PDA

View Full Version : My Dad

The_Expositor
03-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey Everyone,

A while ago, I asked for prayer concerning my father. My father isnít a believer, but thinks he is. Well, Iím still asking for prayer for his salvation, but my mother informed me this morning that his doctors believe he has prostate cancer. Please pray for my dad, and us too, as this has been a very sharp blow to me. The thought of my dad dying in his sin literally brings me to tears. Please pray that perhaps the Lord would be pleased to use this situation to bring my dad to Him.

Love you all.

Hvnbnd
03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I'll intercede with you bro.

Rikki
03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Praying for you and your dad, Mike.

thankfull
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
praying...

shekinahsmoke
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
got you

illuminaticx
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Everyone,

A while ago, I asked for prayer concerning my father. My father isnít a believer, but thinks he is. Well, Iím still asking for prayer for his salvation, but my mother informed me this morning that his doctors believe he has prostate cancer. Please pray for my dad, and us too, as this has been a very sharp blow to me. The thought of my dad dying in his sin literally brings me to tears. Please pray that perhaps the Lord would be pleased to use this situation to bring my dad to Him.

Love you all.

I can relate brO. My dad is going today to get checked to see if he has prostate cancer and he's in the same boat as your dad, in regards to his belief, so I will keep you lifted.

J =]

mgz
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
praying

djHeir
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
praying

savedbygracealone
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey Everyone,

Love you all.

hey mike,

i know exactly how you feel. that is exactly how i felt when i found out that my mom had prostate cancer. i am praying for healing, and most of all for his salvation. i am also praying for you to stand firm on the rock during this trying time!

love ya bro!

str8wisdom
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Praying fam!

smoke
03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
i feel for you bro. i'll be prayin for your dad's salvation.

The_Expositor
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
hey mike,

i know exactly how you feel. that is exactly how i felt when i found out that my mom had prostate cancer. i am praying for healing, and most of all for his salvation. i am also praying for you to stand firm on the rock during this trying time!

love ya bro!

Thanks, sis. I don't think you meant to say your mom had prostate cancer, though. What kind of cancer did your mom have?

BlackCalvinist
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Mike, please forgive me for laughing at your sentence above to Jolene.

I'm praying for your dad. Pray for mine too. Same boat.....probably with one less oar.

savedbygracealone
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks, sis. I don't think you meant to say your mom had prostate cancer, though. What kind of cancer did your mom have?

oops you are right, i meant she had colon cancer! :embarrassed:

The_Expositor
03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
My dad went to the VA today for an appointment. The doctor said his PSA count is the lowest it's ever been, just a little over 6 and that there doesnt' appear to be any enlargement of the prostate. So, no cancer! I'm so very thankful to the Lord for this great news!

Thanks to all for your encouragement and prayers. Please continue to pray for his salvation which is most important to me.

str8wisdom
03-19-2009, 02:57 PM
This is good news! I will continue to pray. Has this situation brought your dad to any questions concerning Jesus? -- Praying for that as well!

The_Expositor
03-19-2009, 03:11 PM
This is good news! I will continue to pray. Has this situation brought your dad to any questions concerning Jesus? -- Praying for that as well!

No, unfortunately. He thinks he knows Him already.

thankfull
03-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Praise the Lord!

eternal
03-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Praise God for the good reports. However, the greater healing has yet to be had. Praying for his salvation...

Some encouragement...My father grew up in a very abusive family in many ways. His father was a life long athiest/agnostic and very critical of Christianity, and my fathers commitment to it. My fathers whole family is split apart. Hardly anyone talks with anyone else, and my father was estranged from my Grandfather for years and years.

However, upon getting word that my Grandfather had terminal cancer, my dad flew up to see him in the hospital. He was very surprised to see my dad. They reconnected, cried for forgiveness, and my Dad was able to share the gospel with him...and my grandfather wept more and received Christ with my dad leading him in to the way.

It was amazing to hear my father tell the story. He visited him a couple more times before his passing, and continued to report such a great change in him.

My encouragement is that the fragileness of life often demonstrates the humility of life. The futility of seeing ourselves as our own god. I know your dad seems to think he already knows God, and I trust your report that he does not. But I have found that in mans ultimate weakness, we discover just how weak we are. Not always, but it does happen. And this is a prime opportunity for the truth of Christ to replace the false sense of self assurance.

I will be praying for your family.

albraggs
03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Praise God on the news of no prostate cancer. Will pray for his salvation