PDA

View Full Version : Emergency prayer, please.

naijagirl
05-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks to my hectic schedule, I forgot to pay rent.

I received a note on my door today telling me to leave in 3 days. Have you ever tried to cry, with no tears coming out? Yeah, that was my reaction. I couldn't stand, and I'm still shaky.

The next 24 hours are going to be chaotic. Please lift me up. :(

FollowerOfChrist1
05-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh no :(

Praying.

djHeir
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
praying

d.hyde
05-05-2009, 11:37 PM
We should band together to help her. I don't have much, but I can put something in a PayPal account for you on Friday.

The_Expositor
05-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Do you need help, sis...or did you just forget? Either way, we got your back. Much love, Ndidi.

naijagirl
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
d.hyde, thanks so much. I've already raided my savings for this. I've cried, listened to my mom try not to have a heart attack over in Omaha...and I can't study.

See, my dad pays the rent, not me. And I made a stupid mistake to tell him it was due next week.

My mom's sending me some money to cushion the hit this is going to make on my account.

So the money is coming...just very late.

Thanks so much, family. I would have called my rector, but I hate bawling over the phone. I really do.

Just keep me in prayer. For wisdom, direction etc. I know my lease is up, so I have to sign a new one. I'm skipping class tomorrow to get this all settled.

I'm shaking over here, and it isn't even cold. :frown:

BlackCalvinist
05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
:(

Hvnbnd
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry I came in late to this thread but my wife and I live in Lewisville and I can pm you her email if there's anything we need to help you with. Again sorry for the tardiness but I will pray right now!

naijagirl
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Update:

Thanks for the prayers! I got up at the crack of dawn only to discover that the apartment office didn't open until 8.30.:daydreaming:

So I prayed for 30 minutes. Sat in the dark with my booklight, found some Psalms and prayed. It was the most I could do.

8.32. I'm at the office, and it's still locked. I knock, and I tell the receptionist all my woes, and she was like, "That's fine. You can just pay the full rent. The note was just regular protocol we have to do." I was so joyous. I wrote the check, handed it over, and I'll be back in the afternoon to sign my new lease.

Praise God! I'm so tired, though. I think I'll sneak in an hour before I head to the library. My 6 hours of sleep had me dreaming of my dog, and I don't know if she's alive or not. I trust God with her, though. *sigh*

FollowerOfChrist1
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Update:

Thanks for the prayers! I got up at the crack of dawn only to discover that the apartment office didn't open until 8.30.:daydreaming:

So I prayed for 30 minutes. Sat in the dark with my booklight, found some Psalms and prayed. It was the most I could do.

8.32. I'm at the office, and it's still locked. I knock, and I tell the receptionist all my woes, and she was like, "That's fine. You can just pay the full rent. The note was just regular protocol we have to do." I was so joyous. I wrote the check, handed it over, and I'll be back in the afternoon to sign my new lease.

Praise God! I'm so tired, though. I think I'll sneak in an hour before I head to the library. My 6 hours of sleep had me dreaming of my dog, and I don't know if she's alive or not. I trust God with her, though. *sigh*

Glad to hear :) :cute:

mgz
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
thanks for the update...I'm a couple of days late. I was praying as I was reading thinking "they can't kick her out" :mad:

I've learned that people are usually accomodating (especially when you usually pay your stuff on time)

I'm glad it worked out. don't stress and get that studying done :wubclub:

FollowerOfChrist1
05-07-2009, 01:52 PM
thanks for the update...I'm a couple of days late. I was praying as I was reading thinking "they can't kick her out" :mad:

I've learned that people are usually accomodating (especially when you usually pay your stuff on time)

I'm glad it worked out. don't stress and get that studying done :wubclub:

Me too I was like are they serious? :wideeyed:

CLER
05-07-2009, 02:41 PM
sorry i was late but good to hear things are okay.

i don't know how it is in Texas, but over here... they can't immediately kick you out because you missed rent. There's like at least 3 months before they can try to evict you.