PDA

View Full Version : On My...

Moody
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I found my BOOGIE MONSTERS CD in a bin of old CDs!!!!

Wow... it has been a long time since I've listened to this. This album is crazy. One song, you like "man, these cats Christian?" Then on another song, you like "man, these cats carnal?" LOL. Wow, this album is a classic in my opinion.

Of course only 10% of yall have an idea on who these cats are... (maybe that is a good thing)

LOL. Sorry, had to let it out. Memories.

http://universoulproductions.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ecacf0cdd7a0ea6710a17110l.jpg

daveski
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
man, i know 'bout some honey dips in gotham.

recognized thresholds of negative stress

gotcha fam! :wink:

d.

Moody
01-09-2009, 11:44 PM
man, i know 'bout some honey dips in gotham.

recognized thresholds of negative stress

gotcha fam! :wink:

d.

hahaha... I'm listening to that song right now!

12 o'clock on my block on a hot summer day...

Quiet storm
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I got 2 albums from them somewhere at my parents crib.

Moody
01-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I got 2 albums from them somewhere at my parents crib.

Yeah, the 2nd one was God Sound (1997). I just imported it into iTunes.

Moody
01-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Man, I don't know if it is just me, but this album came out in 94, and it don't sound like a 94 album. There is some current sounding stuff on here. I think it is because it has a lot of music elements in it and a bunch of weird sound fx?

daveski
01-09-2009, 11:56 PM
but what yall know about the supavocabulist analyst . . the most beautifullest thing in this world....in this world....is just like that! LOL!

d.

Moody
01-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Muzik sweet muzik, owwwwwwaaaaaa

I'd post the lyrics, but some of yall would think I was corrupting you. But when applied to music, I don't know if anything explains music better!

Okay, I need to stop!

BTW, the 1st album was way better than the 2nd one IMO.

Moody
01-10-2009, 12:13 AM
but what yall know about the supavocabulist analyst . . the most beautifullest thing in this world....in this world....is just like that! LOL!

d.

What song is that one from? It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure?

daveski
01-10-2009, 12:22 AM
it's not a boogiemonster's joint......

i just went back to 94 with Keith Murray. . .

taking me back to my dj'ing days in college....

d.

montenell
01-10-2009, 12:40 AM
man i still got the CASSETTE, i also have the Godsound Cd around here somewheres. the first is def a classic imo

KPfaREAL
01-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I got this on Cassette and God Sound on CD. I need to get this joint on CD to put on my iTunes... I don't even think I own a cassette player anymore, lol.

daveski
01-10-2009, 12:57 AM
i have the cassette too. i think i have a sony walkman buried in a box somewhere....

they don't sell tapes any more, huh? can't tell yall the last time i've been to a record store. LOL!

d.

Quiet storm
01-10-2009, 02:01 AM
I actually liked the second one better and thats probably because I got that one first and got the first one years later. I think one of those dudes was actually living in Baltimore (maybe he still is) cause he dropped a verse on this local kids album (sandtown) my old producer recorded years back.

Moody
01-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I actually liked the second one better and thats probably because I got that one first and got the first one years later. I think one of those dudes was actually living in Baltimore (maybe he still is) cause he dropped a verse on this local kids album (sandtown) my old producer recorded years back.

The 2nd one is definitely more "God" oriented, that is for sure. They were an interesting group, to say the least.

montenell
01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
The 2nd one is definitely more "God" oriented, that is for sure. They were an interesting group, to say the least.

Thing is you always knew they were Christians but it wasnt like they were trying to Bombard you with it

jnorman888
01-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I found my BOOGIE MONSTERS CD in a bin of old CDs!!!!

Wow... it has been a long time since I've listened to this. This album is crazy. One song, you like "man, these cats Christian?" Then on another song, you like "man, these cats carnal?" LOL. Wow, this album is a classic in my opinion.

Of course only 10% of yall have an idea on who these cats are... (maybe that is a good thing)

LOL. Sorry, had to let it out. Memories.

http://universoulproductions.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ecacf0cdd7a0ea6710a17110l.jpg

I know who they are, and Vex the Vortex is on my myspace friend list.

He did alot of Colabs with Christian rap artists, but he refuses to be signed to a christian label....because he doesn't want to be put into a box.......he doesn't like secular labels now either........ Instead, he wants to do it all on his own label.

peace!

JNORM888

jnorman888
01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Man, I don't know if it is just me, but this album came out in 94, and it don't sound like a 94 album. There is some current sounding stuff on here. I think it is because it has a lot of music elements in it and a bunch of weird sound fx?

Yeah I know. Some of those videos are on Youtube.

http://www.holycultureradio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=413004&postcount=6

JNORM888

Ras
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
My joint was Old Man Jacob's Well. Yeah, that's kinda sick but I was into dark type stuff before I was saved. I loved the East Coast bassy beats and the voice altering "underwater" sound on some song. That intro beat on "God Sound" was crazy. Loved dat joint.

Ras
01-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Vex had a beats tape too. Can't remember the name of name of it though (but it's on the tip of my tongue). Unfortunately, somebody stole all my CD's 4 years ago.

chrisfamo
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
now this is Hip-Hop!

montenell
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
My joint was Old Man Jacob's Well. Yeah, that's kinda sick but I was into dark type stuff before I was saved. I loved the East Coast bassy beats and the voice altering "underwater" sound on some song. That intro beat on "God Sound" was crazy. Loved dat joint.

naw man it was all about the "de ninna denna ... recognized thresholds of negative stress!"

that intro was crazy, i use to freestyle over it cause i was mad they didnt rap to it lol

J-Woods(BangTheory)
01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
God sound was dope, only heard a few joints from the first album they did. I always liked them, vex the vortex was a dope emcee imo. They Definitely talked a lot more about God and stuff on the 2nd album. God Sounds a classic to me.

Excal The Mc

Commissary
01-12-2009, 12:39 AM
I read one of the members' books (I think his name in the the group was Yoda) a few years ago. Pray for that cat man, his theology is heavily flawed...

montenell
01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
I read one of the members' books (I think his name in the the group was Yoda) a few years ago. Pray for that cat man, his theology is heavily flawed...

probably something like YOda red, originally i believe there were 4 but by the time of the second album it was just 2