PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

vancitykat
03-20-2009, 03:17 AM
So yeah, not sure what to write here so I'll just fill out the intro thing.

Name and/or Nickname: Zach
Church you fellowship at: The Church On The Hill
Married?: No
Kids?:No
Hobbies: Basketball, Playing guitar and drums, dropping the freshest rhymes ever.
Anything Else?: I like burritos
Favorite artists: Mars Ill, Scribbling Idiots, Sintax, Common Market, Shad, Mr. J, Strange Fruit Project, Common, Brother Ali, Sivion, Murs, I think I could go on for a really long time so I'll end it there.

Cowboy
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
It's true, he does stalk me for a living.

Welcome to the boards bro. Hope you find someone new to stalk.

BlackCalvinist
03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Stalkers welcome. :) Just register at the stalking booth over there ----->

We actually have a few people who are lonely and need a stalker, so you arrived just in time. :)

vancitykat
03-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Stalkers welcome. :) Just register at the stalking booth over there ----->

We actually have a few people who are lonely and need a stalker, so you arrived just in time. :)

Nice, it's always good to have multiple stalking options cuz Cowboy was kinda getting boring, not too mention following him to all those speedo theme parties is just awkward.

mgz
03-25-2009, 02:30 PM
another comedian...yes!

so vancitykat means guy from Vancouver city? ah, ok. I got it.

welcome!

vancitykat
03-26-2009, 08:20 PM
another comedian...yes!

so vancitykat means guy from Vancouver city? ah, ok. I got it.

welcome!

Hey I try.

Yeah it's kind of a stupid name but I've been using it on forums for years so I kinda stick with it, that's Vancouver Canada too, just want to make that clear so when I start spelling colour, honour, favourite etc. you'll know why. Plus I don't really want to be associated with the "other" Vancouver aka wannabe Portland.

So yeah, thanks for the welcome and lol at my post being helpful.

JARZJR
04-02-2009, 06:43 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2387/2198259774_baed018f2b.jpg

Welcome to the boards... :wink:

vancitykat
04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2387/2198259774_baed018f2b.jpg

Welcome to the boards... :wink:

Oh I see how it is!! Thanks for the welcome man.

albraggs
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
welcome,:smile:

Cowboy
04-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh I see how it is!! Thanks for the welcome man.

See, I'm not the only one who makes fun of Canada. Now please slowly put the gun down.

vancitykat
04-03-2009, 02:01 AM
See, I'm not the only one who makes fun of Canada. Now please slowly put the gun down.

Dude, you can see me??!! Dang, I thought I was hidden in these bushes.

PoLemiCs
04-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome bro

Da'Legend
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome fellow funny guy. Hope to exchange laughs with you during your stay :wink:

Look guys, no cute smile or wubclub!

Ethics
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome fam! I was a huge Blue Scholars/Common Market fan. Common Market's first/ latest video and the depiction of the church and all left me shaking my head. Shad is ill, Old Prince is proably the most refreshing album I have ever heard.

StreetSermonz
04-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome fam! I was a huge Blue Scholars/Common Market fan. Common Market's first/ latest video and the depiction of the church and all left me shaking my head. Shad is ill, Old Prince is proably the most refreshing album I have ever heard.

never heard of them, but I looked up the video and it confused me...

vancitykat
04-04-2009, 05:18 AM

So I take it you don't like them anymore cuz of the vid?

To everyone, thanks for the welcomes.

Ethics
04-04-2009, 12:13 PM
never heard of them, but I looked up the video and it confused me...

Yeah the video confused me still...Zia the Dj of the group's brother pushes out some of the best lower-budget music videos I have ever seen.

So I take it you don't like them anymore cuz of the vid?

To everyone, thanks for the welcomes.

I respect their craft Ra Scion has some of the most cutting deliveries/lyrics outta emcess i've heard. Its not cuz of the vid actually, I just reallly tuned outta a lot of secular music after I hopped onto HCR and discovered a plethora of edifying christian hip-hop I never even knew existed which is what I now bump 95% of the time.

StreetSermonz
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah the video confused me still...Zia the Dj of the group's brother pushes out some of the best lower-budget music videos I have ever seen.

I respect their craft Ra Scion has some of the most cutting deliveries/lyrics outta emcess i've heard. Its not cuz of the vid actually, I just reallly tuned outta a lot of secular music after I hopped onto HCR and discovered a plethora of edifying christian hip-hop I never even knew existed which is what I now bump 95% of the time.

