PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the economic collapse....

thankfull
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
coming? :wideeyed:

check it out... Voddie's Blog (http://www.voddiebaucham.org/vbm/Blog/Entries/2009/2/7_Did_Anyone_See_This_Collapse_Coming_Yup!.html)

smoke
02-09-2009, 08:01 PM
that was pretty crazy to watch. i def. need to get the few debts that i have paid off.

Moody
02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
The stage is being set for a one world currency.

B Blessed
02-09-2009, 08:15 PM
My pastor has been declaring it for a little over a year now. And yes we as believers have got to get out and stay out of debt.

Proverbs 22:7
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

savedbygracealone
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
:swoon: man, tony's been saying the same thing he was saying in that second video for a MINUTE! t stone on the economy! hehe

Moody
02-09-2009, 09:35 PM
My pastor has been declaring it for a little over a year now. And yes we as believers have got to get out and stay out of debt.

Proverbs 22:7
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

My Pastor has been saying something similar for over a year now too. In fact, our church has been making moves to get out of debt as well. He wants all of us (church included) debt free by sometime in 2010. I've been checking out Dave Ramsey on Fox Business too. Good advice on that show. (I believe he is born-again as well.)

Oh, back to my pastor... he did a message on "The Raven, The Widow, and a Famine". Man, it was on point. I wish I knew how to direct you to a video podcast on iTunes.

iron_jae
02-10-2009, 01:20 AM
anyone who has worked in the mortgage industry saw this coming...

JARZJR
02-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Dang, even Ben Stein got it wrong...

B Blessed
02-10-2009, 09:05 AM
My Pastor has been saying something similar for over a year now too. In fact, our church has been making moves to get out of debt as well. He wants all of us (church included) debt free by sometime in 2010. I've been checking out Dave Ramsey on Fox Business too. Good advice on that show. (I believe he is born-again as well.)

Oh, back to my pastor... he did a message on "The Raven, The Widow, and a Famine". Man, it was on point. I wish I knew how to direct you to a video podcast on iTunes.

Dave Ramsey is the MAN! What he teaches is real talk and he is a devout christian.

Wes Pendleton
02-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Literally two years ago, like to the day, my Pastor admonished our congregation to start putting some money away. He didn't say specifically what was going to happen, because he didn't know, but he knew that what he was hearing was from the LORD. And literally like 2 months after he said so, we saw the first signs of some things not being quite right.

Moody
02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Literally two years ago, like to the day, my Pastor admonished our congregation to start putting some money away. He didn't say specifically what was going to happen, because he didn't know, but he knew that what he was hearing was from the LORD. And literally like 2 months after he said so, we saw the first signs of some things not being quite right.

We need to take heed. Same here. I said it was a year ago, but it was actually closer than 2 years at my church that we've been hearing this. Something is going on and the Spirit of God is speaking. There are 3 people on this thread alone, going to 3 different churches, hearing the same thing. That's awesome.

Personally, I think the financial system will collapse further and we will see a new currency be introduced, for a one-world economy.

eternal
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
anyone who has worked in the mortgage industry saw this coming...

lol, that was the problem!

king neb
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
so if three people come here from three different churches and tell us that Jesus is not God, does that make it so?

Nope. Nor do i see that as reason to think the "Spirit of God is speaking", as though we had some special insight into something mysterious.

Ron Paul has been pointing this stuff out for 20+ years. He's a "Christian", but he doesn't chalk it up to "prophecy" or "voices". It's basic economic principles.

You can watch a youtube video of him from 15 years ago and if you didn't know any better, you would think it was filmed yesterday.

Housing bubble; the problems of a printed currency; and so on. Not hard to "predict". And it certainly isn't anything special to have "seen" this coming a year or two ago...it didn't begin then...we were already in it.

Don't mean to bust some of y'alls bubble (pun intended), but this isn't rocket science. This is basic stuff we all should be familiar with, if only we would spend more time talking about it instead of the color of the president's skin and speculating on who the antichrist is.

Brinson
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
The stage is being set for a one world currency.

That's what i been telling kats

Moody
02-10-2009, 11:44 AM
so if three people come here from three different churches and tell us that Jesus is not God, does that make it so?

Nope. Nor do i see that as reason to think the "Spirit of God is speaking", as though we had some special insight into something mysterious.

