PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Tai

Gloria
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey fam,

Tai has worked for me since 2006. I've witnessed to her at length at least twice since she's been here. I also know that a Christian sister who worked here last year met with her several times to discuss Jesus and salvation. There have been several nights that I've labored in prayer for her (and some of my other students).

Last week, Tai interviewed me for her "Psychology of Religion" class. I knew that she had more questions based on her demeanor during the interview and invited her to come back in her own time to discuss ANYTHING she has questions about.

She called me about an hour ago asking if she could stop by and talk to me. We just finished talking about 15 minutes ago. Based on what she said, the Lord is really working on her conscience and her heart. She seems to be thirsty for truth and burdened by her sin. Please pray for her salvation and our future interactions.

SDG

eternal
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Amen! Lord move on this sister!

thankfull
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
praying

clayfilms
10-23-2008, 11:29 AM
wow that's awesome!!! praise God! i'm praying..

The_Expositor
02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey, Gloria...

Any update on Tai?

savedbygracealone
02-26-2009, 03:22 PM
praise God! lifting one up now!

mgz
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Gloria, I just noticed this was from a while ago but I will be praying now

CHRISTion
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm praying as well... Thank You Lord for Your Faithfulness!!!

BlackCalvinist
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I missed this one. Any update ?

Deadmanwalking
02-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey fam,

Tai has worked for me since 2006. I've witnessed to her at length at least twice since she's been here. I also know that a Christian sister who worked here last year met with her several times to discuss Jesus and salvation. There have been several nights that I've labored in prayer for her (and some of my other students).

Last week, Tai interviewed me for her "Psychology of Religion" class. I knew that she had more questions based on her demeanor during the interview and invited her to come back in her own time to discuss ANYTHING she has questions about.

She called me about an hour ago asking if she could stop by and talk to me. We just finished talking about 15 minutes ago. Based on what she said, the Lord is really working on her conscience and her heart. She seems to be thirsty for truth and burdened by her sin. Please pray for her salvation and our future interactions.

SDG

I know this is older, but I'm gonna pray anyway. I pray that YOU LORD continue to move on her heart....draw her close to you and have mercy on her the way You've had mercy on all of your children. Enlighten her mind on the day that You will....open the door for gloria to witness to her, but please, introduce yourself as well.

Gloria
03-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Wanted to give an update on this. Thanks to all who've been praying or have prayed regarding Tai.

About three weeks ago I asked her how her walk was going...Here's what I learned:

1) Christianity is hard
2) She's "spiritual" no necessarily a "Christian"
3) She believes in God (of the bible) but doesn't feel the need to read it because she knows him in her heart...

My head was spinning. I didn't want to come off like :mad::mad::mad: or :wacko: so I just reiterated that she can't earn her salvation and the Bible teaches us that we should trust in Christ Alone for our salvation. I think she still has it in her mind that Christianity is a list of don'ts...I suggested that she was having a hard time of it because she didn't understand his grace. That's when I learned that she doesn't read her Bible. I also challenged her to go to Biblegateway and do a keyword search on the word "heart" to see what the Lord says about the state of our heart without Christ. I'm going to follow up on that tonight. Pray for our interaction. Pray for me to remember that the gospel is the power unto salvation, not my "crafty" speech.

The_Expositor
03-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank you for your faithfulness, sis. We love you and are praying for your interactions with Tai.

NinaNeen
03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Wanted to give an update on this. Thanks to all who've been praying or have prayed regarding Tai.

About three weeks ago I asked her how her walk was going...Here's what I learned:

1) Christianity is hard
2) She's "spiritual" no necessarily a "Christian"
3) She believes in God (of the bible) but doesn't feel the need to read it because she knows him in her heart...

My head was spinning. I didn't want to come off like :mad::mad::mad: or :wacko: so I just reiterated that she can't earn her salvation and the Bible teaches us that we should trust in Christ Alone for our salvation. I think she still has it in her mind that Christianity is a list of don'ts...I suggested that she was having a hard time of it because she didn't understand his grace. That's when I learned that she doesn't read her Bible. I also challenged her to go to Biblegateway and do a keyword search on the word "heart" to see what the Lord says about the state of our heart without Christ. I'm going to follow up on that tonight. Pray for our interaction. Pray for me to remember that the gospel is the power unto salvation, not my "crafty" speech.

praise God for your honesty...how easily we can get caught up in our "crafty speech" and analogies praying what we say will win them over...forgetting that the Holy Spirit is already at work. Still praying and believing for salvation...