PDA

View Full Version : Interview tomorrow

icuucme
08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
I have an interview 2morow morning for a big company in Jamaica, i'm just asking if you guys can pray for me pleaaase.
My main reason for wanting a new job is mainly so i can provide for my family now (that is my mom and dad) and also be sure that i can get married soon.

My mother is sickly and i hate seeing her have to go to work every morning, my father doesnt have a job. I am looking for a job where i can provide for them so my mom dont have to work no more. With my current job i cant do that, i can only help out.

I pray if it is God's Will that i get the job.

albraggs
08-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I will be praying for you.

thankfull
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
praying...

shekinahsmoke
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I soooo got you homie.

icuucme
08-26-2009, 02:16 PM
thanx y'all, it was a bit funny

the company i applied for is a big telecomnunications company in jamaica and they have like 3 buildings in a small area. i was directed to one of the buildings, they told me to go to the 5th floor. i went up there, spoke to the receptionist. She didnt have my name on the list of persons for an interviews. she said there is no record of me doing an interview there for that day..lol

i sat for about 30 minutes (the interview was originally suppose to be at 10:00, this was now 10:30) until the actual person that emailed me about the interview called me and asked if i was still coming for the interview.lol....i told him i was upstiars waiting for him...he then asked me y i was upstairs i was suppose to be on the ground floor...i then asked him about the building and he told me it was the wrong one i was at. lol..he was very jovial about it as he said it happens alot.

the interview was very good, he wanted to know when i can start etc....he says there will be a final interview next week with the manager who was not in the island this week. so i am continuing to ask for you prayers!

shekinahsmoke
08-26-2009, 02:30 PM
thanx y'all, it was a bit funny

the company i applied for is a big telecomnunications company in jamaica and they have like 3 buildings in a small area. i was directed to one of the buildings, they told me to go to the 5th floor. i went up there, spoke to the receptionist. She didnt have my name on the list of persons for an interviews. she said there is no record of me doing an interview there for that day..lol

i sat for about 30 minutes (the interview was originally suppose to be at 10:00, this was now 10:30) until the actual person that emailed me about the interview called me and asked if i was still coming for the interview.lol....i told him i was upstiars waiting for him...he then asked me y i was upstairs i was suppose to be on the ground floor...i then asked him about the building and he told me it was the wrong one i was at. lol..he was very jovial about it as he said it happens alot.

the interview was very good, he wanted to know when i can start etc....he says there will be a final interview next week with the manager who was not in the island this week. so i am continuing to ask for you prayers!
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1513858module8197113photo_TigerWoods_Fis t_Pump.jpg1202767632

icuucme
08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
got the email invitation for the 2nd interview on tuesday september 1. this will be with the group manager.

:)

shekinahsmoke
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I still gotcha bravo! :)

RDD
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Praying fam!!

thankfull
08-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Yay! Praying!

JARZJR
08-28-2009, 12:57 AM
This is encouraging...

icuucme
09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanx for the prayers!!

just did the 2nd interview...and...what can i say...it was intense..

def. the most difficult interview ive done.

They were 3 (white) persons with american accent (that is quite intimidating in Jamaica) and it was one hour of throwing scenarios at me. They took turns one after another throwing questions..lol
One was like Simon from American Idol...lol

I was nervous, dont think i showed it tho, i think i handled myself properly and answered all the questions without breaking...Thank God.

I think i did fairly well tho, they said they had others to interview, but they will get back to me this week.

shekinahsmoke
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
awesome.. keep us updated.

The_Expositor
09-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Man, I'm gonna be praying for you on this. I know it must have been difficult. I admire your desire to take care of the fam. That's very admirable, sir.

icuucme
09-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Well thanx for the prayers y'all, i donno what happened, it's 2 weeks and i havent gotten a reply at all. The good thing tho is that i was called for an interview from another company this week. I have the interview 2morow morning at 11am. Asking for your prayers again :)

jeyjey34
09-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanx for the prayers!!

just did the 2nd interview...and...what can i say...it was intense..

def. the most difficult interview ive done.

They were 3 (white) persons with american accent (that is quite intimidating in Jamaica) and it was one hour of throwing scenarios at me. They took turns one after another throwing questions..lol
One was like Simon from American Idol...lol

I was nervous, dont think i showed it tho, i think i handled myself properly and answered all the questions without breaking...Thank God.

I think i did fairly well tho, they said they had others to interview, but they will get back to me this week.
Man, the same thing happened to me at an interview that I asked y'all to pray about in a thread on here. I went in for a 2nd interview and it went well and they told me they liked me and that I was one of the best interviews they had....

Then I never heard from them after that... That's just how it goes I guess... :wacko:

shekinahsmoke
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
What happened??!?! Still no word?

icuucme
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
What happened??!?! Still no word?The interview went very well. The interviewers said they were very impressed and I should expect a call on Monday. My previous working experience lined up with exactly what they wanted. The position at this company is not as big as the one for the intervview i did b4, but if it's the Lord's Will for me to get this one, then i'll take it.

Thanks for the prayers again

icuucme
09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I got the job for the interview i did on Friday....but i'm not sure as yet if i would take it. The package is not much better than my current job, and it's a contract job, not permanent. I have by the end of the day to decide, i'll be in prayer.

shekinahsmoke
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
1) better at all compensation wise
2) is it in a profession of your liking and expertise?
3) does it have the potential to go perm
4) are u in a perm postion now.

loveschild
09-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you to the perfect position so that you may care for your family, get married and even more. He desires to give us more than we can ever ask or think and it is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom. It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. Keep searching for your kingdom, bro!

icuucme
10-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks again for the prayers, I signed the contract for the new job, I will be starting November 2nd

icuucme
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey, the CEO for my current company called me into a meeting today, to basically persuade me to stay, he said by this week thursday he will notify me if they can almost double my current pay....that would be a good offer, still praying for God's Will tho

icuucme
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
The CEO just gave me the verbal approval for the raise in my salary.
I am still waiting for the written contract, he said it should be ready for next week.

Soli Deo Gloria

jeyjey34
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Almost DOUBLE??? Dang dude!!! :jiggy:

That's awesome! Praise God!

mgz
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
praying for your family

shekinahsmoke
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
the ceo just gave me the verbal approval for the raise in my salary.
I am still waiting for the written contract, he said it should be ready for next week.

Soli deo gloria
woooooooooow Jesus rocks!! Wooooooow!!!!

icuucme
11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
UPDATE:

i will be getting the contract 2morow...i got the raise

also...

i have another interview 2morow..lol, so i still have another choice if i get that job

icuucme
01-29-2010, 11:29 PM
UPDATES!!

I donno y i thought i updated you guys from b4.
The interview i did in november i got the call the week of Christmas, that i got the job and i accepted it :)

I will be starting on Monday. Thanx for all the prayers guys!!!