We aren't talking about people saying that "Jesus is not God". We are talking about people saying that their church is admonishing them to get out of debt so that they can be of greater service to the Kingdom of God. Is that "man" or God?

Ron Paul has been pointing this stuff out for 20+ years. He's a "Christian", but he doesn't chalk it up to "prophecy" or "voices". It's basic economic principles.

You can watch a youtube video of him from 15 years ago and if you didn't know any better, you would think it was filmed yesterday.

Wisdom comes from God. Are you suggesting that Ron Paul figured this out on his own? I don't think so.

Housing bubble; the problems of a printed currency; and so on. Not hard to "predict". And it certainly isn't anything special to have "seen" this coming a year or two ago...it didn't begin then...we were already in it.

Simple economics. Of course. That doesn't take away from the fact that God is instructing folks to be free from debt. There is even Scripture to support that truth. Do I need to post it?

Don't mean to bust some of y'alls bubble (pun intended), but this isn't rocket science. This is basic stuff we all should be familiar with, if only we would spend more time talking about it instead of the color of the president's skin and speculating on who the antichrist is.

This has nothing to do with Obama, or skin color. And you act as if you rest in knowledge that you have gained through the world's methodologies. I can post scripture about that too.

Moody
02-10-2009, 11:49 AM
or hearing a special revelation from the Lord thur the profit or profitess. :no:
Heh, don't put that on me or my church. The litmus test is simple. Anything "spoken" that does not bring glory to God or Christ is not of him. It isn't hard. Don't let your skeptism or unbelief cause a problem. Nobody is talking about any mumbo-jumbo. It is wisdom and discernment being exercised, which comes from God.

Jason718
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM

you should probably add killjoy to the list.

Lynaz24
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Yea, financial collapse has been on the horizen for years..

Moody
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Yea, financial collapse has been on the horizen for years..

It is all like a game of chess.

Wes Pendleton
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM

I hear what you're saying Neb, but IMO I don't think anyone was speaking "hocus pocus" or "mystery". I would think that you know Moody and me well enough to know we don't fall prey to that mess. Was just simply saying that our pastors admonished us a little more than usual to put away money, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone isn't as hip to current events and the financial market etc, which is why it's great that we have pastors and mentors to help the "less knowledgable" to see certain things. Sheesh.

eternal
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
You have to remember, some of our members here deny that any revelation continues to be shared beyond scripture. Meaning, no prophecy. No visions. No nothing of that sort. So if a pastor were to claim that God had shown them something, it would be labeled as "hocus pocus" no matter what.

So don't be ashamed or backtrack. If God has revealed this to His people, praise HIM! Just remember some of our bretheren, are under a different theological/exegetical conviction.

Wes Pendleton
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
So don't be ashamed or backtrack. If God has revealed this to His people, praise HIM! Just remember some of our bretheren, are under a different theological/exegetical conviction.

That's real rap. It's just annoying that folk seem to think somebody's trying to be "deep", when it's really not that serious LOL. Didn't mean to somewhat high jack your thread Kia sorry : )

maskilz
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Heh, don't put that on me or my church. The litmus test is simple. Anything "spoken" that does not bring glory to God or Christ is not of him. It isn't hard. Don't let your skeptism or unbelief cause a problem. Nobody is talking about any mumbo-jumbo. It is wisdom and discernment being exercised, which comes from God.

Huh? :huh:

Right after I posted my comment, I deleted quickly hoping no one would comment on it because I didn't see the need for it in here but since you did....

I'm not knocking nor accusing you or the church you attend of whatever, my fellow HCR member. I really don't know anything about you or your church to make such accusations, my friend. I was just simply saying some people depend on their pastor special anointing or on morden revelators (profits) rather then the word of God. Instead of asking God to illuminate the prophetic scripture to them...some, if not the majority, would rather listen to profits or profitess say "Thus saidth the Lord."

And scripture also support what I'm saying...I believe you know how it starts "In the last days..."

:wubclub:

Wes Pendleton
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Can I ask a question? Do we not pray to God for guidance? And if we do, how does He answer you when you ask him for guidance in say....getting a job? Or buying a car? Or who should I marry (and I don't wanna hear Proverbs 31, because there are plenty of them who weren't supposed to be my wife)? Should I buy this house? Should I go to Africa? Yes God does speak through His word, we all know that. But how do you line up scripture with "who should I marry"? Would love to hear some explainations thank you.