Definitely has a dope style - reminds me of Mr. J a little bit with his voice. Seems like he's had a lot of exposure to the church from the lyrics - talks a lot against us. I read that he is Bahai. His beard is dope. I hope he gets saved and changes up his lyrics.

vancitykat
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Alright man, yeah there are mos def some ill Christian emcees out there but these guys are still one of my favourites. I'm glad to see there is at least one other Shad fan on here, maybe we can start our own fan club and wear matching shirts.

@ StreetSermonz Yeah he is Ba'hai as is Sabzi(the dj and producer) and Geologic who is the emcee from Blue Scholars, I obviously like their music and would recommend them but I respect that it might go against your beliefs.

Ethics
04-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Alright man, yeah there are mos def some ill Christian emcees out there but these guys are still one of my favourites. I'm glad to see there is at least one other Shad fan on here, maybe we can start our own fan club and wear matching shirts.

@ StreetSermonz Yeah he is Ba'hai as is Sabzi(the dj and producer) and Geologic who is the emcee from Blue Scholars, I obviously like their music and would recommend them but I respect that it might go against your beliefs.

Man we aint the only Shad fans I was surprised a couple months ago some next dude made a thread about Promise(another Canadian christian rapper) and cats were also talking about Shad on there aswell. Geologic is Bahai too!?!? Might go against OUR beliefs ya mean? Ya heard of THeory Hazit before another ill rapper from the northwest who is pretty close with Common Market and Blue Scholars, they do quite a couple shows together.. Hes an ill 'rapper whos christian'.

vancitykat
04-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Man we aint the only Shad fans I was surprised a couple months ago some next dude made a thread about Promise(another Canadian christian rapper) and cats were also talking about Shad on there aswell. Geologic is Bahai too!?!? Might go against OUR beliefs ya mean? Ya heard of THeory Hazit before another ill rapper from the northwest who is pretty close with Common Market and Blue Scholars, they do quite a couple shows together.. Hes an ill 'rapper whos christian'.

Nice to see that other cats are up on Shad here then, yeah Promise is ill, still need to cop that new album.

As far as the go against your beliefs comment, I guess that didn't really come out right lol. I meant that listening to an artist of a different faith might go against your personal beliefs, not that I'm Bahai lol.

Do I know Theory Hazit??!! Of course man!! If you notice I put Scribbling Idiots in my favourites list but yeah, he did a bunch of shows in the Northwest with CM and BS but he didn't come to the show in Vancouver which was too bad.

Ethics
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Definitely has a dope style - reminds me of Mr. J a little bit with his voice. Seems like he's had a lot of exposure to the church from the lyrics - talks a lot against us. I read that he is Bahai. His beard is dope. I hope he gets saved and changes up his lyrics.

Uhuh. Beard IS dope!

Nice to see that other cats are up on Shad here then, yeah Promise is ill, still need to cop that new album.

As far as the go against your beliefs comment, I guess that didn't really come out right lol. I meant that listening to an artist of a different faith might go against your personal beliefs, not that I'm Bahai lol.

Do I know Theory Hazit??!! Of course man!! If you notice I put Scribbling Idiots in my favourites list but yeah, he did a bunch of shows in the Northwest with CM and BS but he didn't come to the show in Vancouver which was too bad.

Yo guess what man? I just hit up dasouth today one of the biggest christian hip hop sites on the net, and on the front page, they got a small article on Shad and a vid of a freestyle that I have never seen. Its good to see even though Shad has never marketed himself as a christian rapper that people able to recognize his faith and that he welcomed. Liya another artist under Promise is also featured on Dasouth's front page too! Man I really wanna see the Canadian christian hip hop scene especially gospel rap.
http://dasouth.com/news/24-news/1062-shad-spits-6-minutes-straight-dopeness

EDIT: Apparantly Promise proposed to Liya the other day at her single release party, course she said yess!!

vancitykat
04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Uhuh. Beard IS dope!

Yo guess what man? I just hit up dasouth today one of the biggest christian hip hop sites on the net, and on the front page, they got a small article on Shad and a vid of a freestyle that I have never seen. Its good to see even though Shad has never marketed himself as a christian rapper that people able to recognize his faith and that he welcomed. Liya another artist under Promise is also featured on Dasouth's front page too! Man I really wanna see the Canadian christian hip hop scene especially gospel rap.
http://dasouth.com/news/24-news/1062-shad-spits-6-minutes-straight-dopeness

EDIT: Apparantly Promise proposed to Liya the other day at her single release party, course she said yess!!

Yeah that Shad vid has been floating around for a minute, it's a crazy display of lyricism but it's not a freestyle.

I've never heard of Liya but that's cool they're engaged.