PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooooo

B Blessed
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Tre9 has a new album coming out........

http://www.rapzilla.com/rz/content/view/1303/1/

and I'm like cool that's what's up. And then I read the guest list inlcudes Lil Keke and Big Pokey, and I'm like ain't them secular dudes? So like how do ya'll feel about the church and world callabos on tracks? Just questions.

Sketch the Journalist
02-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Depends on the content. This particular song, "Suburbs Remix," is cool because it's just about dudes being real and saying they want to get out of the ghetto (or already are) and live in the suburbs.

Tre met both of those guys when he was running the Studio in the Heights. He got to really build with Keke who later came to the Texas Holy Hip Hop Achievement Awards and was part of a panel discussion with Vic, Mark J and others that discussed their faith and role in being honest in their music.

"The Farmer" is definitely Tre's best work to date.

Sketch

Stromer
02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Theres nothing wrong with collabing with "secular" cats. Dudes are waay to sensitive to that sorta thing these days.

- Do Christians watch "secular" TV?
- Do Christians go to "secular" movies?
- Do Christians always have their head in the bible?

The answers to these are pretty easy to answer.
- With that said, if a Christian does a collabo with a secular dude, why are most Christians so quick to hate on the Christian rapper?? If he's doing it to gain fame thats one thing, but there are plenty off Godly cats out there who bring secular cats onto their album and its not ruining their ministry or anything.