Moody
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Huh? :huh:

Right after I posted my comment, I deleted quickly hoping no one would comment on it because I didn't see the need for it in here but since you did....

I'm not knocking nor accusing you or the church you attend of whatever, my fellow HCR member. I really don't know anything about you or your church to make such accusations, my friend. I was just simply saying some people depend on their pastor special anointing or on morden revelators (profits) rather then the word of God. Instead of asking God to illuminate the prophetic scripture to them...some, if not the majority, would rather listen to profits or profitess say "Thus saidth the Lord."

And scripture also support what I'm saying...I believe you know how it starts "In the last days..."

:wubclub:

My bad... I improperly attributed some stuff to you, probably because your post was after Teddy P and I started talking about what we heard in our churches. Silly me for making that association! :)

maskilz
02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Can I ask a question? Do we not pray to God for guidance? And if we do, how does He answer you when you ask him for guidance in say....getting a job? Or buying a car? Or who should I marry (and I don't wanna hear Proverbs 31, because there are plenty of them who weren't supposed to be my wife)? Should I buy this house? Should I go to Africa? Yes God does speak through His word, we all know that. But how do you line up scripture with "who should I marry"? Would love to hear some explainations thank you.

Hmmmmmm....

Jesus the Christ commands us to "...take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Therefore, God has our back..."And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."-Romans 8:28

So all we have to do is..."In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths."- Proverbs 3:6

So praying and reading God's word is key...."Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,nor stands in the way of sinners,nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers."

So having that in mind, here is what God told us to do concerning this things below:

Job
Proverbs 28:19 Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread,but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty.

Proverbs 6:10-11 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Car or House
Exodus 20:17 "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's."

Proverbs 22:7 The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Ecclesiastes 5:5 It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
Proverbs 17: 18 One who lacks sense gives a pledge and puts up security in the presence of his neighbor.
(No cosigning)

Marriage
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For(B) what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or(C) what fellowship has light with darkness?

Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

maskilz
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Short and simple
I heard a pastor put it like this...

paraphrasing:
God is like a Grandmother who bakes three different type of Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29: oakmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chip Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29. She tells us to choose...the grandmother is not saying to herself in her mind, "he/she better choose the oakmeal cookie I baked."

Don't remember the rest but I think what he was trying to say is God is not in heaven with a hidden plan saying he better be a pastor or she better be a nurse...just like a child follow his/her nose to his/her favorite cookie...likewise the child of God response to his/her calling that God has set before the foundation of the earth.

I don't know if i'm making any sense to ya :huh:...am I?

Wes Pendleton
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't know if i'm making any sense to ya :huh:...am I?

No offense, but you are kinda all over the place. Like your scriptures about lending and stuff... you lost me. Cuz I can buy a car and house outright,and I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about coveting. And as far as the cookie thing, I have a lot of favorite things, doesn't mean that it's for me. Thanks.

Lynaz24
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
God gives revelation and insight of his word...That's why you can read the same Psalms 10 times and get something different out of it everyday..

maskilz
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
No offense, but you are kinda all over the place.

None taken :cute: I was never really good at articulating my thoughts. Sorry, bare with me.

Like your scriptures about lending and stuff... you lost me. Cuz I can buy a car and house outright,and I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about coveting.

Basically what I was trying to get at...God commanded us what to do...it is we, the sheep, who are making things complex. For example, who to marry...What's the point of praying, "Lord, she/he is not godly but I'm in love. Is it your will? Give a sign." :huh: Hello? Does do not be unequally yoke, ring a bell?

Understand?

God told us not to want what others have and be content with what He has given to us. Therefore, if we are content with what we have, we won't get into debt or cosigning with others trying to keep up with the Jones or trying to please both others and our fleshly desires.

Concerning Jobs, If you don't work, you don't eat and so on...

So....what's the point of asking God to hear from Him audibly or thur visions when he told us what to do in His word already? :wacko:

When we, as christian, are in his word daily, the holy spirit communicates God's truth to us.

