PDA

View Full Version : Discussion with the pastor

Hvnbnd
06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey y'all, this is a huge one to me...I joined this local body due to the biblical truth I heard during the few months we visited. Weve been memebers going on two years now, but about a year in there were a couple messages that basically made me cring a little. I tried to look past it, but last night something was said (related to a discussion that occurred on the board not too long ago) that had me ready to walk out and leave my duties and tale my fam elsewhere.

I first want to at least chop it up with him to see if we can address everything and I can see where his mind is, but I just ask y'all to pray I stay calm, humble, and that the Holy Spirit mediates and convicts as necessary.

Thank y'all in advance

thankfull
06-04-2009, 11:23 AM
praying!

Hvnbnd
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Update: Sent an email to get scripture reference from him yesterday morning and he responded that he will get back to me... still waiting so please keep praying! :)

CLER
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
praying

Hvnbnd
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey, appreciate yall prayers... still trying to get clarity on where the pastor is coming from... he responded with his scripture reference and here is what I had planned to email to him but I may just sit down and talk to him. Thanks for your support!

Thank you for your response Pastor, I’m always trying to grow and learn and want to be absolutely clear about everything that I hear and process. Let me ask you a question about John 10:34- 36 though, does Christ direct that to the members of the Body/ Church? I know that he was in the midst of Pharisees and quoted Psalms 82:6 to show them that their claims of blasphemy had, at best, a shaky foundation. He was using the Law (which points to and was fulfilled by Christ as we know) to let them know that the term “god” wasn’t as foreign as they made it seem. At the same time, those magistrates/ judges that the Father placed in office to carry out the Law were only pale representations of Jesus and only a few ruled with integrity (which is where Psalm 82:7 and 8 come in). Since verse 8 says: “8 Arise, O God, judge the earth; For You shall inherit all nations.” (NKJV), is Asaph pointing to Jesus as becoming the lone magistrate of this earth? I do agree that we are/ were made in the image of God but we are members of the Body of Christ, branches grafted into The Vine, I’m not sure I understand how we can use the “little G(g)ods” in any form. Once again, I am just dialoguing and surely will not be a disruptive force; I just want to seek the understanding as the Holy Spirit gives freely.
Thanks for being open to this discussion.

shekinahsmoke
06-08-2009, 02:05 PM
praying man.

Hvnbnd
06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Well, it was a long time in the making but we finally were able to get on the phone and get on the same (biblical) page. I discussed the passages in question and the way he said what he said and he let me know that he appreciated me challenging him on it. So, basically we are good and the integrity of the use of God's word is intact! What a relief! Appreciate y'all's prayers..sincerely

mgz
07-13-2009, 03:49 PM
praise God! It's refreshing to hear of pastors who are open to being challenged! I'm glad your family didn't have to leave your church due to a misunderstanding.

eve
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, it was a long time in the making but we finally were able to get on the phone and get on the same (biblical) page. I discussed the passages in question and the way he said what he said and he let me know that he appreciated me challenging him on it. So, basically we are good and the integrity of the use of God's word is intact! What a relief! Appreciate y'all's prayers..sincerely

wow! this is great!

thanks for the update.