PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, I'm struggling...

JohnnyPraze
08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
As stated in previous posts, I am struggling with certain doctrines and beliefs...

I have to preach this Wednesday, and I am having the hardest time putting together a sermon, because my mind and spirit are all over the place, and I'm fighting within myself.

My Pastor as always taught sound doctrine, but there are things lately that haven't been sitting right with me. I don't know what to do.

My church teaches things like:
1. Speaking things into existence. (Watch what you say, you may curse yourself. Or "I'm receiving that") [Scripture: "...Speak to the mountain"]
2. Speaking to situations via prayer. ( I bind up that sickness, etc...)

I have more I want to type but I don't want this post to become something its not.

My Pastors messages are not focused on health or wealth, but when it comes up, it's on the lines of "God will give you the desires of your heart".

I don't believe Christians should be broke, but I also don't believe that God wants me to have whatever I want.

I'm having a hard time with my message because right now, I don't want to be accountable for saying the wrong thing.

I haven't talked to my pastor because I'm still praying how to approach the situation, as we are very close.

The last time I preached was last month when he was out of town. My sermon revolved around "our desires vs. his will", as I have been dealing with this for the past 6 months or so.

I am preaching in the middle of a week long revival. I don't want my sermon to sound like, "I'm right, they're wrong, listen to me..."

I think I may get up and preach a 10 minute sermon on Christ crucified, and no one comes to the Father but through the Son. :unsure:

Finally, I dread every time I have to preach. (Perhaps because it's not pleasing to my flesh???) My Pastor believes I am called to Pastor. I however, am not so sure...

Help???:confused:

Prainluda
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Stand Strong. Its probably a good thing that God has put discernment in your thinking on not just accepting anythign a pastor says but looking into things.

IN this rely on Christ and he will come through. The fact is your intentions and mindset seems right and by staying in pray God will help you figure out what to talk about. Nothing wrong with finding inspiration. Try listening to some HHH and you never know some songs might reach out to you.

phil
08-19-2007, 11:51 PM
when a man's heart's desires are lined up with the desires of God, God will give him the desires of his heart

if your pastor is a man of God, he will be able to respect you are a mature christian, even if you disagree on certain doctrinal issues

dont be afraid to touch on the basics of christianity, inner man, relationship with Christ, narrow gate... lots of times we assume folks are saved and dont ever preach repentance and atonement....

God will lead ya fam

Redeemed
08-20-2007, 08:32 AM
As stated in previous posts, I am struggling with certain doctrines and beliefs...

I have to preach this Wednesday, and I am having the hardest time putting together a sermon, because my mind and spirit are all over the place, and I'm fighting within myself.

My Pastor as always taught sound doctrine, but there are things lately that haven't been sitting right with me. I don't know what to do.

My church teaches things like:
1. Speaking things into existence. (Watch what you say, you may curse yourself. Or "I'm receiving that") [Scripture: "...Speak to the mountain"]
2. Speaking to situations via prayer. ( I bind up that sickness, etc...)

I have more I want to type but I don't want this post to become something its not.

My Pastors messages are not focused on health or wealth, but when it comes up, it's on the lines of "God will give you the desires of your heart".

I don't believe Christians should be broke, but I also don't believe that God wants me to have whatever I want.

I'm having a hard time with my message because right now, I don't want to be accountable for saying the wrong thing.

I haven't talked to my pastor because I'm still praying how to approach the situation, as we are very close.

The last time I preached was last month when he was out of town. My sermon revolved around "our desires vs. his will", as I have been dealing with this for the past 6 months or so.

I am preaching in the middle of a week long revival. I don't want my sermon to sound like, "I'm right, they're wrong, listen to me..."

I think I may get up and preach a 10 minute sermon on Christ crucified, and no one comes to the Father but through the Son. :unsure:

Finally, I dread every time I have to preach. (Perhaps because it's not pleasing to my flesh???) My Pastor believes I am called to Pastor. I however, am not so sure...

Help???:confused:

I can empathize with your situation b/c it sounds similar to something I was faced with years ago. Continue to press through in prayer and preparation. I have found that difficult & uncomfortable situation like this are life developing. The LORD is pleased to use them to spur us on to growth. Prepare and preach to enthrall the hearts of the hears with the weight and the wonder of the Cross. Let all the other peripheral material matters be shown to be trivial in comparison.

May the LORD use your message to challenge & change the hearts of the people in attendance & all that would come in contact with a recorded copy of your message (assuming its recorded).

Grace & Peace

Redeemed

son of man
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
don't worry about what you're gonna preach. the Lord may not give you a message until showtime:) just pray and seek His will for the revival. remember, this is His work not yours. all you're responsible for is making yourself available for Him to use. many times we make ourselves available thru prayer, fasting and study. so focus on those things and let God take care of the rest.

be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. when it comes time to preach, if you haven't received a word from the Lord, don't feel like you're obligated to preach. perhaps, there's another person present who received a word. if so, don't be afraid to let someone else have the floor.

ministerbj
08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
don't worry about what you're gonna preach. the Lord may not give you a message until showtime:) just pray and seek His will for the revival. remember, this is His work not yours. all you're responsible for is making yourself available for Him to use. many times we make ourselves available thru prayer, fasting and study. so focus on those things and let God take care of the rest.

be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. when it comes time to preach, if you haven't received a word from the Lord, don't feel like you're obligated to preach. perhaps, there's another person present who received a word. if so, don't be afraid to let someone else have the floor.

well BAM!!! there it is then...lol....
yeah man be led of the Holy Spirit... God will give you what you need for the people.. he's the only one that knows what the people need anyway...Be bold.. don't be afraid to speak.. those things may hurt the Pastor but it's to make the Pastor stronger as well... so you do what GOD says for you to do... Seek Him... Pray, Fast, Pray some more...Listen to Him.. He's gonna speak to you.. and you will come back in here and give the great message on how it went that night.... God is good.. and he is faithful..... be led of the Holy Spirit.. yo if you need someone to pray for you and with you.. hit me up on the pm... and we can do that.....be available...to be used..