And as far as the cookie thing, I have a lot of favorite things, doesn't mean that it's for me. Thanks.

ok? What do you mean?

maskilz
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
God gives revelation and insight of his word...That's why you can read the same Psalms 10 times and get something different out of it everyday..

illumination sound better than revelation because God is not revealing anything new in His word...but, as you said, He gives insight to His truths, the scriptures. :wubclub:

naijagirl
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
All I can say is this. There is an adage that says, "Villages rise and fall." It happens, even to the richest country in the world. Yes, it hurts and I feel the pinch, but who didn't see this coming? I'm no financial expert like Ron Paul and I don't hear God's voice, but I knew that the economy would fall one day. No, my 14 year old self might not tell you when it will happen or how...just that it will.

Moody
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
illumination sound better than revelation because God is not revealing anything new in His word...but, as you said, He is giving you insight to His truths, the scriptures. :wubclub:

Are you saying that God has already revealed everything that is to be revealed????

WhyMe
02-11-2009, 08:53 PM
What verses from the Bible teaches that there will be a one world currency? I don't remember which verses were used, can anybody help with that?

I don't know how a one world currency is even possibly close considering the value of every country's money is very different. 1 US Dollar = 37,456,777 Zimbabwe Dollars

maskilz
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Are you saying that God has already revealed everything that is to be revealed????

In His word, the Holy Bible, :yes:

JARZJR
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Christians be making stuff complicated... Do we not know that our God is sovereign and that all that He decrees will most surely happen? Whom ever I marry is the EXACT person God purposed for me to marry before He created the world. Even if it doesnt seem to me like I made a good decision. The job of the christian is to study the Word and through the power of the Holy Spirit apply it to our lives. If we apply it we will pray and we will seek godly counsel in such things as marriage. Like maskils said, God is not up in heaven with a secret plan for our lives that we can mess up if we dont make the right decisions... He plans our lives from beginning to end so we shouldn't worry... Our job is to be conformed day by day into the image of Jesus Christ. Cuz after all His will for us is "our sanctification". And as we are being sanctified our wills and desires are being conformed to those of Christ. And when we go to make decisions such as who to marry, we'll make godly, biblical choices... And God's will will be done because everything we do was already predetermined :smile: It's great to be in Christ, isnt it...

PS. If it was possible to "marry the wrong person" in the sense of marrying someone who God had no intentions for you to marry, then what happens if you have kids? Where those kids never supposed to have been born? It gets rediculous...

Wes Pendleton
02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
None taken :cute: I was never really good at articulating my thoughts. Sorry, bare with me.

Basically what I was trying to get at...God commanded us what to do...it is we, the sheep, who are making things complex. For example, who to marry...What's the point of praying, "Lord, she/he is not godly but I'm in love. Is it your will?" :huh: Hello? Does don't not be unequally yoke, ring a bell?

Understand?

God told us not to want what others have and be content with what He has given to us. Therefore, if we are content with what we have, we won't get into debt or cosigning with others trying to keep up with the Jones or trying to please both others and our fleshly desires.

Concerning Jobs, If you don't work, you don't eat and so on...

What's the point of asking God to hear from Him when he told us in His word already? :wacko:

When we, as christian, are in his word daily, the holy spirit communicates God's truth to us.

No worries fam! :smile:

For the marriage thing - Like I said, we are talking about Proverbs 31 women. BUT....every good women (and we are talking God fearing women) is not meant for me. Being unequally yoked is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about I've been courting a young lady, who is all the things I want spiritually and naturally, but may not be the one for me.

Being content is a great thing. But I'm not worried about what everyone else is doing, nor am I trying to lease a car or have a mortgage, kinda don't know why you keep bringing that up LOL. Like I stated before...what if I am buying a car/house CASH? Do I not need a place to stay? Am I to be content living in my Mom's basement all my life...never LOL.

Next, same thing as far as the job situation. If I am presented many job opportunities, how am I to know which one is the one I am to take? Don't know why you brought up the no work/no food scripture.

You make some very good points, but you're still not really answering my question directly (and from the looks of some of your answers, didn't read some of the original posts clearly).

