PDA

View Full Version : Sean Bell COPS NOT GUILTY!!!

Lynaz24
04-25-2008, 09:16 AM
:mad::mad::mad:

Racism still exists..That was rediculous..Those cops were so guilty..I feel sorry for any cop in NY..cuz the goons are gonna be out tonight..Just pray for NY, for real

DJ Wade-O
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
I was afraid of this man. Like really, this is too bad.

DJ Links
04-25-2008, 09:48 AM
2 of the 3 were african american though! how was this racist?

Probably wasn't the best choice of words. I will say the Blue wall of silence is straight up Bull Excrement!!!

chngdwumn
04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
This is crazy. I can't say that it was 100% based on race b'cuz 2 of them were black but the verdict let's us know that police can do whatever they want regardless.

zacchaeus
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
i don't think this outcome will be like that of Amadou Diallo. and i think it won't be because there were 2 black cops involved. BUT if thos cops were white there would be an outrage. so in a sense this is a racial thing, that black people will only be in arms if those charged are white. racism on both fronts is still a major issue in america and will always be. that's why we proclaim and preach Christ, for in Him we are all one and we learn to love our neighbors, no matter the color or ethnicity, as ourselves. even Al Sharpton is saying to give the system a chance. what? when has Sharpton ever done that in a police killing...only when those charged are black. now that's racist to me

DJ Links
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
best choice of words?...bruh please. tell me how this was racist. explain to me how this was motivated by race.

Vic you are misunderstanding me. I am NOT saying it was motivated by race and saying that this shooting was racist wasn't the best choice of words.

I firmly believe that this was a Blue vs Black/Brown issue. It is sad to say that many in blue have become indifferent towards the people they are sworn to protect and serve.

DJ Links
04-25-2008, 10:57 AM
i don't think this outcome will be like that of Amadou Diallo. and i think it won't be because there were 2 black cops involved. BUT if thos cops were white there would be an outrage. so in a sense this is a racial thing, that black people will only be in arms if those charged are white. racism on both fronts is still a major issue in america and will always be. that's why we proclaim and preach Christ, for in Him we are all one and we learn to love our neighbors, no matter the color or ethnicity, as ourselves. even Al Sharpton is saying to give the system a chance. what? when has Sharpton ever done that in a police killing...only when those charged are black. now that's racist to me

Al got paid to say that is all I am going to say. Bloomberg and NY knew that these cops were going to get off. Why else would they have 1000 extra cops on hand for when the verdict would be read. They knew!!

CHO'ZYN_CHICK
04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't see it as racist, but man that sucks!!! So sad :(

Live@Baruch
04-25-2008, 11:09 AM
messed up - DEF
unexpected - Nope

If you in NY and a black/brown you know its shoot first questions later

zacchaeus
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Al got paid to say that is all I am going to say. Bloomberg and NY knew that these cops were going to get off. Why else would they have 1000 extra cops on hand for when the verdict would be read. They knew!!

yeah i would agree with you in them knowing. the NYPD has not had a good name in a very long time, with corruption and the "blue shield" going on. it's a brotherhood that has apparently seeped in the courts, but they were tried by a jury, right? do you think they were paid off or coerced??

CHO'ZYN_CHICK
04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah i would agree with you in them knowing. the NYPD has not had a good name in a very long time, with corruption and the "blue shield" going on. it's a brotherhood that has apparently seeped in the courts, but they were tried by a jury, right? do you think they were paid off or coerced??

I think they decided not to get a jury involved...

DJ Links
04-25-2008, 11:53 AM

No!!!! This was a bench trial. I have no idea why the prosecution would even allow for such a thing.

NiteLyte
04-25-2008, 11:57 AM
NO!!

C'mon....

Lynaz24
04-25-2008, 12:08 PM

its systematic racism...the value of an african american life is really worth nothin these days..cmon man there was no reason these cops got off...and im not one to pull the race card..but they really tried to paint these dudes as thugs during the trial to make it seem like the killing was justififed..like if they thugs the cops had a reason to feel threatened

Oppose3
04-25-2008, 12:19 PM
yo this joint is sad. real sad.

