PDA

View Full Version : Hello World!

SirRoam
04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
So for post number 1 here's the info that the boss men (and ladies... idk who runs the show either way much love 2 u all) have asked me 2 post.

Name and/or Nickname: Dallas is my real name. I go by D, Roam, and Panda
Church you fellowship at: Healing Place at Glad Tidings ( www.healingplaceonline.com )
Married?: nope
Kids?: nope
Hobbies: Listening to music, play around with Photoshop, make vids, hang out and talk with folks
Anything Else?: meh what do u want 2 know?
Favorite artists: Lecrae, Da Truth, Curvine!, Rick Pino

Welp that's it for my first post.

Peace and Love
D

www.healingplaceonline.com
www.myspace.com/sir_roam

FollowerOfChrist1
04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome sir :wubclub:

SirRoam
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
hey thanks :)

BlackCalvinist
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome fam! Good to see you on the boards. Be blessed.

jeyjey34
04-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the boards, SirRoam. Hey, can you tell us a little bit about your church The Healing Place? Do you like it? Do you like the teaching? What's the atmosphere like? Stuff like that...

d.hyde
04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
welcome, God bless.

jeyjey34
04-02-2009, 05:13 PM
uh oh. someone said healing... and kats start coming out the shadows like "huh?"

lol
Well, I looked at the website and saw some interesting things on it. So, I thought I'd ask about it instead of jumping to conclusions.

SirRoam
04-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the boards, SirRoam. Hey, can you tell us a little bit about your church The Healing Place? Do you like it? Do you like the teaching? What's the atmosphere like? Stuff like that...

Hey JeyJey i don't mind answering lol

I really do enjoy my church. I do like the teaching and i believe that it is scriptural. We just went through a Pastoral change so we'll see what the future holds for us but from my conversations with Pastor he seems to have a very good grasp on the Word. He takes a lot of time out to do proper exegetical studies before he delivers his sermons.

The atmosphere is a very loving one. Always has been. That's one thing i've always enjoyed about it is that it's always been loving yet still firm on the standards that God has laid out. I left for a few years to go to Bible collage and was very shocked to see how unbalanced many other churches were. I am truely spoiled here. I found church after church that either was very loving but very loose when it comes to Biblical standards or it was so ridged and legalistic about things that there wasn't even room for a sinner to come in to hear God's word preached.

We are a contemporary church. We don't do hymns very often. If we do we've changed it up and given it a lil more of a kick. We allow people to worship in all manner as long as it's truely worship and not just showing off. So some people sit quietly and just rest in the Lord's presence, some dance, some raise hands.

We do believe that the gifts of the Spirit are in operation today. Such as healing. We have prayed and seen many people healed of different things. One of the things that i rather like about my church is that in the past (again idk how our new pastor will do things) my previous pastor would make sure that the claims of healing were legit and not faked.

All in all i rather enjoy my church and i'm glad to be on staff there. God has opened doors for me 2 get in and really minister to the Children and help build the Biblical foundation that they need so that by the time they get to Uth group they can go from liquids and soft food to the steak. My uth pastor and i both have a vision to see this next generation of deacons and pastors and even laymen to have an understanding of the Christ that allows them to stand firm and not weaver like so many do now.

albraggs
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
welcome:smile: