PDA

View Full Version : Gays and Gospel Commentary

The_Expositor
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.nbjc.org/news/gays-and-gospel-commentary.html

Someone at work pointed me toward this article from a few years ago. I have some comments, but I'd like to hear what others think about this person's perspective.

Ras
11-13-2009, 11:49 PM
http://www.nbjc.org/news/gays-and-gospel-commentary.html

Someone at work pointed me toward this article from a few years ago. I have some comments, but I'd like to hear what others think about this person's perspective.

Even though it was unscientific, we came to the conclusion that Hollywood is probably 33% enthusiastically heterosexual, 33% decidedly bisexual, and 33% avidly homosexual. The question was, is Hollywood 'unique' or do Americans reflect those same numbers in range and motion of sexual orientation? Which brings us back to the subject of gospel singers.

Can't speak for Hollywood. I don't agree with the high numbers. But certainly I don't agree that only 2% of the poplation is gay. To me, that's too low. Especially with the popularity and acceptance of lesbianism. I agree with the gays (at least what they use to promote) that 10% of the population is gay.

Rikki
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
The author needs to be less concerned with acceptance of homosexual behavior and more concerned with what the Bible says.

The_Expositor
11-14-2009, 08:08 AM
The author needs to be less concerned with acceptance of homosexual behavior and more concerned with what the Bible says.

Well, the author is a lesbian herself. I agree with you, but I didn't expect her to condemn it.

Rikki
11-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Didn't realize that until I read what the organization is about. I suppose that article is what is to be expected from them.

king neb
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
well, this article is a prime example of how we, as sensous creatures, attempt, by our senses, to determine what is acceptable or not.

Article fails on two points:

Biblically - Homosexuality is an abomination. End of story. There is simply nothing in all of scripture that condones such behavior.

Logically - her conclusions do not follow from her premises.

"Oh, look at what all so and so accomplished. He invented Gospel Music. His music has touched millions."

Therefore,

"His homosexuality is ok."

Such an argument is nonsense.

What if we found out that not only was the person "gay", but that he was murdering people all this time as well.

"Ah, but i guess murder is ok because his music brought tears to my eyes."

What would this lesbian say then? Based on her fallcious argument above, she would not be able to answer.

==========================

As i have explained in the apologetics section ~ once a person rejects the holy writ (reality as defined by God), this is the folly they are left to. A rejection of God is a rejection of sanity.