PDA

View Full Version : Grandfather passed away

NiteLyte
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey fam,

My grandfather passed away this Sunday. My family and I are leaving for the funeral today. The service is this Saturday. We will stay with my grandmother and family until Sunday or Monday, when we will go straight to Duke hospital for my follow-up appointment and to get an MRI done to see what the tumor is doing (they are controlling my clinical trial). I have also found out that I am anemic since my red blood counts are low. I was dealing with a lot of sickness the past week, and it's been very stressful and hard to keep up in school what with my illness and now family tragedy. It's also just difficult because I was close with my grandfather and he went through a lot of suffering in his last years. He is the one who inspired me to do music and dance and was so very encouraging to me. It is thanks to him that I write music, play piano, dance. He and my mother were also very close (she was his "baby girl," the youngest daughter). Pray that she is comforted when she is sad--that she is strong because he is with Jesus, his Lord and Savior now. And my grandmother, they were married for over 60 years and loved each other very much. Please pray that she is loved well and comforted during this time as she has been ill herself.

Please just keep us in your prayers as this has been a difficult year for us. I was hesitant to post this since I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I think I need to on behalf of my family.

I am humbled by and grateful for your prayers already. I read the other thread and I want to thank all of you who have encouraged me and prayed for me and my family.

With love in Christ,

- NiteLyte

albraggs
09-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I am sorry for the lost and will be praying for you and your family.

chozzen
09-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Praying

thankfull
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
praying for u and your family!

JARZJR
09-22-2008, 03:00 AM
sorry i didnt see this sooner... praying...

BlackCalvinist
09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
praying.... may the Lord grant you peace and strength through this trial.