PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a Calvinist anymore.

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Over the past few days, I've found a few things that have really been a bit of a challenge to what I traditionally held to as Calvinism. I'm going to take a few days/weeks maybe off from the board to do some more study. Keep me in prayer.

Take care.

gospelmessenjah
04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Are you serious Kerry?

If so, Im praying for you.

Quiet storm
04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah he is serious I was chatting with him on instant messenger about it.

StreetSermonz
04-01-2008, 08:35 PM
The important thing is that you are a Christian - a believer in Christ and one of His sons.

I'm praying that God reveal the Truth of His Word to you and that you walk out your purpose to the glory of Christ Jesus.

Devin
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
what made you change?or is this a April Fools joke?

Conviction Music
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Praying for you Kerry, I just spoke with him on yahoo.....hey guys lets not be too quick to break out the apost....or heret.....just yet. But def, he will be excommunicated.

sonshine
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
this is an April Fools joke!!!

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 08:47 PM
No, it's not....seriously. But I'm working on a paper now, so I can't get all the way into it.

Thanks to all the people who've already hit me on IM about it. Thanks for your prayers - they're greatly appreciated.

Devin
why the change?

Redeemed
Not only that but all the pictures and videos you've seen of Kerry were never him...

That's right admin you knew as BLACK Calvinist...

Wasn't even black...:swoon:

naijagirl
04-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow. Dad, I'm in shock. I've been staring at this thread and wondering why you decided to change. I mean, you've been in it longer than I have...shoo, you were one of the few that influenced me!

I'll be praying for you, and I hope I can catch you on YIM soon so we can talk. :frown:

Redeemed
04-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow. Dad, I'm in shock. I've been staring at this thread and wondering why you decided to change. I mean, you've been in it longer than I have...shoo, you were one of the few that influenced me!

I'll be praying for you, and I hope I can catch you on YIM soon so we can talk. :frown:

it's a joke

APRIL FOOLS

shekinahsmoke
04-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Not only that but all the pictures and videos you've seen of Kerry were never him...

That's right admin you knew as BLACK Calvinist...

Wasn't even black...:swoon:
u silly...

WOW.. I cant believe THIS.

sonshine
04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Im gonna be WORD OF FAITH AGAIN!!!!!

Conviction Music
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Dude, Kerry I think you should step down as admin, or atleast unbann Zee, Knine, Eternal, and all other cats you banished away to other boards because you disagreed with there doctrine. Dont be a hypocrite and unleash them!

naijagirl
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Poor Dad. This following video explains exactly how I feel about this whole situation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Dude, Kerry I think you should step down as admin, or atleast unbann Zee, Knine, Eternal, and all other cats you banished away to other boards because you disagreed with there doctrine. Dont be a hypocrite and unleash them!

I didn't ban any of them. They all left on their own.

StreetSermonz
04-01-2008, 08:58 PM
:skeptical:

Conviction Music
04-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I didn't ban any of them. They all left on their own.

Dude you dont have to lie now that your not a calvinist, God still doesnt like sin. I pray you be regenerated, as we see you were never of us. Praying

shekinahsmoke
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
wow. .son .. so are u a Pelagian now or EVEN WORSE an Armeninan? whats the world coming too?

DJ KriTiKul
04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I see a HUGE April fools coming up. If not, ALL GOOD man!

daveski
04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
<dave going to theologicallycorrect.com> cuz me thinks brother kerry is fulla tom foolery!

d.

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I haven't had a chance to update the page yet, dave. I'll have it done later this week.

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 09:20 PM
The important thing is that you are a Christian - a believer in Christ and one of His sons.

I'm praying that God reveal the Truth of His Word to you and that you walk out your purpose to the glory of Christ Jesus.

I meant to say thanks, Otis. I appreciate this more than words can adequately express....

One

Ras
04-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Since this is serious, I think it would be helpful to take out the Sproul avatar. Not that you have to be a Calvinist to follow Sproul but still. That's like saying I'm not a "basketball fan anymore" thread but have Kobe in the avatar. Or some Arm. dude. Just a suggestion. But either way may God lead you into the truth

daveski
04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I haven't had a chance to update the page yet, dave. I'll have it done later this week.

Look man! I ain't fallin for no banana in the tail-pipe!

d.

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Well, Sproul's hermeneutics are pretty sound. It's some stuff in his book that actually nudged me this way....that, and some talks I've been having with a fellow 'armchair' theologian. She goes to a Calvary Chapel church. She pointed out a few things to me.....