Lynaz24
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
the whole defense was based on painting these men as thugs..and therefore justifying 4 police offers fears of being attacked..whenever your defense is linking your race with a violent culture in order to justify murder by saying b/c your black and a thug it justifies..that's racist

chngdwumn
04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
its systematic racism...the value of an african american life is really worth nothin these days..cmon man there was no reason these cops got off...and im not one to pull the race card..but they really tried to paint these dudes as thugs during the trial to make it seem like the killing was justififed..like if they thugs the cops had a reason to feel threatened

VERY, VERY, VERY, TRUE. Nobody really feels it's a black/white issue. 100% systematic racism. It's not cute out here right now, real talk. It's gona be a ugly wknd .:jimlad:

phil
04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
still waiting for ya'll to give your approval of justified shootings from a NYPD...

seems like if it's NYPD folks assume it's gotta be wrong

phil
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM

they had a 1000 extra cops when OJ's verdict was read also.... did they "know" then?

come on, it was a potential risk and a wise move... i don't support the verdict, but give me a break... just cause they raised security.. .doesn't mean they are in on it... potentially many innocent cops
will be targeted by frustrated people

Devin
04-25-2008, 01:06 PM
still waiting for ya'll to give your approval of justified shootings from a NYPD...

seems like if it's NYPD folks assume it's gotta be wrong

i wouldnt say that.its just their history really makes them look bad.theres always been animosity with Blacks and Police....im definitely disappointed that these cops will not be held responsible for their actions.i wouldnt say its Racist..BUT..i cant help to think that if the Victim was a Caucasian male the verdict surely wouldnt be "not guilty"....and whats up with the Bench Trial?smh....

phil
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
i wouldnt say that.its just their history really makes them look bad.theres always been animosity with Blacks and Police....im definitely disappointed that these cops will not be held responsible for their actions.i wouldnt say its Racist..BUT..i cant help to think that if the Victim was a Caucasian male the verdict surely wouldnt be "not guilty"....and whats up with the Bench Trial?smh....

maybe... actually... probably so... at least a middle class white male

Oppose3
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
phil 2 of them were BLACK COPS! (see KRS 1 pre g craig lewis beef)

phil
04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
phil 2 of them were BLACK COPS! (see KRS 1 pre g craig lewis beef)

exactly....

just kiddin... i actually meant "black jury" ... but even that was not acurate... cause it was only a judge

but anyway, its a sad case!!!! racism is crazy in NY

but i think it's much deeper then that... power tripping and rebellion

give any immature dudes too much power over other folks that don't respect authority... you'll have crazy stuff from both groups.... no matter what the skin colors

even if all parties involved got the same ethnic BG

naijagirl
04-25-2008, 05:09 PM
This is sad. I read about it earlier.

Ahh well, another reason I'm anarchist.

nar8ta
04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
NYC residents knew this was going to happen, because police shootings are a regular thing here. Most of the times the minor shootings doesn’t hit major media because of other big stories break and eclipse them.

On the flip side this one rocked NYC and had NYPD terrorizing young black males since.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?&aid=66082&search_result=1&stid=11

I knew Ronell for a while. What people don’t know about him is he was mentally ill for years. I don’t support what he did at all, and those two officers have child that will never see their dad again which is ridiculous. The Courts are gonna try and set a precedent and fry him. The saddest thing is there are million of these type children growing in poor black community through the country. “Mentally gone”. I don’t even know if he can get visitors but the Police and C.O.’s regularly beat him really bad…..He showed no remorse in court because he in now an animal mentally and is treated like one until they fry him. I do need to try and go see him, but I don’t think they will let me.

I speak from what I been through man……….Some NYDP officers should be listed at the biggest criminals in the city. I respect the unbiased Law but do not submit to a hypocritical system (the blue wall of silence), that was created to protect the criminal element which lives within them selves.

On New Years 07, the undies pulled out their guns on me coming down a one way talking bout someone reported a semi automatic weapon inside a silver Lexus. They said show me your hands. I had to tell them it’s a wallet don’t shoot. They try to search my car but I told them they violating my 5th amendment right. There was no report just the usual scare tactic which in unconstitutional.

In 2000 the SCU (street crime unit) put crack on me and locked me up for a sale to an undercover officer ……Mind you I was leaving church (which is in the hood). They looked at me, looked at my cousin Rigz and said “the tall one looks older, take him”. They then went to every black neighborhood in Staten Island and did the same thing. We get to court and had two co-defendant that I didn’t even know. The officer’s docket says the three of us worked together on one sale…..Three people on one sale?????????. Lets not talk about the judicial process………..