JohnnyPraze
08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I had a dream last week that I was preaching like I have never preached before; Preaching with much authority.

So I was working on a sermon regarding salvation and God started to lead me into into a lost salvation message.
My sermon is about people seeking Jesus as giver of things, rather then as Savior and Lord. (What happened to the Cross?)

So that's all good and all, kind of hard too preach, but I was like ok...

So Monday night, the first night of revival, my Pastors sister was the preacher.

She preached Gen 32:26 about Jacob holding on to the Angel.
"She said she had a sermon to preach, but God told her to speak something else.."

She Said I don't even have a title. God just told me to tell them "That I'm gonna bless them".

Here are some quotes of her sermon:

"God wants you to develop the kind of attitude where your no longer asking for the blessing, but rather expecting one."
"Ask and you shall receive"
"He will not withhold any good thing from you"
"We have to tell ourselves, if its out there, we deserve it"
"I will say yes to what you want me to do God, but theres some stuff you have to do for me..."
"All he wants you to know tonight is that he's going to bless you"
"You have to hold on like Jacob and demand your blessing"

Then she extended an invitation to come down if you are in need of something. "I'll pray with you for your blessing"

I was in the back with my heart racing, because everything she was preaching, is the exact opposite of what God gave me???

I'm battling within myself to preach this message, but I know I have to do it.

JohnnyPraze
08-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Pray for me, as I'm not sure whether I should tell my Pastor what happened last night...

My sermon is in no way an attack on her, him, or any other preacher, but It does go against some of the things they teach.

I don't want to undermine his authority...

What do think?

4Sight Sounds
08-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Pray for me, as I'm not sure whether I should tell my Pastor what happened last night...

My sermon is in no way an attack on her, him, or any other preacher, but It does go against some of the things they teach.

I don't want to undermine his authority...

What do think?

I've been trying to avoid this thread...being that it hits so close to home, I didn't want to project my experience in responding...

But honestly, I think the issue is bigger than your preaching. It sounds like you may have had some doctrinal issues for some time now. I think that issue needs to be addressed. The question is how?

You have a responsibility to preach the truth, but you also have a responsibility to the elders of your church.

Personally (be aware, this is my own experience - not necessarily will it be yours), addressing doctrinal issues with your pastor can only work if you have a very good rapport with him. Otherwise, it's like trying to stop a train with the palm of your hand.

Are there others within your church that share similar doctrinal concerns?

son of man
08-21-2007, 03:48 PM
yo i feel you. a couple of months ago i was in a similar situation. i felt like our services were out of order in some aspects. it really disturbed me so i took it to the Lord in prayer. i felt led to address the issue the next time i had an opportunity to minister. however, as time went on, i felt the Lord leading me in a different direction. so when it came time to preach, i went a totally different direction.

when everything was done and said i felt like i did the right thing. the service went a whole lot better and i didn't have to do anything. The Holy Spirit had been dealing with the pastor Himself. He had been feeling conviction. God knew what the deal was but I didn't. I just did what I felt led to do and it looks like things are gonna work themselves out b/c now the pastor has a burden about it.

i didn't wanna have to go there but i made up my mind i would IF that's what the Lord wanted. now i was gonna do it in respect and without stepping on the pastor's toes as much as possible but i was gonna preach what the Lord wanted. i was gonna preach on the baptism with the Holy Spirit b/c i knew that was the root of the problem we had been experiencing. in doing so, many people would have had to come to grips with what the word says. it may be controversial, but it's what the word says.

we shouldn't have to tip toe around what the bible teaches. the Lord gave you a word and a dream. this is a revival and you feel led to preach the gospel. you shouldn't have to walk on eggshells. that's a message that every minister there should be able to say amen to. peep gal. 1:10 and 2 tim 1:7-8 and do what God is telling you to do.:)

now keep in mind, Jesus IS more than a savior. He's a healer, deliverer, provider, etc. but before people can know Him as any of those things, they have to first know Him as Savior. He said seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, THEN all of these things will be added to you.:)

albraggs
08-22-2007, 09:57 AM
My church is teching the same thing. I ask them to show me where they got there info. and the show me bible verses butI realize they they took the bible verse out of context. I been praying about it and trying to found a church when I go off to college. But anyway, I am praying for you. Ask God to guide you in this sisutaton.

clayfilms
08-30-2007, 02:46 PM
hey bro..1st off i'm praying that the Holy Spirit will continue to convict you reagrding preaching God's word nothing but God's word.

all of the authority that the apostles and prophets in the bible had was not because of their office but because the the divine source of thier words.

if you are not preaching the word of God you are only preaching your opinion and you will be held accountable. an ambassador is simply a herald of someone of a higher office that he is representing and bringing a message from.

as you continue to pray about your message ask yourself if you can honestly call the words that you are fixing to preach the word of God.

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. " 2 Cor 5;20

"8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. 11 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. 2 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." Gal 1:8-12

Rina_cz
09-28-2007, 05:08 PM
An updates on this situation?

gospelmessenjah
09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Praying Johnny Praize.