PDA

View Full Version : A student of mine and his family

eternal
12-08-2009, 02:56 PM
One of my kids in the Youth Ministry has been having a very rough month. First his mother was robbed at gun point, and the guy got away with all their money. Then his uncle died. On Saturday my student was robbed, and had all his possessions taken, keys, phone, back pack, etc. They had to rekey their locks. Then, that night, his mother was taken to the Hospital and awaits surgery.

I have been with him every step of the way, and I continue to tell him to endure these trials with all joy, as they produce perseverance, character, hope. To not respond in a detrimental way, but to keep his mind and heart focused on the goodness of Christ, allowing these events to be put into perspective and proper context.

He is a young man, he just turned 15. He is a good kid, but these things are pilling up, and it seems like I continue to reveal the same things to him over and over again every week, due to compiling travesties in his life.

I am praying lot for him and his family, that as they endure and continue to give God praise, that the blessing of His salvation will become more and more tangible to them, that His grace is sufficient, and that they can rejoice no matter the situation. I also am praying that they can experience some good, that things will turn around for them.

It would mean a lot if you could join me in this, as I hope God will continue to make him stand, that the streets won't convince him of another interpretation of these things, and that God will be more powerful in his life than he has previously known.

Thanks.

d.hyde
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear that. That is good that you are being a friend to him.

illuminaticx
12-11-2009, 12:56 AM
i will be praying...

eternal
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
i will be praying...

Please do. She is still in the hospital, undergoing tests to see what is wrong. Her son has been staying with a friend all week. He is doing well considering all that has happened.

shekinahsmoke
12-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray.

illuminaticx
12-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Please do. She is still in the hospital, undergoing tests to see what is wrong. Her son has been staying with a friend all week. He is doing well considering all that has happened.

No doubt. I'll keep her lifted tonight.

J =]