PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Stephen Hawking

The_Expositor
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone:

I don't know if you've ever heard of Dr. Stephen Hawking. He's a scientist from England (I believe that's where he's from) who was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) at 21 years of age. Remarkably, he's lived with it way past most do. Dr. Hawking is also quite the atheist. Just one quote here:

What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary. [Stephen W. Hawking, Der Spiegel, 1989]

I started this thread with the hopes that we'd all be praying for him while he is hospitalized. From what I've read, he is "very ill." Let's pray that perhaps this time of hospitalization could become his day of salvation. Pray that the gospel would shine through into his heart and that he'd be changed. It's easy for us to pray for believers, but let's remember to hope for the best in his case as well.

Grace and peace

mgz
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
man! thanks for posting this. I will be praying for him. I can hear his voice as I'm typing...I will be praying for God to lead him to repentance so that he would not leave this earth shaking his fist at the heavens...

FollowerOfChrist1
04-23-2009, 11:43 AM
His name sounds familiar. Will be praying :wubclub: