PDA

View Full Version : Oral Surgery & Endoscopy

maskilz
09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Greetings my brothers & sisters in Chrst.

I have a prayer request:

Oral Surgery:
Tomorrow (9/23/09) there is a 50/50 chance I may get my third molars extracted. The reason being...my third molars are impacted (http://www.cvshealthresources.com/Imagebank/Articles_images/dental/dental_impacted.jpg) but the crazy thing is my roots form a check mark (curves up) around the nerves. Therefore, if things go wrong and the nerves are damaged during the process, I may end up with permanent numbness.

Endoscopy:
I'm going to get my esophagus checked this Friday (9/25/09). I've been experiencing mad heartburn and acid refluxes. My gastroenterologist would like to see what is going on inside of me.

Please pray for me and the doctors.

loveschild
09-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I will be in prayer for you. I had an impacted wisdom tooth extracted and the nerves were damaged. Because I was young and healthy, I got most of my feeling back in my bottom lip. I have a little numbness, but not as much as before. I used to bite my lip whenever I ate, but not anymore. It has affected my speech slightly, although most people can't tell.

The advantage you have is that you know this is a possibility; I only found out days after my surgery after the fact. You have people praying for your health and if it comes to it, a sucessful surgery with no after effects.

Take care!
3 John 1:2

JARZJR
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Greetings my brothers & sisters in Chrst.

I have a prayer request:

Oral Surgery:
Tomorrow (9/23/09) there is a 50/50 chance I may get my third molars extracted. The reason being...my third molars are impacted (http://www.cvshealthresources.com/Imagebank/Articles_images/dental/dental_impacted.jpg) but the crazy thing is my roots form a check mark (curves up) around the nerves. Therefore, if things go wrong and the nerves are damaged during the process, I may end up with permanent numbness.

Endoscopy:
I'm going to get my esophagus checked this Friday (9/25/09). I've been experiencing mad heartburn and acid refluxes. My gastroenterologist would like to see what is going on inside of me.

Please pray for me and the doctors.

That stinks, bro...

Aren't you a dental school student?

And today's your birthday, too? What a terrible present...

icuucme
09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
got one of my wisdom tooth removed couple weeks ago...i had the prayer request in this forum..

My nerves were temporarily damaged (about 24 hours), i couldnt feel the right side of my face and my chin. Dont worry tho bro...after a few days the pain will go away. right now , i dont even feel a thing.

ps...they didnt knock me out, i was wide awake :)

maskilz
09-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Update:

Greetings, once again, my brothers and sisters in Christ!

Thanks for everyones prayer. Everything went well, however, my face is swollen on the right side. My doctor removed only two out of three wisdom teeth and left one...he told me it was to risky to remove the wisdom tooth on the left side of the mandiular, therefore, he left it alone.

Pray for a quick recovery for me, ya. Tomorrow I have the endoscopy which requires me to open my mouth. Ouch!!!

Thanks!!!

mzsoulll
09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
glad to hear this part of the ordeal went well. Cool Beans.

maskilz
09-25-2009, 01:55 AM
will do. hey, about the endoscopy... dont worry bro. I've had two of them. they knock you out, and seriously...when you wake up, you won't believe you even had one. Well..i take that back, you're throat will be a bit "scratchy" for a few hours, but thats it.

lol...thanks for the encouragement. You're a cool brother...I'm glad you shared your experince with me...that's helps a lot.

Thanks!!!

maskilz
09-25-2009, 01:59 AM
That stinks, bro...

Aren't you a dental school student?

And today's your birthday, too? What a terrible present...

It's all good! I don't mind. ;)

David L
10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Update:

Greetings, once again, my brothers and sisters in Christ!

Thanks for everyones prayer. Everything went well, however, my face is swollen on the right side. My doctor removed only two out of three wisdom teeth and left one...he told me it was to risky to remove the wisdom tooth on the left side of the mandiular, therefore, he left it alone.

Pray for a quick recovery for me, ya. Tomorrow I have the endoscopy which requires me to open my mouth. Ouch!!!

Thanks!!!

Yea, I got all 4 of them wisdom joints pulled at the same time. They just numbed me up good and the rest was history. Of course, I was only about 16 or 17 when they did that so it was a preventive measure. I was able to avoid the horror stories associated with getting them taken out after they've already began to cause problems.

Glad to hear you're doing better ichigo. lols

maskilz
10-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better ichigo. lols

lol...you're my Best Friend now :jiggy: