PDA

View Full Version : Promotion at my job

djHeir
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Fam,

So it looks like a position has opened up at my job and I'm in consideration for it. It's kind of a leap because although it's still in telecommunications, it's a different function and less technical than all of the other positions I've held over the span of my career.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit would guide me in whatever my decision is regarding this position, that He would give me the wisdom to carefully weigh out my options, and that God would allow me to trust him to provide our every need regardless of the outcome.

icuucme
10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
no problem, got you in my prayers

str8wisdom
10-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Wow, yeah man I will be praying. This is great that you're being considered for the position. Will pray for clarity, wisdom and understanding. And if this would not be the promotion for you, that you would still have all of those things in that situation as well. Will also be praying for the family!

Keep us updated (or at least me ;))

shekinahsmoke
10-08-2009, 07:16 AM
u know i got u!

mgz
10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
praying, bro

shekinahsmoke
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
update?

djHeir
12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
So I got the position :)

They initially offered me a very low salary and I countered with something more considerable being as how I'm not in a position where i have to find another gig and someone coming in off the street would have been making more. They accepted my counter and I start on the 11th.

Here's the thing though, as the date approaches, I'm starting to have second thoughts about the position because of things like the fact that I'm comfortable where I am now, I'm only taking the job cause it's more money, and it's a completely different culture in the new group (more strict about time & stuff like that).

Not saying I don't want it, but it's definitely been weighing on me heavily the past couple of days. I talked with my current supervisor today and while I didn't completely tell her how I was feeling, I let her know that I was getting antsy (sp?). After talking to her though, I do feel a bit better about it.

All in all, I am absolutely confident that regardless of what the situation that God will work all things for my good. Please pray that I would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and that I will not be tempted to lean on my own understanding and wisdom. I know God's got me, it's just kinda scary when you've got a family at home depending on you.

And just to reiterate, I am very grateful that I was considered for this spot and thank God for the opportunity. Just never been in a situation like this before.

Thanks for letting me vent fam!

shekinahsmoke
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.