No one has stated anything about special revelation. No one said anything about visions or dreams, nor was it implied. Someone saw "God speaking" and ran 500 miles with it. As a pastor/minister, does God not speak biblical truths through the speaker, deriving from a studied text? If what this preacher is saying lines up with scripture, is it not God speaking directly through His word first, then through the speaker to us? We had 3 pastors exhort their congregations to not be frivilous in spending and save some money, all around the same time. And what these pastors have said IS INDEED a biblical truth concerning our self control in our daily lives. Is that a coincidence seeing what has happened over the last year? I think not. Please people, stop reading into what folks are saying. Thank you.

eternal
02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
The job of the christian is to study the Word and through the power of the Holy Spirit apply it to our lives. .

Amen! That is the FIRST HALF of Deut. 13:4. Notice the second half...

Deuteronomy 13:4 "You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him.

We are likewise instructed...

Jer 11: 4 which I commanded your forefathers in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, `Listen to My voice, and do according to all which I command you; so you shall be My people, and I will be your God,' 5 in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day.""' Then I said, "Amen, O LORD." 6 And the LORD said to me, "Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, `Hear the words of this covenant and do them. 7 `For I solemnly warned your fathers in the day that I brought them up from the land of Egypt, even to this day, warning persistently, saying, "Listen to My voice."

Again, the oft coupling of following the commandments of God, as well as listening to the voice of God.

We know how Jesus characterized this in John 10...

point being, we have to remember that we are repeatedly told to heed God's Word in scripture, but also to have a personal ongoing relationship with God where we are dependent on and knowledgeable of His voice.

Moody
02-11-2009, 09:30 PM
In His word, the Holy Bible, :yes:

Okay...let me rephrase it. Has all that is mentioned in the Bible been revealed and made known to men? :)

Moody
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
PS. If it was possible to "marry the wrong person" in the sense of marrying someone who God had no intentions for you to marry, then what happens if you have kids? Where those kids never supposed to have been born? It gets rediculous...

Let's see... Adam and Steve go to Mass. and get married. Now what? (but, but, but...)

It isn't as complicated as some make it out to be, and it isn't so trivial either. I agree, if you are in Christ and if you seek Him, you will be okay. That isn't to say though that people won't get it wrong, because they do get it wrong. You make it sound as if a Christian can't make a bad decision?

What about Christians who are disobedient and make decisions that God did not intend?

What about those who forfeited their inheritance for something else?

It happens in the Kingdom. Otherwise, all of us will have a crown to place at His feet when we are dead and gone.

Wes Pendleton
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Christians be making stuff complicated... Do we not know that our God is sovereign and that all that He decrees will most surely happen? Whom ever I marry is the EXACT person God purposed for me to marry before He created the world. Even if it doesnt seem to me like I made a good decision. The job of the christian is to study the Word and through the power of the Holy Spirit apply it to our lives. If we apply it we will pray and we will seek godly counsel in such things as marriage. Like maskils said, God is not up in heaven with a secret plan for our lives that we can mess up if we dont make the right decisions... He plans our lives from beginning to end so we shouldn't worry... Our job is to be conformed day by day into the image of Jesus Christ. Cuz after all His will for us is "our sanctification". And as we are being sanctified our wills and desires are being conformed to those of Christ. And when we go to make decisions such as who to marry, we'll make godly, biblical choices... And God's will will be done because everything we do was already predetermined :smile: It's great to be in Christ, isnt it...

JARZJR........everything you have said is 100% correct. And the funny thing is, you are saying exactly what I mean. In prayer, what am I asking? That His will be done, right? You and I are saying the exact same thing (although you misunderstood what I was saying concerning the marriage thing, all good though :smile:). He WILL lead us and guide us BUT, we are still to pray for His guidance. Thanks Junior.

Moody
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
No one has stated anything about special revelation. No one said anything about visions or dreams, nor was it implied. Someone saw "God speaking" and ran 500 miles with it. As a pastor/minister, does God not speak biblical truths through the speaker, deriving from a studied text? If what this preacher is saying lines up with scripture, is it not God speaking directly through His word first, then through the speaker to us? We had 3 pastors exhort their congregations to not be frivilous in spending and save some money, all around the same time. And what these pastors have said IS INDEED a biblical truth concerning our self control in our daily lives. Is that a coincidence seeing what has happened over the last year? I think not. Please people, stop reading into what folks are saying. Thank you.

Thank You!!!

maskilz
02-11-2009, 10:58 PM
For the marriage thing - Like I said, we are talking about Proverbs 31 women. BUT....every good women (and we are talking God fearing women) is not meant for me.

