PDA

View Full Version : Dad in hospital, abnormal heart rhythm

NiteLyte
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey family,

My dad has been in the hospital since yesterday morning. He went to the ER because his blood pressure was very high, along with his heart-rate and they found that his heart rhythm was abnormal and he has some heart failure and fluid in his lungs. He's had a bad cough lately and it's due to the fluid.

We're thanking God that his blood pressure has returned to normal and so has his heart-rate, but the heart rhythm is still abnormal. The doctor said that if the rhythm doesn't become normal today then they will do a procedure tomorrow morning where they sedate the patient and try to shock the heart to return its rhythm to normal.

He is feeling okay and in good spirits, and they have him out of the ICU today and in a normal room. I'm about to go back over to the hospital now and my mom has been staying with him overnight.

So if you could please be praying that his heart rhythm regulates, my family and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Hvnbnd
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Interceeding for your Dad now.

NiteLyte
05-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you!

FollowerOfChrist1
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Got you sis. *praying*

thankfull
05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
praying

Rina_cz
05-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Praying too sis.

NiteLyte
05-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Thank you!

It looks like they'll be doing the shock this morning. They scheduled it last night. The medicine wasn't returning his rhythm back to normal so he's on for the procedure. They'll double check before they do anything, though.

I'll keep you updated.

Thank you again.

djHeir
05-22-2009, 05:37 AM
praying

savedbygracealone
05-22-2009, 07:33 AM
praying now sis

NiteLyte
05-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you all so much!

He came through just fine! Praise the Lord! His heart rhythm is normal and they were able to get it that way on the first try. He's doing well, just a little out-of-it still from the sedative. They'll keep him there today and tonight, then run a stress test tomorrow. He'll be on blood thinner to keep clots from forming and have his blood checked regularly.

Thank you again. I'm really grateful for you! :biggrin:

(I was going to post this earlier but I was conked out in a chair in the hospital room, and I couldn't login from my phone for some reason. I can read HCR on it, but I can't post.)

NiteLyte
05-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Just some more updates on my dad:

He's still feeling good. He has a stress test scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7 (central time). They want to make sure his heart is working properly when he's exerting himself. If so, then he can probably go home tomorrow. They do have him on blood thinner medicines, though, to make sure no clots form.

I'll tell how that goes as soon as I can.

If you could, though, please pray for my family's physical endurance through this. My two older brothers, mom and I are running on small amounts of sleep due to Dad's early tests and all that's been going on. The hospital's not far from us but we're often driving while tired. But we're really grateful for how God's taking care of us every step of the way through this.

I'd better stop typing now because I'm sure this is loaded with typos, I'm so sleepy...

Goodnight, fam. :) Thank you again for praying.

shekinahsmoke
05-23-2009, 07:59 AM
*go Jesus!* yes.

NiteLyte
05-23-2009, 03:23 PM
He just got back from the hospital. His stress test was fine. Nothing abnormal. He feels great and we're all exhausted lol.

:biggrin:

Thank you all so very much!

CLER
05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey sis will be praying for your dad and your whole fam. I know how it feels going through this and feeling exhausted, we had to go through this for more than a month while trying to live out our other responsibilities. You all have to work together for your dad to have full recovery and maintain his health. Those meds for blood clotting has side effects and I'm pretty sure they are pretty aware of that.

mgz
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
praying!

NiteLyte
07-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey fam! I know this thread is a little old. But there was so much support and I really want to thank you again for your prayers. We really needed it. God's been so faithful and I want to testify that my dad is doing MUCH better and has quit smoking through this trial! He has been a smoker as long as I've been alive, and I had prayed for YEARS that he would quit. And now he has! He's also returned back to work (a few weeks ago) and is probably going to retire soon, in a few months. But he's feeling good, doing fine and no longer a smoker. The chains are broken. :)

Thank you, Jesus!

illuminaticx
07-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Praise Jesus!!

J =]

shekinahsmoke
07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
yooooooooooooo

newchild116
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
will be praying. STAND FIRM

RDD
07-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Wow omg i was praying once i read this and once again i scrolled down and come to find out your father is healed....another miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is truly amazing!

God is using u nytlelite....be encouraged:d