PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my old youth group

Quiet storm
04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Keep my old youth group in prayer because we have young people doubting the authority of scripture and believing scripture is filled with contradictions based on whatever it is the new leadership has taught them. This is really grieving me to the core.

JARZJR
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Keep my old youth group in prayer because we have young people doubting the authority of scripture and believing scripture is filled with contradictions based on whatever it is the new leadership has taught them. This is really grieving me to the core.

Thats crazy... Is the new leadership white? (I know that sounds like a strange question.) But generally black folks dont doubt the authority of the text. We just dont apply them, or we twist the heck out of them...

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Thats crazy... Is the new leadership white? (I know that sounds like a strange question.) But generally black folks dont doubt the authority of the text. We just dont apply them, or we twist the heck out of them...

nope black

jnorman888
04-23-2009, 12:36 AM
nope black

Are the kids saying that because you tought onething, and the new person is teaching the opposite of what you tought?

JNORM888

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Are the kids saying that because you tought onething, and the new person is teaching the opposite of what you tought?

JNORM888

The young guy I talked to last night is becoming very "universal" in his thinking on the whole "all roads lead to heaven" tip. We discussed the gospel and also discussed the authority of scripture and he was like "well the bible was written by men how can we trust it? Bro ______ (The name of the guy who replaced me) said that the Bible had contradictions anyways".

simply seth
04-23-2009, 08:01 AM
heartbreaking and grieving :frown::mad:

PoLemiCs
04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Go back bro!!!! And heed your old flock immediately...hold a series of bible studies on that, call each and everyone of them, email each and everyone of them...I'm not trying to tell you what to do....This really does boil my blood on how Satan continues to use his agents to deceive our young folks AHHHHHH :mad:

I'll even help you bro.....really, let me know what I can do, but do something...don't let this Noe-dude come up in there and destroy the faith of those you worked hard with, feel me...

In Prayer, right now!!!

eternal
04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Maybe you need to do more investigating. Go talk to the YP, and tell him of your conversation with him, and ask why he might have said that.

I would venture to say that when discussing a SEEMINGLY contradiction, this young man just took it as a flat out contradiction, or some other likely scenario.

But clearly you have to go talk with dude. But I would encourage you to not assume this young man's situation is the norm or common, nor that it is a direct result of the new YP's teaching. At least without further investigation, and talking with dude directly. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

mgz
04-23-2009, 01:22 PM
praying

jnorman888
04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
The young guy I talked to last night is becoming very "universal" in his thinking on the whole "all roads lead to heaven" tip. We discussed the gospel and also discussed the authority of scripture and he was like "well the bible was written by men how can we trust it? Bro ______ (The name of the guy who replaced me) said that the Bible had contradictions anyways".

Yeah, that would be a problem. This is one of the reasons why I like "Synergy" so much. If scripture is similar to Jesus then it must be both Divine & Human, so when they say it was written by man, just say....."it was written by Divinely Inspired men"

What seminary did your replacement goto?

It seems as if he is teaching doubt and semi-Atheism to your former students.

JNORM888

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe you need to do more investigating. Go talk to the YP, and tell him of your conversation with him, and ask why he might have said that.

I would venture to say that when discussing a SEEMINGLY contradiction, this young man just took it as a flat out contradiction, or some other likely scenario.

But clearly you have to go talk with dude. But I would encourage you to not assume this young man's situation is the norm or common, nor that it is a direct result of the new YP's teaching. At least without further investigation, and talking with dude directly. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't replaced by the YP I was replaced by his boy that he brought in to take my position which was the position of Youth Director. I talked to the guy who replaced me about 3 weeks ago and that is when I began to discover how off a lot of his 'theology' was. Him and I had about a 5 hour long convo that last until 330 AM in the morning. After talking to him I spoke with a couple of on staff personel at the church to make them aware of it (not sure how much good that would do in a church that is not theological minded). I already knew from talking to the guy that his views were off I just did not know that he had been sharing his views with the young people (not sure why I assumed that).

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that would be a problem. This is one of the reasons why I like "Synergy" so much. If scripture is similar to Jesus then it must be both Divine & Human, so when they say it was written by man, just say....."it was written by Divinely Inspired men"

What seminary did your replacement goto?

It seems as if he is teaching doubt and semi-Atheism to your former students.

JNORM888

Anderson University which is located in Indiana

JARZJR
04-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I wasn't replaced by the YP I was replaced by his boy that he brought in to take my position which was the position of Youth Director. I talked to the guy who replaced me about 3 weeks ago and that is when I began to discover how off a lot of his 'theology' was. Him and I had about a 5 hour long convo that last until 330 AM in the morning. After talking to him I spoke with a couple of on staff personel at the church to make them aware of it (not sure how much good that would do in a church that is not theological minded). I already knew from talking to the guy that his views were off I just did not know that he had been sharing his views with the young people (not sure why I assumed that).

Yeah, I was gonna ask you if you have talked to the head Pastor or the Elders about your concerns...

BlackCalvinist
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Ultimately, that falls on the lead pastor of the church.

You need to bring it before him with solid evidence.

I'm sorry to hear this, dude. I really, REALLY am.

:(

Oppose3
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
praying

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Ultimately, that falls on the lead pastor of the church.

You need to bring it before him with solid evidence.

I'm sorry to hear this, dude. I really, REALLY am.

:(

I agree the situation is kinda sticky because based on the fact that I was replaced by this guy it might be viewed as me speaking out of bitterness or something of that nature. In addition he is actually at another church now which is an extension of my old church with their own pastor and everything just at another location. That moved happened at the start of this year. What I want to happen is for leadership to sit him down to hear from him about his views and hopefully he will be honest about it. His current pastor I do not know to well but my father knows him well so I will speak to my father about it.

The_Expositor
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
You can always invite them out to Fourth Fridays, even though I think they're probably busy that week.

FollowerOfChrist1
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow.. praying.

Quiet storm
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
You can always invite them out to Fourth Fridays, even though I think they're probably busy that week.

The youth group at my old church meets on fridays so it might be viewed as trying to pull kids away from the church. We might be bringing one of the high school girls to church with us this Sunday. It will be a little of a cultural shock for her though lol.