PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my neighbor Cleo

Church Boy
07-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Please pray for my neighbor Cleo. He's a carpenter doing repairs on our house. This morning he was changing the floor for a second story room. He had taken off the old plywood which means the only thing to stand on is the narrow wooden planks. While he was putting down the new floors he slipped. Luckily he did not fall straight through to the bottom floor, but he landed on one of the planks right at his ribcage. He says it feels like two of his ribs are broken.

The sad part is when this happened I was in my now regular 4hr long morning bible study session. He said he was calling for me because he couldn't move. I was on the outside balcony which has a two room distance between us and I didn't hear anything. He had to roll to the corner to get himself up then walked home where they went to take him to the hospital.

When I was finished with my study I went downstairs and saw the hole but thought since he's a skilled carpenter that he his foot just slipped. He usually works in gaps of time so often he'll be gone for a couple hours. It wasn't til the afternoon that I saw he did not return that I called his house to see if he was okay that I found out what happened. I apologized about not hearing him calling me but I feel pretty bad. He's not a Christian and when he needed help from me the Christian I was caught up in a bible study.

I guess things like this do happen and he doesn't seem upset but please pray for a speedy and full recovery for him and that I don't become to heavenly minded to be of any earthly good.

BlackCalvinist
07-29-2009, 10:30 PM
That wasn't on purpose, dude.... but spend time hollarin' at dude. There's an opportunity for dialogue there now. Use it as a gospel opportunity.

illuminaticx
08-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I will be praying.

J =]

albraggs
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I will be praying for him