PDA

View Full Version : Sickness...again.

naijagirl
01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll have to see a doctor soon. Hopefully, the school health center opens back up next week.

Ok, for the past couple of nights, I've been wheezing. The first night was just regular wheezing, and I couldn't sleep because I could hear myself wheeze with every breath I took. Last night was well, even more terrible. I stayed up for 4 hours coughing and wheezing, and probably only got 5 hours of sleep. All's well when my body finally wakes up, but if I dare lie down, I should be prepared for a long coughing fit. I'm surprised (and grateful to God) I haven't passed out due to lack of oxygen.

It could either be asthma, allergies or bronchitis. Never had a history with those, though anything can happen. If so, then cigarette smoke is definitely my trigger (thanks neighbor *rolls eyes*) At this rate, I can't go anywhere. I just feel miserable and would like some prayer and eucalyptus tea with honey (which I don't have). I'll keep y'all updated when I eventually visit the doc.

BlackCalvinist
01-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Can you sleep propped up ? Or on your side so your airway doesn't become fully constricted ?

*prayed*

d.hyde
01-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I pray you feel better

naijagirl
01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Update: it's bronchitis.

The funny thing is that the doctor and nurse both thought I had asthma.

Dad, I did try sleeping propped up this morning (yes, another fit, couldn't sleep until past 4 am). I sounded like my rats at work gasping for air in a C02-filled cage.

I currently have an inhaler prescribed, and heavy cough medication. Oh, and an antibiotic running through my veins. I feel a LOT better, but I am SO tired. I have to stay up and take my inhaler every 4 hours.

Thanks y'all.