNA/RNA. Most of these variations are negative and harmful, but over a long period of time a certain human population of a specific region of the planet will begin to adapt/conform to that region and so they will eventually look different from another human population group in a different area.

If we were to travel in space within our solar system, then we would have to control the environment of the ship or space station by mimicking the environment of a specific region of our home planet or else we would eventually look different from how people on the planet look.

efusion
10-01-2010, 02:31 AM
There is only ONE race.

1 RACE.

HUMAN RACE.

There is no such thing as inter-racial marriages.

efusion
10-01-2010, 02:33 AM
in fact, there likely weren't even inhabitants in northern europe at that time :) and we know the Garden wasn't there.

We have no idea where the Garden was.

Why?

Because there was a worldwide flood that destroyed the earth/land that was. It was deluged.

Let's read the Bible's history and apply it.

The earth/land of Creation was destroyed by the worldwide flood of Noah's day.

jnorman888
10-01-2010, 02:43 AM
There is only ONE race.

1 RACE.

HUMAN RACE.

There is no such thing as inter-racial marriages.

Yeah, I think we all know that. You are preaching to the choir by saying that. The OP used the term inter-racial marriage and I think we all understood what he was talking about.....especially if one lives in America.

If you want to use a different term like inter-ethnic marriages then please do so.

Aquila
10-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Good thread. Moody either clowining or serious but I like his points.

I feel since they were made perfection before the fall that they may have not been a certain race.

Moody
10-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Good thread. Moody either clowining or serious but I like his points.

I feel since they were made perfection before the fall that they may have not been a certain race.

Yeah man... I'm just messing around, although I'm like 50% serious... ;)

Moody
10-01-2010, 07:55 AM
If we were to travel in space within our solar system, then we would have to control the environment of the ship or space station by mimicking the environment of a specific region of our home planet or else we would eventually look different from how people on the planet look.

Man, I don't know why, but this made me laugh because it makes sense. Probably from watching too much SyFy? We would be some interesting looking people too. Our skin would probably turn translucent or something. (ewwww)

djnoyze
10-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Man, I don't know why, but this made me laugh because it makes sense. Probably from watching too much SyFy? We would be some interesting looking people too. Our skin would probably turn translucent or something. (ewwww)

So this is going way off topic, but have you ever wondered why we've seen so many things about space, ET's, UFO's, etc?

In other words, if we were to see a UFO for real today, not many people would wig out as bad as they may have years ago...

Shows like "The Event" and "V" have pretty much desensitized us to the notion that there may be others out there. Of course the bible tells us that there are others (angels) out there and usually we don't make a connection between angels and those not of this world, but I think it is interesting nonetheless.

jnorman888
10-01-2010, 09:08 AM

We would have to mimic/copy the way things are on Earth wherever we go in Space. The same gravity, electromagnetic waves, sunlight.......everything. And we would probably have to carry plants, animals, birds, and insects with us too.

In many ways Earth is like a space station or ship itself. God made it perfectly for us to survive on.

djnoyze
10-01-2010, 09:13 AM
We would have to mimic/copy the way things are on Earth wherever we go in Space. The same gravity, electromagnetic waves, sunlight.......everything. And we would probably have to carry plants, animals, birds, and insects with us too.

Unless, we have a different kind of body...

Why is this turning from interacial marriage to interspace travel and syfy?:biglaugh:

Water Walkin' Warrior
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OJnuN5K3e6U-vM:http://www.divshare.com/img/4355200-7d0.jpg&t=1
Just had a flashback on how a lot of ignorant white people see interracial children..."Black man, black woman black baby; white man, white woman white baby; black man, white woman black baby; white man, black woman black baby" SMH

Water Walkin' Warrior
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
After reading all the lastest posts.
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq288/WG55/Something%20Awful/onoz-derail.gif

Moody
10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Unless, we have a different kind of body...

Why is this turning from interacial marriage to interspace travel and syfy?:biglaugh:

Okay... so when we have glorified bodies, I can imagine it will be possible to fly to another planet... and I don't think we will need spaceships. That will be wild. Who wants to go to this new planet that is supposed to be like earth with me?

shekinahsmoke
10-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Granted, yes, I'm in Alabama -- but last year I had a good friend who was in an interracial relationship. Her parents found out, came into town, told her to never bring him home to them, and don't even think about entering a relationship with him. There reasoning was that if they got married, it would bring too much judgment upon their kids in school, etc -- and it wasn't socially acceptable in their small town.

Truly broke my heart, as well as my friend's.
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I lost a girlfriend in some similar fashion. Her fam flat out refused.

simply seth
10-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I lost a girlfriend in some similar fashion. Her fam flat out refused.

mebbe Mrs. Smoke sees that as Divine Providence :D;)

shekinahsmoke
10-01-2010, 01:17 PM
mebbe Mrs. Smoke sees that as Divine Providence :D;)
;)

Shock~Therapy
10-01-2010, 07:06 PM

But just for you eve... Eve was Black!

;)

No actually it isn't the only alternative

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/07/22/extremely-puzzled-black-couple-has-white-baby/