PDA

View Full Version : please lift me up on the throne!!!!!!

topherstyles
08-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Hello fam, I need some pray warriors out there to lift me up.

Umm God has put a burden on my heart for my campus for a long time, but I'v ignored HIM for a while ---until now. 2 semester before I graduate.
All this year I have been getting right with God, learning and growing in the Lord. Preparing Bible Study lessons, and coming up with new ideas for evangelism. Even one day while on my weight bench I heard God say, "I'm giving you my fortitude." (I'm not up for debates about this.)
I thought that was awesome once I looked that word up, but its so not in my character.

Anway longstory short, the enemy is launching an all out mind attack on ya boy.
As soon as I stepped on campus this semeste and saw the depravity, thoughts came into my head like----"WHOA! this is too big for you! Why dose God care about these folk? Who are you to minister to these people? Your not even popular, who wants to listen to you?"

YO! I should have known these thoughts were coming, but I need some co laborers to build me up in the spirit!

PLUS a couple of my friends are shying away from me when they see I'm serious!

I haven't told ya'll this, but my biggest fear is being alone.
So yeah please pray for meeeeee..........

Jason718
08-18-2007, 02:12 PM
just prayed for you fam.

rom 1:16
matt 10:28
jer 5:22

smoke
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
got ya...

sight giver
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
lift'n u up fam..

albraggs
08-22-2007, 09:58 AM
praying

son of man
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM
yo fam, i hate to say it, but sometimes it's lonely serving God. in the garden, the disciples couldn't even stay up and pray for Jesus. then whenever the guards came and took Him away, not a one of His disciples stood with Him. same thing with Paul. most of his ministry partners left him to face imprisonment alone. but in each of those times, God was always there.

i know alot of times there's strength in numbers so that brings comfort and consolation. however, don't forget that 1 man with God is a majority. be strong and encouraged.:)

topherstyles
08-27-2007, 07:50 PM
yo fam, i hate to say it, but sometimes it's lonely serving God. in the garden, the disciples couldn't even stay up and pray for Jesus. then whenever the guards came and took Him away, not a one of His disciples stood with Him. same thing with Paul. most of his ministry partners left him to face imprisonment alone. but in each of those times, God was always there.

i know alot of times there's strength in numbers so that brings comfort and consolation. however, don't forget that 1 man with God is a majority. be strong and encouraged.:)
WOW! :eek:
Umm ok........

dhatroit
08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
i got u man
i've gotten a tugging toward the black community at my school (Brown-the one in Rhode Island) and i've been in it for a little while, and God seems to be getting some things ready for next year!!!!!

i hope that's encouragement

don't give UPP!!!!!! God's good!

peace

what school are you at?

dhatroit
08-27-2007, 11:10 PM
not to steal your thunder, but if you guys could lift us both up and our campuses, that'd be gooooood!

shekinahsmoke
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
YES SIR! :) Go ahead soldier!

clayfilms
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
i praise God for the desire that he has placed in you to draw near to him in prayer and study of His word. I also praise God for the desire that he has placed in you to see men and women saved..i pray that God would continue to place a burden in your heart for the lost and would even provide 1 or 2 older brothers in your area that can walk with you and pour into your spiritually. peep jeremiah chapter 1 when you get a chance