WhyMe
04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
You need a new acronym for G.R.A.C.E. now :biggrin: or change your name.

montenell
04-01-2008, 09:53 PM
wow. times like this i wish i had internet at home i'd hit you on the im. i'm curious as to what would make you change your position. either way i believe Otis said it best, your a christian it doesnt matter what denom you belong to.

the answer
04-01-2008, 10:07 PM
yep....Me and kerry had a few talks about it.

It's not a joke...he actually been one this thing for a minute.

its Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29

daveski
04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
corroborations!!!

apokalum
04-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Perhaps you can explain what exactly has changed in your theology? Saying 'Im not a Calvinist anymore' could mean a lot...

JARZJR
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Over the past few days, I've found a few things that have really been a bit of a challenge to what I traditionally held to as Calvinism. I'm going to take a few days/weeks maybe off from the board to do some more study. Keep me in prayer.

Take care.

Hairy-tick :wub:

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Well, I might as well get into it a bit. It's a multi-faceted issue, as I mentioned. I met up with this chick from one of the local CC churches named April (we met on another theology board).... nice girl, big family, intelligent, loves theology. We got to talking online and realized we had a lot in common, so then we got to talking a bit more about theology.

Our convo started off much like some of the ones on here, but took a shift when she didn't give the usual answers to Romans 9. Instead of trying to make it look like it was only talking about nations, she changed the topic completely.

"My last name is Fueles."

I was like "what ?". She said it again. "My last name is Fueles."

I was like...okay, what does that have to do with anything ?

She was like "April Fueles."

:D

4Sight Sounds
04-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, I might as well get into it a bit. It's a multi-faceted issue, as I mentioned. I met up with this chick from one of the local CC churches named April (we met on another theology board).... nice girl, big family, intelligent, loves theology. We got to talking online and realized we had a lot in common, so then we got to talking a bit more about theology.

Our convo started off much like some of the ones on here, but took a shift when she didn't give the usual answers to Romans 9. Instead of trying to make it look like it was only talking about nations, she changed the topic completely.

:Using Charles Barkley voice:

That was turrible Kerry.....just turrrible..."

INFANT BAPTISM! :elvis:

naijagirl
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Poor Dad. This following video explains exactly how I feel about this whole situation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

This is how you know people ignore my posts! :mad: If people had watched this video, there'd be no pity party!

April Fool's, suckers!!! :biglaugh:

gospelmessenjah
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Kerry thats not right fam. LOL You had me going for a minute.

The_Expositor
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
The Obsidian Aminian is back!!!!

Non Caucasian Semi-Pelagian!!!!

Nah, this was a crappy joke...LOL.

I would have taken you off my fave 5...lol

NiteLyte
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
And yet the funniest part is how you got thrown under the bus for it...

Reactions sound more like you converted to Islam. Hmm.

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 11:16 PM
:biglaugh:

I got 4-5 phone calls from people, a bunch of IMs and I heard there were other IMs from people asking about me to other people. LOL

This has been the third best March 32nd. ever.

but yeah, if y'all had watched the video..... it explained everything well.
thank you to everyone who played along.

Oh, here's the video link again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 11:20 PM

Oh, the funny part is, I played that joke today too (on another board). :)

Only got one person (who admitted it). Another person IMed me and said she knew it was fake because she was used to getting dissertations from me, not short responses. :biglaugh:

enel
04-01-2008, 11:35 PM

Take care.

Ohhhhh the irony! You should be a poet!

WhyMe
04-01-2008, 11:41 PM
.......and I was working on your new acronym..........:mad:

Grace
Received
After
Cooperating
Efforts

:jiggy:

Conviction Music
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM

The people who threw him under the bus knew about the joke, the empathetic and caring people didn't lol

BlackCalvinist
04-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Some didn't know until later. :biglaugh: Some (like Redeemed) know me well enough to know a joke when they see one....

naijagirl
04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
The people who threw him under the bus knew about the joke, the empathetic and caring people didn't lol

I knew. I was told to play Ms. Empathy. And well, people believed me. :biggrin:

seal
04-02-2008, 12:59 AM
There are a lot of suckas on this board.

Arminians had to get rid of those, we finally got one Banners...LOL.... J/K... :tongue: :tongue:

Grace and Peace,
seal

Jeffr0cks
04-02-2008, 02:42 AM
had a feeling this was a [Ephesians 4:29] [Ephesians 4:29] joke.

apokalum
04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
*Wakes up to find out that he was fooled*

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BlackCalvinist
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Here's the link from the other board:
http://forum.the5thquarter.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2997

But nothing will ever top my number one joke (for now):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_1%2C_2000

It was June-July and people's national offices were STILL getting phone calls about it. I heard I caused an uproar in Texas. :biglaugh:

shekinahsmoke
04-02-2008, 07:53 AM

cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! LOL! :D .. .I admit I wasnt fooled at first.. until I he posted that he was serious... then I joined in midway LOL... such a con man

phil
04-02-2008, 08:18 AM
what a jurk!!!!!!!

lol... i probably wouldn't have believed it, if not for the "no hassling" thread for non-calvinists you posted last week

good prank jerkface!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The_Expositor
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM

It was June-July and people's national offices were STILL getting phone calls about it. I heard I caused an uproar in Texas. :biglaugh:

That wouldn't have been in Tyler, TX, would it???? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

DJ Wade-O
04-02-2008, 09:07 AM

Ya'll need to peep this out. Based on a lot of the greeks I know...I'm surprised you are still alive bro.

Under5ive
04-02-2008, 09:35 AM
LOL!!! I figured this was a joke!!! I said to myself 'of all days why would he post this info on THIS day? I'm gonna check back after midnight' lol.

Very funny :cute: you need a whoopin'.

CHRISTion
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
You know... I was thinking to myself, I know the people at HCR did not get duped into believing ANOTHER April Fools Joke, and wouldn't you know it... :biglaugh: either you guys are the most gullible group on this planet or... oh never mind, you guys are the most gullible group on this planet.

BTW guys, I'm running for president. And yes I'm serious. No really... somebody else co-sign that I'm doing this so I can get some people to vote for me

BlackCalvinist
04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Ya'll need to peep this out. Based on a lot of the greeks I know...I'm surprised you are still alive bro.

Ha! Man, I ran the #1 Greek Website on the net at that time - I was untouchable. :biglaugh: Even had other folk trying to copy it for their 'sister' orgs (which really don't exist, since out of the D9, no one else officially has sisters but us...). Still am, by most standards. Through that site, I probably recruited about 35-40% of the people in Zeta and Sigma that came in between 97 and 2001.

sonshine
04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I know this had to be a joke kerry!!!!!

BlackCalvinist
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I know this had to be a joke kerry!!!!!

Admit it. By the middle of page 2, you started believing it. :biglaugh:

JARZJR
04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Admit it. By the middle of page 2, you started believing it. :biglaugh:

i started blieving it by the middle of the second page until i made that post right before you anounced it, lol for about 10 min. i was like 'it couldn't possibly be", lol

CHRISTion
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Uhh... soooo... NOBODY found it strange that all the sudden, out of the blue, Mr. Calvinist of ALL Calvinists would just happen to come out with news SOOOOO shocking on April 1st?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!? (and for the record, I wouldn't have believed this if he said it on June 11th either)-- I know there have been cases of Calvinists going back to thinking how they used to, but it's very very rare and if he would have tried Mike (expo), Redeemed, Jason and QS would have kidnapped him, put a sack over his head and beat him until he came back to his senses...

Uhhh...so ya... next time come with something believable BC. Like... "I saw a UFO yesterday" ORRR "I just found out today that Oprah is my real mother" or "Me and Joel Osteen will be sharing a stage this weekend as we teach from the scripts" something like that... but BC not being a calvinist? :no:

The_Expositor
04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Uhh... soooo... NOBODY found it strange that all the sudden, out of the blue, Mr. Calvinist of ALL Calvinists would just happen to come out with news SOOOOO shocking on April 1st?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!? (and for the record, I wouldn't have believed this if he said it on June 11th either)-- I know there have been cases of Calvinists going back to thinking how they used to, but it's very very rare and if he would have tried Mike (expo), Redeemed, Jason and QS would have kidnapped him, put a sack over his head and beat him until he came back to his senses...

Uhhh...so ya... next time come with something believable BC. Like... "I saw a UFO yesterday" ORRR "I just found out today that Oprah is my real mother" or "Me and Joel Osteen will be sharing a stage this weekend as we teach from the scripts" something like that... but BC not being a calvinist? :no:

You call Osteen teaching from the scripts believable??? :tongue:

Gloria
04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again..."You mean."

The_Expositor
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again..."You mean."

Hey, that's a cute lil girl, Glo.

BlackCalvinist
04-02-2008, 02:39 PM
and I'll say it again: :p

Gloria
04-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey, that's a cute lil girl, Glo.

That's my Mani Bear. She's my god daughter :) :cute:

BlackCalvinist
04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
We should have a 'best use of a picture for an avatar' contest. I think you'd win.

JARZJR
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Hall of Fame...

Conviction Music
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
yo, i read the first post without looking at the date and got fooled like a mug! I didnt realize it was that joke till i seen my old posts!

David L
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
hence, the nomination for HOF status.

BlackCalvinist
01-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Probably the third best April fools' joke I ever pulled. :D