PDA

View Full Version : Pray For Kenya

skillz
12-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Wassup fam, would you please pray for my country of birth Kenya, E.Africa, Kenya has always been a peaceful and stable country until about two days ago after the conclusion of the elections, violence has erupted everywhere, people killing each other, and burning down houses, i have family members who at this moment are homeless and running for their lives. So please do pray for Kenya.
Happy New Year to you and yours.

KFB
01-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Wassup fam, would you please pray for my country of birth Kenya, E.Africa, Kenya has always been a peaceful and stable country until about two days ago after the conclusion of the elections, violence has erupted everywhere, people killing each other, and burning down houses, i have family members who at this moment are homeless and running for their lives. So please do pray for Kenya.

Will Do

bobo81
01-01-2008, 05:16 AM
Absolutely. Let's pray the Gospel rises there.

trufbetold
01-01-2008, 11:28 AM
I'll pray.

CLER
01-03-2008, 05:42 PM
will pray

RJ of MMM
01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
NP. Got an email from a pastor friend there who's basically said its crazy. Definitely keeping all those there in prayer.

shekinahsmoke
01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Absolutely. Let's pray the Gospel rises there.
:) ditto.

RJ of MMM
01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
This is one of the emails from a friend who is in Kenya now (to give a frame of reference as to how some ministries need prayer and resources now):

Dear Friends, I will appreciate us to pray towards this direction

1. The ethnic violence (murder, rape, destruction of property) continues in Eldoret, Kisumu, Kagamega, Kericho, Nakuru, and other communities especially in Rift Valley. pray that it ceases completely!!!

2. There is poor security in the slums and in most parts of the country even in the cities and it's difficult to get the food, cooking fuel, blankets and clothes to the most vulnerable people who need them -- young women and children especially that are displaced.

3. There is a great need for counseling and true love to the many many, many victims of violence -- murder, rape, looting, -- tens of thousands of people have suffered. Pray for the aid workers to be effective. So many needs!

4. So pray for those responding to God's Spirit not to grow weary in well doing in the midst of the chaos and pain. Pray for church leaders to work closely together so that their efforts are concerted, not conflicting.

5. Pray that poor who do not have access to food in rural areas and slum areas that someone will reach them

6. Pray for the restoration of business that were burn down and looted. Most of the people depend on this for the daily life's needs. God can restore these stolen things by people bringing them burn or by the police searching in people's home to recover the things for people

7. There is a great need for our leaders to face the truth about the ethnic divisions and begin to work towards real reconciliation – How it would delight God's heart to see Kibaki reaching out to the hurting Luo and Luya communities and for Raila to reach out to the hurting Kikuyu communities and for all of Kenya to stand strong against the genocide that has been going on in Rift Valley.

Please pray for order to be restored throughout Kenya. Please pray for Godly wisdom as the pastors and other Christian leaders lead their congregations to meet real and pressing needs through the love and compassion of Jesus. I need this too. Protection and family needs met

James and Carol

bobo81
01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanx for sharing. Gotta keep these folk in our prayers.

skillz
01-15-2008, 11:14 PM
This is one of the emails from a friend who is in Kenya now (to give a frame of reference as to how some ministries need prayer and resources now):

Preciate the support fam, i'm glad to say that there has been some decline in the violence generally, though there are some areas that are still affected, the opposition leader who got defeated still wants the president to step down and xlaims that he doesn't recognize him as the president, last i checked Koffi Annan was to fly down to Kenya and mediate the talks.

For more upto date headline news from Kenya check out this youtube page http://youtube.com/user/NTVKenya

Once again thanks for your prayers fam, it does mean alot to me and other Kenyans spread all across the U.S. and other countries.

RJ of MMM
01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
No prob bro;
To all, here's an email update from my friend who's in Kenya; your continued prayers are most definitely needed all around.

It good to get another opportunity to write you. It is long since I communicated to you. We are here trying to survive by God's grace. The situation in Kenya is on and off so is still unpredictable about when we will have stability in this nation. My city was brought down and it is going to take several years and great financial investment to bring Kisumu city where it is supposed to be.

A week or two ago I got $130 from brother Paul $70 for me and my family and 60 for the children's Home. I was able to just give in some down payment for the last months rent since the landlord wanted money and bought some food for my family and the part for the children I gave it out to brother Peter that buy some school stationary for the children in preparation for school and to feed them. School situation though is still a problem because of chaos everywhere in Kenya.

Now brother we remained with nothing again. since I our business was brought down by looters, we have been actually starving. Since Thursday till Sunday lunch time we have been feeding on unripened mangoes and water. It is was fortunate that we have a mango tree in our property so we our able to have something to eat. In all these God agave us peace regardless of a much that is going on here and there.

On Sunday afternoon, I thought about to borrow 2kilograms of corn floor to make some food and we realized that we did not have vegetable to eat our Ugali with. Then around 3.30pm my son Brian remember his tortoise and he and his cousin Samuel butchered and we eat tortoise meat with Ugali (staff made out maize or corn floor). Friend, right as I write you this email, it is miracle 20 Kenya shillings from a friend that has enabled me to write. I have not had anything since morning and it is now 1.55pm and my family is in the house getting a mango again with water.

Please pray dear friends that God provides for us and that we get money to start this business again. Please pray we are starving and suffering. We do not have anything. I have walked to town and I am walking back again it is hard friend.

Thank you so much for hearing from me and for your prayers. You may not send us [money] bacause you are not able but send your prayers and words of encouragement will help us. Please pray.

Oppose3
01-22-2008, 11:04 AM

wow. you've got my prayers. i've read about this in papers but it hits even harder when someone tells you stories about people they love that are affected.

nubia7
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
praying.....

btate0121
01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
ditto... praying..

clayfilms
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
praying.

RJ of MMM
01-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Just an update, thanks for your prayers.

Thank you very much for covering our country with prayers. We know that God will deliver Kenya because people are pleading with God for Kenya. Yesterday evening the Government and opposition formed a committee to try and end the crisis. This is a very positive step although we know that they have alot of challenges. Pray that this committee that is headed by Kofi Anan, former UN General Secretary will have a breakthrough and give the country a way forward.
We greatly appreciate your prayers.

albraggs
02-01-2008, 06:56 AM
i will keep them in my prayers.