PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my sister

Shock~Therapy
12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Greetings HCR Fam,

I know it has been a long while, but I really am requesting your prayers on this one.

First a little background for those that don't know me. I received the Lord's gift of salvation 9 years ago. I was a former agnostic, never having gone to church my whole life except for weddings and funerals. My family is a mix of agnostics, atheists, and people practicing witchcraft.

So... on to my prayer request...

My sister called me today, literally breaking down. She expressed to me how she has gone through bouts of depression and felt unfulfilled with her life. She was questioning why she had the awful thoughts that she did and why she kept making the decisions that she was making which only made her situation worse. I told her that what she is dealing with is not uncommon but rather it is the dilemma of the human race. That is why you can she people who seemingly have it all like hollywood actors struggle with depression and thoughts of suicide. I told her that outside of God's will man cannot be fulfilled. I shared my testimony with her again and told her that I was very much where she was at and told her how God moved on my heart. I expressed to her that the thoughts she was having, the very same thoughts that I struggled with were the result of sin and a depraved mind due to this fallen world. She told me that she just wanted peace and comfort. I informed her that true peace can only be found in a relationship with Christ. She told me that she really didn't know what a relationship with God mean't and that she was looking for God to literally manifest Himself to her to prove that He is real. I told her that I would like to talk more in depth with her about it as well as get the book "Mere Christianity" for her and go over it with her. She agreed to read it with me. I asked her if she would like to pray with me but she said that she didn't feel ready at this time. I also invited her to church with me this Sunday and she agreed to come (hint hint CCBOL fam... please show her the love of Christ as I know you will).

Prayer Request: So Fam, I am asking that you pray for my sister's salvation and pray for me that God give me the words to say to her.

Thank you fam. It is much appreciated. And I thank God for beginning to move on the hearts of my family. It has been a long time but God is faithful. :biggrin:

Jason718
12-25-2008, 02:00 AM
i'll keep he lifted, bro.

merry christmas!

JARZJR
12-25-2008, 04:38 AM
We got you, homie... Law to the proud grace to the humble...

CLER
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
praying for your sister and praying for you.

albraggs
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
praying