PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Michael

BlackCalvinist
04-11-2009, 02:15 PM
A brother over on the PB:

Some of you all are already familiar with my situation. I've been divorced from my ex-wife for a sizable amount of time now but we have been stuck living together under the same roof for complex financial reasons. Well, today I am moving out with our son whom I have custody of. We will be moving in with my pastor, a blessing that I cannot even begin to describe.

Here is the tough part. My little boy has spent this week with his mom at her parents house in Mississippi. I had told her that I was going to move our stuff out while they were gone. I let her know that I would still pay my half of the mortgage and general upkeep of the property. She accepted but then the next day asked me to stay a little longer because she said she had to take a big pay cut at work and would not be able to afford her responsibilities without my help. Plus, she doesn't exactly want our son to go now. I told her that we would needed to discuss things further and work something out when she got back from her parents.

Then a big problem came up. While she was gone I stumbled upon a journal that she had been keeping with some very disturbing notes. We're talking Columbine-type stuff but without anything so explicit or direct that it would warrant immediate police intervention (according to my lawyer). She is bi-polar, heavily medicated (I think), and also suffers from a personality disorder. The journal itself is titled "Strike With Chaos". She apparently has been reading "Art of War" and has been taking detailed notes on deception and how she is going to overcome me to get our son. I immediately contacted my pastor, lawyer, family, and closest friends. Obviously it serves no purpose to stay any longer.

So as I am typing this all but one trip of clothes has been moved out. Her plane arrives around 1pm EST. On her way to the house I'm going to gently let her know that I've started to move and want us to talk about some counseling regarding our roles in our son's upbringing, which I think she will be agreeable to. I'm not going to get into the journal or anything. I just can't have her get here and freak out when she sees all the stuff is gone. She's been suicidal in the past and is very unpredictable when it comes to big surprises. I just need to get my child safely and without a massive fight.

PLEASE PRAY THAT THIS HAPPENS SMOOTHLY!

P.S. I also may not have internet access for a little while but will update as I soon as I can...

You think YOU got problems ??? Wow.:elvis: Keep this brother in prayer.

illuminaticx
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
A brother over on the PB:

You think YOU got problems ??? Wow.:elvis: Keep this brother in prayer.

With all due respect it's not good to compare anyone's problems to this brotherís problem. Yes, some of us are dealing with issues that burden our hearts heavy and by the grace of God and through prayer we're able to get through our trials. I will definitely keep this brother, his ex and his child in my prayers. God Bless,

J =]

BlackCalvinist
04-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I didn't post this necessarily to 'compare', but rather to help folk develop a more prayerful attitude period and realize that they are not the only ones going through problems and trials.

Manbwoy
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
ill be in prayer

mgz
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM
praying

FollowerOfChrist1
04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
praying..