PDA

View Full Version : Am about to break down

jaysmoke
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi,
I am really really confused right now? I used to be soooo deeply rooted in God. I mean I had a really cool relationship with God and all. He spoke to me when I needed to hear from Him. I always relied on Him and I always knew what to do when faced with trouble but things are not going well for me these few days. I recently broke up with my girl (I love her so much but I did some terrible things and I threw us away) ever since I have regretted it and I have even apologized several times but she says she needs time to heal, but I feel she's moved on and I just want to be able to move on.

Cause of this, my spiritual life is dead. I feel very empty. I don't hear God anymore, I feel like He has left me and I have lost total focus. Everything that I feel God has placed in my heart to do is all flopping. And I am feeling as if maybe I wasn't called to do those things anyways...The things I used to love and stood for are no more. I am trying to get back on my feet and carry on but my mind keeps going back to her and I am losing everything.

I have lost my passion and zeal for the works of the Kingdom. I don't see the point anymore. My focus has shifted BIG TIME to her and how to get her back...but I want GOD to be my first love. I want that close relationship back. I pray, read the Bible, goto Church, Listen to CHH and R&P and still I feel empty.

I NEED HELP!

CHEMAelMC
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi,
I am really really confused right now? I used to be soooo deeply rooted in God. I mean I had a really cool relationship with God and all. He spoke to me when I needed to hear from Him. I always relied on Him and I always knew what to do when faced with trouble but things are not going well for me these few days. I recently broke up with my girl (I love her so much but I did some terrible things and I threw us away) ever since I have regretted it and I have even apologized several times but she says she needs time to heal, but I feel she's moved on and I just want to be able to move on.

Cause of this, my spiritual life is dead. I feel very empty. I don't hear God anymore, I feel like He has left me and I have lost total focus. Everything that I feel God has placed in my heart to do is all flopping. And I am feeling as if maybe I wasn't called to do those things anyways...The things I used to love and stood for are no more. I am trying to get back on my feet and carry on but my mind keeps going back to her and I am losing everything.

I have lost my passion and zeal for the works of the Kingdom. I don't see the point anymore. My focus has shifted BIG TIME to her and how to get her back...but I want GOD to be my first love. I want that close relationship back. I pray, read the Bible, goto Church, Listen to CHH and R&P and still I feel empty.

I NEED HELP!

What up, bro.. God bless you...

From the info you just gave, in seems you are going thru a depression... I been thru it, so I know how it works... your mind is like a broken record, repeating the same thing(s) over and over again (mine used to say "you worth nothing, you are useless").. the difference is I went thru it while I was not saved.. matter of fact, because of that depression I became atheist...
And to tell you the truth, it also seems as if you idolized this girl... (but that's just my opinion from what I read from your post)... and maybe that's why the Lord allowed things to happen... like you said, you gotta love GOD first, and then everything else (remember the great Commandment)... I used to idolize things as well (girls I used to like, my car, etc.) and everything I idolized (that is, that which I thought I felt happy with), now I know it was the Lord, He took them away from me... just like that... like I told you, back then I wasn't saved...

What you said right here reminds of Peter, when he told the Lord to make him walk on the water, while he had his eyes on Christ, everything was fine.. but as soon as he started to pay more attention to the wind, the storm, etc. he started to sink...

So just keep praying and praying and praying, read the Word of God... get even deeper than before.... remember, the Lord makes us go thru hard times, in order to sharpen us...

So just be strengthen in the Lord, bro...

I hope this helps...

God bless you

Azriel
02-27-2009, 08:12 PM
praying for you fam...

albraggs
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I will pray for you. I know how you feel also. But I encourge you to be strong and talk to God. It is not easy after you open your heart to someone to let them go at first but it will be okay. I thought I would die if I had to let someone I thought I loved go, but it was okay and I am still alive. I know many times my thoughts were on this guy, but I prayed and ask HIM to help me. It was a long process of letting this guy go but I did. I could not do it by myself. This walk is not easy and I don't think Jesus every said it would be. God loves you and with you.

savedbygracealone
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
i am praying for you as well!

mgz
02-27-2009, 10:59 PM
praying for you

montenell
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
got you. He hasnt left you and He never will, i've been in the place you are in so many times where i was ready to chunk my faith and immerse myself in whatever was occupying my mind, just continue to press thru continue to read, pray and keep edifying entertainment (music tv) infront of you. also keep yourself around some solid believers. as far as the girl she will need time to heal, i dont know how long it will take but it will take time, just keep her lifted as you keep yourself lifted

Matter of fact i been thru all of this if you need someone to talk to you can hit me at 205-837-4337

chozzen
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
ur in my prayers

shekinahsmoke
02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
got u.

phil
03-02-2009, 08:51 AM
yo fam, i think many of us have gone through that

shai linne details an almost identical experience in his song "dark night of the soul" on the album "the solus christus project"

here is the biggest things god used to break thru to me & reassure me i am loved even in the midsts of the storm... heb 11 "God disciplines his sons"

illuminaticx
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm going through a similar situation with a break-up just recently (we believed we were going to get married) and it's tough fam. I will certainly keep you lifted because it's during these times when we are vulnerable but God is faithful. Don't give up. God is doing a lot of shifting and removing the idols in your life. Hebrews talks about God's discipline and his unconditional love towards us. I believe that's what you’re going through. I know the feeling of discouragement and despair but stand on the word. That's all you have to hold on to right now, the promises of God. Don't give up. I will be praying for you!! PM me your number and we can talk over the phone.

J =]

CLER
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
praying for you fam.