PDA

View Full Version : Daddy

eve
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey fam ... PLEASE pray for my dad. He REALLY needs prayer for this crazy disease he developed several years ago called Muscular Myositis. (The reason this is coming up now is because he called yesterday saying he didn't even have the energy to go to Penn Station and take the train down here to have Thanksgiving with my brother and I and his sister's family, so we may have to change plans). There's no known cure yet and the disease is not designed to kill him, but it has him on disability and unable to move very long very far. Muscle enzyme levels are in the four digits when they should be in the low threes. Literally he has a body that won't cooperate. This has taken him completely out of his element for several years now. The docs keep poking and prodding and experimenting (which is good) but since he's not an old man he has so much life left to live and I know God is perfectly capable & hopefully willing to cure him so he can live it. In the process of all this, docs had noticed a pinched spinal condition, which they went in and fixed, and a leaky valve in his heart, which they went in and fixed (thank God for you guys' prayers over the years and for excellent recovery from those major operations), but none of those did anything for this disease. Almost as torturous for him as not being able to walk more than a block at a time is not being able to work, feeling useless, frustration (for a man who under normal conditions is the life of the party), and lessened social interaction. He even had to put himself on the Inactive Deacons List at his church, which was hard. Thanks for your prayers! For those of you who are faithful with intercessory prayers, please place daddy on your healing list permanently until I return with news of the miracle I know God can perform if He so chooses. Thanks soooooo much, fam.

CHEMAelMC
11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey fam ... PLEASE pray for my dad. He REALLY needs prayer for this crazy disease he developed several years ago called Muscular Myositis. (The reason this is coming up now is because he called yesterday saying he didn't even have the energy to go to Penn Station and take the train down here to have Thanksgiving with my brother and I and his sister's family, so we may have to change plans). There's no known cure yet and the disease is not designed to kill him, but it has him on disability and unable to move very long very far. Muscle enzyme levels are in the four digits when they should be in the low threes. Literally he has a body that won't cooperate. This has taken him completely out of his element for several years now. The docs keep poking and prodding and experimenting (which is good) but since he's not an old man he has so much life left to live and I know God is perfectly capable & hopefully willing to cure him so he can live it. In the process of all this, docs had noticed a pinched spinal condition, which they went in and fixed, and a leaky valve in his heart, which they went in and fixed (thank God for you guys' prayers over the years and for excellent recovery from those major operations), but none of those did anything for this disease. Almost as torturous for him as not being able to walk more than a block at a time is not being able to work, feeling useless, frustration (for a man who under normal conditions is the life of the party), and lessened social interaction. He even had to put himself on the Inactive Deacons List at his church, which was hard. Thanks for your prayers! For those of you who are faithful with intercessory prayers, please place daddy on your healing list permanently until I return with news of the miracle I know God can perform if He so chooses. Thanks soooooo much, fam.

Sis, I am really sorry to hear about your dad... May the Lord have mercy on him and you and your family.. May the LORD's Will be done...

I can't imagine my dad in a situation like that... I pray the Lord strengthen your father, you and all of your family...

God bless you

illuminaticx
11-26-2009, 03:08 AM
i will keep your dad lifted.. keep us updated. God Bless,

J =]

mgz
11-26-2009, 01:57 PM
still praying!