PDA

View Full Version : Prayer...

noblevessel
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Here ya go...well fam I've been going to this school that wasn't the best situation for me personally.The community isn't the most welcoming though it didn't effect me much at first until 2 year later. I did well my first two years hear from the fall of 04 to the spring of 06 maintaining around 3.15 GPA. Then I guess I was doing to much and had a bit of a break down from then after. Anxiety issues followed where i had to go to the counselor on a few occasions. I was too busy as an R.A., member of the Minority Student Association (a founding member because nothing like it existed before), Church Leadership Center, and had an internships at a few local Churches. It was too much and I experienced some disappointments with my mentors who where far from it and I sadly wasted my time trying to help dead end ministries. Also racial tension upped a bit in light of MSA's effort which cause me to develop a disdain for the school and not having a support system up here didn't My studies suffered. My G.P.A. as of now has dipped below a 2.0. I hope to move back home and enjoy the benefits of a hospitable environment, the support of my family, and faith community all of which was lacking at Centenary. Moreover , I plan to take the initiative to utilize any academic assistance (writing labs, etc.) to help me better manage my work load at Xavier University back in the N.O.

Where the prayer comes in is I just need to get accepted in. Been an interestign process as mmost of this has been going on at the last minute but i seem to have the support of the theology department there on my side and a flood of letters of recomendation. I just Pray Go's favor and my actuall qulifications will impact the admission committe when they finally reveiw my application. I desparatley wnat to go there for the fesh start and finish on with my education asap. You prayers are appreicated.

Ladyinlove
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
wow will be praying

noblevessel
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
appreciate it

CHEMAelMC
12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll be praying for you, bro!!! Trust the Lord, He's always faithful!!

God bless you

--Chema

CLER
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
praying for u bro

noblevessel
12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
appreciate the prayer...all my info is in...just need the Admissions Comittee agrees to let me in. I''l keep ya'll informed

noblevessel
12-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Just talked to the admissions department today and they say my application has gone before the admissions comittee. Though for some reason my transcript from the community college I went to hasn't arrived yet though I sent of for it last week and it is in the same city as the school I'm applying to now. Wow...any way its just a matter of waiting. Peace

Gloria
12-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Still praying, B. Let me know.

noblevessel
12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Good news, xavier accepted me. :jiggy: I'm in....just ogt do all the paper work now. Chea! Thanks be to God...I can't front I was worrying. Especially today like F.G. Sanford " ohh ohh...Oh Elizabeth I'm coming to join ya honey" Then I got this letter..what a relief..thanks for ya'll prayers fam.

albraggs
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Congrats to you. Amen, Prasie God:):biggrin::wink: