PDA

View Full Version : prayer for new church home

Jeffr0cks
01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
I'll be leaving my current home church of 10 years to look for a new church in the next couple of weeks. This is my first time ever looking for a church. I'm excited but at the same time a little scared. Just pray that it will be a smooth transition, that I would trust in God for guidance, and find a place of fellowship that will be solid on the essentials and teach biblical doctrine. thanks

bobo81
01-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Mos def praying for you to find a great church based on the true biblical life and pray you get to meet some fanatical Christians like us there :D

albraggs
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM
i prayed for you.

asia

BlackCalvinist
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Don't know if anyone's been 'tracking' some of Jeff's posts about his home church, but he makes this move after much prayer and after a LOT of time discussing it with his pastor and also studying scripture.

That's a good example to follow. Too often, people are quick to roll out of churches over trivial or non-essential issues - some even take it as an opportunity to run away from solving a conflict or from being put under church discipline. But we are NEVER to leave a church hastily unless they are in serious, open and blantantly unrepentant sin.

Praying for you and CLER, Jeffster.

CLER
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
you know i'm praying for you bro, even you're leaving me all alone. i'll be following you hopefully soon.

Jeffr0cks
01-15-2008, 01:30 PM
thanks folks. appreaciate it. The church i'll be visiting is working to be affiliated with Soverign Grace Ministries (C.J. Mahaney). I've read their faith statement and looks solid. It is an unusual combo of reformed and charasmatic. But nevertheless, they stress theology that is biblical and sound. I'm leaving my home church in about 2 weeks 'under the radar'. Only a handful know I'm leaving, and only claire knows the exact date. I would have left sooner, but my pastor suggested to give it a month so I can step down from my ministries properly. I'm leaving in good terms with my pastor so everything is all good on that front. It just sucks that I'm leaving claire behind. But she will be following suit in the future.

nubia7
01-15-2008, 06:21 PM
prayed....

All the best to you and claire.

The_Expositor
01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
thanks folks. appreaciate it. The church i'll be visiting is working to be affiliated with Soverign Grace Ministries (C.J. Mahaney). I've read their faith statement and looks solid. It is an unusual combo of reformed and charasmatic. But nevertheless, they stress theology that is biblical and sound. I'm leaving my home church in about 2 weeks 'under the radar'. Only a handful know I'm leaving, and only claire knows the exact date. I would have left sooner, but my pastor suggested to give it a month so I can step down from my ministries properly. I'm leaving in good terms with my pastor so everything is all good on that front. It just sucks that I'm leaving claire behind. But she will be following suit in the future.

peep 9marks.com if you haven't already. They have a pretty decent church locator on there.