In 1995 (BC) going to Ghostface’s parties police were harassing me, I ran, and them dudes caught and beat the hell (literally LOL) out of me with there walkie talkies, found nothing but want to pin a robbery charge on me. By GOD’s sovereignty they didn’t. I was dirty the LOL I through that thing in the bushes and kept running. LOL Jesus saved a sinna LOL. (This one don’t count LOL)

In 2005 the Undies locked my brother up in the hood miles away from a crime scene and charged him with Robbery. I Chinese lady got robber for her laptop at knife point earlier and ID’ed his (medium height, you black male with a dorag). LOL That’s like going to Philly and saying a short black dude with a beard robbed me….LOL that’s everyone in Philly man LOL. I spoke to the arresting officer and them dudes was laughing talking about “she ID him, she said he did it, he shouldn’t have had a dorag on”.

My point is, people are frustrated and not saved. These two things is a bad mixture. Do I think a riot will occur….no, I can be wrong, but if things like this continue to happen….the hood can and will bare arms. Right, wrong, or indifferent it can happen.

I pray for both sides…..the criminals who are dead wrong, and the officers who at times act like the people they way are paid to apprehend.

Lee

C-dero
04-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Institutional racism b. Racism is not just a personal issue. Racism is also a institutional problem. So what that there were Black cops, Black cops, Black cops, Black, cops (KRS). They are all pawns in a racist institution. The institution that controls your mind also controls your actions.

The Prophets spoke against the Judah and Israel's bigotry against widow Jews, orphan Jews, and poor Jews in general.

gospelmessenjah
04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I think the Cops were wrong for firing so many bullets but I dont see how this is racist either?

joseph29
04-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I am in complete shock over this verdict. The thing that scares me is how not too many people care about this verdict. Its not only the fact that an innocent man lost his life, but that it could happen to any of us! I would really want to hear what type of an argument the defense made where 50 shots at an unarmed man was an accident. I could see if it was a rookie police officer and he fired 1 shot out of nervousness but 50.

The thing i dont understand is how these guys could get away scotch free for killing a man, yet mike vick and wesley snipes go to jail for multiple years. I guess money and dogs are more important to the judicial system than the life of a man. DISGUSTING!

Ras
04-25-2008, 07:01 PM
No offense because it sad this man is dead. But has anybody been following the facts of the case? From what I heard (I haven't been following it) there was reasonable doubt. Because one of the star witness switch up his story a bunch of times. Again, I'm not saying they made the right decision but can somebody give us the facts?

gospelmessenjah
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
No offense because it sad this man is dead. But has anybody been following the facts of the case? From what I heard (I haven't been following it) there was reasonable doubt. Because one of the star witness switch up his story a bunch of times. Again, I'm not saying they made the right decision but can somebody give us the facts?

Ras, Here is part of the article from MSNBC.

Cooperman said the inconsistent testimony, courtroom demeanor and rap sheets of the prosecution witnesses — mainly Bell's friends — "had the effect of eviscerating" their credibility.

"At times, the testimony just didn't make sense," the judge said.

So, from what I gather the witnesses who testified also had something to do with the officers being aquitted.

Here is the whole article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24305660

Devin
04-26-2008, 06:21 AM
exactly....

just kiddin... i actually meant "black jury" ... but even that was not acurate... cause it was only a judge

but anyway, its a sad case!!!! racism is crazy in NY

but i think it's much deeper then that... power tripping and rebellion

give any immature dudes too much power over other folks that don't respect authority... you'll have crazy stuff from both groups.... no matter what the skin colors

even if all parties involved got the same ethnic BG

what makes you think the victims didnt respect authority?or is that just a general statement?

Ras
04-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Ras, Here is part of the article from MSNBC.

Cooperman said the inconsistent testimony, courtroom demeanor and rap sheets of the prosecution witnesses — mainly Bell's friends — "had the effect of eviscerating" their credibility.

"At times, the testimony just didn't make sense," the judge said.

So, from what I gather the witnesses who testified also had something to do with the officers being aquitted.

Here is the whole article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24305660

yep, thanks.

DJ Links
04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
yep, thanks.

Ras the issue at hand here is that the police didn't follow their own training and protocol.

Police ARE trained to shoot 3 times and then assess the situation. One dude emptied his clip and then reloaded and then started blasting again. If anything they should have gotten involuntary manslaughter.

Its crazy with cops man!!! You remember last year in Atlanta where they busted in the house of a 92 yr old grandmother with a no knock warrant saying that she was selling crack out of her house. They killed her and then said they were firing in self defence because the grandmother shot at them first. It was later discovered that the cops shot themselves and they lied about an informant telling them that crack was being sold in the house.

Truth be told cops do some shady things!!!

phil
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
what makes you think the victims didnt respect authority?or is that just a general statement?

it's a general statement... generally there is abusive authority and a rebellious mindset (and that is a characteristic of sinful mankind... not blacks or whites)