Correct! JARZJA, shall I say, broke it down in his post beautifully.

Being unequally yoked is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about I've been courting a young lady, who is all the things I want spiritually and naturally, but may not be the one for me.

:huh: I understand. As JarzJR explained, God knows who's our mate and God will bring the person into our life. If you're in tune with God, I don't think God will give you someone else spouses? God orders the steps of the righteous.

Being content is a great thing. But I'm not worried about what everyone else is doing, nor am I trying to lease a car or have a mortgage, kinda don't know why you keep bringing that up LOL.

My bad, I wasn't making it personal...I was speaking in general why some Christians are in debt or not in right standing with God.

Like I stated before...what if I am buying a car/house CASH? Do I not need a place to stay? Am I to be content living in my Mom's basement all my life...never LOL.

:huh:

Wisdom follow those who fear the Lord. If you cannot afford a car and a house, then wisdom will tell you don't buy untill you can. The bible tells us to thank the Lord for everything and be content so thank God that you're in a basement and not in the streets. However, if you want to be marry, have kids, and your own place...of course you won't stay in your mother's basement.

Next, same thing as far as the job situation. If I am presented many job opportunities, how am I to know which one is the one I am to take? Don't know why you brought up the no work/no food scripture.

The reason I brought up the no work/ no food because God told us to go work (that's if you're not called for other things). Therefore, if you're presented with many jobs, pray about it, start asking for interveiws, and allow wisdom to help you select.

You make some very good points, but you're still not really answering my question directly (and from the looks of some of your answers, didn't read some of the original posts clearly).

Hmmmm...I'll re-read then!!!

No one has stated anything about special revelation. No one said anything about visions or dreams, nor was it implied. Someone saw "God speaking" and ran 500 miles with it.

I started with it...I stated it in my early post but delete and moody, shall I say, called me out on it. But everything is cool now between us. I hope :)

As a pastor/minister, does God not speak biblical truths through the speaker, deriving from a studied text? If what this preacher is saying lines up with scripture, is it not God speaking directly through His word first, then through the speaker to us?

If the pastor/minister articulate God's truths derived from the unadulterated word of God then :yes: God is speaking through His words to the saints.

JARZJR
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Let's see... Adam and Steve go to Mass. and get married. Now what? (but, but, but...)

It isn't as complicated as some make it out to be, and it isn't so trivial either. I agree, if you are in Christ and if you seek Him, you will be okay. That isn't to say though that people won't get it wrong, because they do get it wrong. You make it sound as if a Christian can't make a bad decision?

What about Christians who are disobedient and make decisions that God did not intend?

What about those who forfeited their inheritance for something else?

It happens in the Kingdom. Otherwise, all of us will have a crown to place at His feet when we are dead and gone.

Well, If God is sovereign over all human decisions, (and He is :smile:) then he fully intended for Adam and Steve to pretend to get "married"... and if they don't repent and trust the Savior they will be judged for their actions... Just because what they did is sin doesnt mean that we get around God's sovereignty or His justice in punishing those who don't abide by His scriptures. However, in regards to CHRISTIANS we will abide by His words. As stated earlier, if one wants to make a godly decision one should follow biblical principles (ie. don't marry another dude) seek godly counsel, and in light of these things make the decision that you want to make :smile: If it turns out the way you hoped, PRAISE GOD. If it turns out that the woman isnt even saved and that she was decieving you the whole time, PRAISE GOD. God was still sovereign. He planned this situation for your betterment. For your Spiritual development perhaps even for the salvation of her soul... But odds are if you obey the precepts of the Word that won't happen to you. But God does make some exceptions, ie. Job, Hosea, Joseph, etc.

maskilz
02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Okay...let me rephrase it. Has all that is mentioned in the Bible been revealed and made known to men? :)

When we read the scriptures, we are not to ask God to give a revelation (meaning to give new info), but we are to ask God to illuminate (to give insight) His truths. God, in His grace and sovereignty, has revealed to men everything He saw fit for man to know.

Understand?

maskilz
02-11-2009, 11:49 PM
He WILL lead us and guide us BUT, we are still to pray for His guidance. Thanks Junior.

That's what I meant as well...

Sorry if it sounded like I was saying don't pray for guidance...just do it...lol