PDA

View Full Version : I need prayers please

LeethalOne
02-03-2009, 11:01 PM
This is something that I have been dealing with for the past couple of years. For those that that don't know me, I am a single father of a 9 year old girl. I was married for 8 years. And my wife passed away in 2007 from metastatic breast cancer. Since then I honestly have to say that I have been having a hard time with the not having companionship. I know that there is a reason that God has chosen to have me alone at this time. But I need prayer to accept this in my life. I realize now that when I was trying to be in a relationship I was making that person too important in my life. More than God and my daughter and that can be a terrible thing to do. I have neglected my responsibility as minister of Christ and as a father. I am completely in repetentance for this. I have hurt people and been hurt in the process and I have given in to the flesh on numerous occasions. Please pray for the healing of my heart as well I am still hurting. I feel that I have never been so weak before in my life. I am not saying this to brag about what I have done and I pray that I am not being judged by anyone because I seriously do not want to continue forward in the path that I have been going. I know God has something big in store for me and it is up to me to follow His lead. Please pray for me that I may be more obedient and I too will pray. I need to hear His voice now more than ever as I am lost and I am not in His will as I should be. also please pray that I can be the father that my daughter needs that too in itself has been hard for me because a lot of the time when I try to give her that attention I get sad thinking of my wife not being there with me as I raise her or my daughter will ask me why did mommy have to die so young. And I know that I haven't been giving her the attention she needs also. Thank you all in advance for your prayers.

JARZJR
02-03-2009, 11:03 PM
This is something that I have been dealing with for the past couple of years. For those that that don't know me, I am a single father of a 9 year old girl. I was married for 8 years. And my wife passed away in 2007 from metastatic breast cancer. Since then I honestly have to say that I have been having a hard time with the not having companionship. I know that there is a reason that God has chosen to have me alone at this time. But I need prayer to accept this in my life. I realize now that when I was trying to be in a relationship I was making that person too important in my life. More than God and my daughter and that can be a terrible thing to do. I have neglected my responsibility as minister of Christ and as a father. I am completely in repetentance for this. I have hurt people and been hurt in the process and I have given in to the flesh on numerous occasions. Please pray for the healing of my heart as well I am still hurting. I feel that I have never been so weak before in my life. I am not saying this to brag about what I have done and I pray that I am not being judged by anyone because I seriously do not want to continue forward in the path that I have been going. I know God has something big in store for me and it is up to me to follow His lead. Please pray for me that I may be more obedient and I too will pray. I need to hear His voice now more than ever as I am lost and I am not in His will as I should be. also please pray that I can be the father that my daughter needs that too in itself has been hard for me because a lot of the time when I try to give her that attention I get sad thinking of my wife not being there with me as I raise her or my daughter will ask me why did mommy have to die so young. And I know that I haven't been giving her the attention she needs also. Thank you all in advance for your prayers.

We got you, sir...

LeethalOne
02-03-2009, 11:10 PM
We got you, sir...

Thanks fam!

iron_jae
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
I got you fam. It is really awesome of you to be transparent. Sometimes it is difficult to admit when you are wrong. I will lift you up in prayer.

Oppose3
02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
bro. my heart and prayers go out to you.

BlackCalvinist
02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
May the Lord strengthen and keep you and cause you to walk in His ways in regard to relationships. May His desires become the delight of your heart and fill the areas which you feel empty in. May He cause you to walk rightly before your daughter and before the watching eyes of the world.

eve
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
no doubt, arthur.

* have you gotten grief counseling yet? i still haven't (it'll take a full convo to talk about that) and would advise you not to let as much time pass as i have. it exists for a reason and will pull things out that you don't know are in your heart.

* has your daughter gotten grief counseling yet? this is critical. children go through double the number of stages of grief as adults. the fact that you see them out playing means absolutely nothing.

* i encourage you, bro, to keep growing in your intimacy and connection with your daughter. she's at the age where if you don't, seeds will be planted where she'll seek elsewhere what you are equipped to provide. it won't show up for a few more years, but when it does, it'll have to be an act of the Spirit to change. so, it's a blessing your eyes are being opened; and i encourage you to keep pressing forward the the sake of your daughter and your own heart.

g&p!

thankfull
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey bro..I am praying for you and I encourage you to read some books or listen to sermons on how to be a better father to your daughter. This should be the primary focus of your life now. (In addition to knowing the Lord more.) I agree with eve, get that counseling! Find a solid Christian one!

Here is a book that may help:

What A Daughter Needs from Her Dad... (http://family.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=28706&p=1143702&event=ORC)

God Bless.

LeethalOne
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks y'all and yeah counseling is something I have been wanting to look into as well, I gotta find the right place to start. cause financially it aint happening right now. but I know I need to do it (for both myself and my daughter) no excuses. if you have any suggestions I would gladly appreciate any input. Thanks again!

thankfull
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks y'all and yeah counseling is something I have been wanting to look into as well, I gotta find the right place to start. cause financially it aint happening right now. but I know I need to do it (for both myself and my daughter) no excuses. if you have any suggestions I would gladly appreciate any input. Thanks again!

Maybe you can talk to your pastor? Also, you can check out http://www.newlife.com There may be some counselors that they can refer you to that may not cost much or your health insurance (If you have some) may be able to pay some of it.

I pray that God will be glorified in your situation.

LeethalOne
02-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe you can talk to your pastor? Also, you can check out http://www.newlife.com There may be some counselors that they can refer you to that may not cost much or your health insurance (If you have some) may be able to pay some of it.

I pray that God will be glorified in your situation.Thanks I will look into this further

albraggs
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
i am praying.

montenell
02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
got you

eternal
02-21-2009, 10:18 AM
amen. I'm praying for you.

seal
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I got you lifted famo....As a Parent I know the struggle a little bit now, but to be a one parent Father is beyond my comprehension. The Grace of the LORD has brought you this far famo and it will lead you on. Much Love Bro...Stay encourage...

Grace and Peace,
seal

savedbygracealone
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM
wow, thank you so much for the transparency! i'm glad that there has been good advice on this thread so far... i was wondering if you had spoken to your pastor for counseling or anything?

praying for you!

mgz
02-25-2009, 11:08 AM
praying for you LeethalOne

PoLemiCs
02-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Got u in my heart and prayers brotha

CHRISTion
02-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I definitely got you in my prayers bro!

I wanted to echo what Thankfull said and check out New Life. I went to them before and got some counseling... if $$ is the issue, talk to them and they will work with you (maybe let you pay a little per week instead of 1 lump sum) but they are good... I'll be praying for this situation as well.

djHeir
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Praying