PDA

View Full Version : cars???????

flyflyer
06-02-2008, 01:46 AM
My hyundai accent just gave up the ghost after 137,000 plus miles on it now i'm thinking about getting a hyundai elentra or going with an 08 accord or civic...any suggestions/ advice out there. Any of ya'll roll any of these rides....I hate this whole process...I would seriously roll on the bus if I was closer to work.

shekinahsmoke
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
08 accord! ;)

ZestD
06-02-2008, 12:16 PM
My 1996 Subaru Legacy sedan is still a trooper after 207k miles. I bought it in '98 with 19k on it. The beauty of all-wheel drive booooyyyy! Plus, they are super-reliable.

eve
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
My hyundai accent just gave up the ghost after 137,000 plus miles on it now i'm thinking about getting a hyundai elentra or going with an 08 accord or civic...any suggestions/ advice out there. Any of ya'll roll any of these rides....I hate this whole process...I would seriously roll on the bus if I was closer to work.

my hyundai sonata is still going at 177,000 miles!

don't forget that the warranty for hyundais is SUPERIOR to most. the only exception might be the unlimited warranty you can get from dodge.

anyway, whatever you do, make it (1) fuel efficient, preferably a hybrid, because we need to be as little enslaved to petro as possible, and (2) secure your auto loan (if you need one at all) through your credit union so that you have one BEFORE you get to the dealership so they'll have no grounds with which to jip you (if your auto loan is for $20,000, for example, ask what their best offer is, and talk them as far below 20 as you can; but if they insist, tell them you'll comparison shop because your loan is only for that amount ... and don't take their loan whatever you do).

phil
06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
crown financial ministries is the bomb!!!

heed there advice if at all able.

http://www.crown.org/LIBRARY/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=542

http://www.crown.org/LIBRARY/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=663

Conviction Music
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Check repo lots, good deals

flyflyer
06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
thnx for the info ended up goin with the 07 accord...hope this car lasts a long time

The_Expositor
06-03-2008, 11:15 PM
my hyundai sonata is still going at 177,000 miles!

don't forget that the warranty for hyundais is SUPERIOR to most. the only exception might be the unlimited warranty you can get from dodge.

anyway, whatever you do, make it (1) fuel efficient, preferably a hybrid, because we need to be as little enslaved to petro as possible, and (2) secure your auto loan (if you need one at all) through your credit union so that you have one BEFORE you get to the dealership so they'll have no grounds with which to jip you (if your auto loan is for $20,000, for example, ask what their best offer is, and talk them as far below 20 as you can; but if they insist, tell them you'll comparison shop because your loan is only for that amount ... and don't take their loan whatever you do).

Don't forget the tax credit for a hybrid. I was looking at an Altima Hybrid today and they said I could get a $2350 tax credit.