PDA

View Full Version : Need a friend going through sum stuff

chozzen
08-03-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm struggling with depression and would like if someone could help me out with a prayer. I don't feel a need for living anymore and just can't remember the last time i was really happy. I'm trying to pick myself bak up so i joined in CMR and HCR hoping it will help. i jus feel like being a christian has too many limits. It feels like everything is WRONG! its like i have to pray before i even take a step coz it myt be wrong... I know what i'm feeling is bad after everything Christ did for me but i can't help the way i feel. Anyone feeling me? plz help
Chozzen

nubia7
08-03-2007, 08:19 AM
and do you want to talk about why you are feeling like Christianity is limiting you...some examples will help.

chozzen
08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, in the begining when i became a christian everything was cool coz i was new to the whole thing but now it seems like i can't do anything without feeling bad about it. i heard secular music is wrong which is my biggest struggle which i finally gave up about 2years ago but now have given bak into temptation. i could handle that but someone told me singers like MARYMARY are wrong to listen to becoz they were found on LLCool Js album even tho they were gospel! I also heard that wearing all kinds of labels are wrong like nike don't get me wrong i do wanna be dedicated to God but i wanna be honest and truthful about it i'm just asking for some help. i can't even turn bak to the world any way so as far as i'm concerned i've only got one choice
chozzen

BondServant
08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Praying fam. We have some counselors on the board, I'ma hit them up.

chozzen
08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
thanx

nubia7
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, in the begining when i became a christian everything was cool coz i was new to the whole thing but now it seems like i can't do anything without feeling bad about it. i heard secular music is wrong which is my biggest struggle which i finally gave up about 2years ago but now have given bak into temptation. i could handle that but someone told me singers like MARYMARY are wrong to listen to becoz they were found on LLCool Js album even tho they were gospel! I also heard that wearing all kinds of labels are wrong like nike don't get me wrong i do wanna be dedicated to God but i wanna be honest and truthful about it i'm just asking for some help. i can't even turn bak to the world any way so as far as i'm concerned i've only got one choice
chozzen

thanks bondservant for hitting up the counselors...
i'm gonna let them convo with chozzen but i do want to encourage you to continue your pursuit to be different to from the world. i read an awesome article by trip lee.."young and unashamed" click here (http://www.reachrecords.com/index.php). Go to articles at the bottom left of the page. i think it would encourage you in this and give you a proper view of why we are to be different. it sounds like the Lord is pricking your heart about things He doesn't like and this is primarily the reason you should stop listening to music that promotes fornication, greed, and lawlessness. As believers we should desire the things that pleases the Lord and Glorifies Him. As far as certain labels on your clothing is concerned, that is a non-essential issue that you would have to grapple with. the real question, "Is my clothing modest (properly covering my body to not cause someone to lust)?".

finally, i am encouraged because it sounds like the Lord is just growing you. please consider enjoying Him and the Great things He has done on the Cross for you so that you can live for His Glory.

savedbygracealone
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
ah wow, i'm praying for you chozzen...

7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

remember what you are living for... what you are striving toward! our life here is just a flash, a blink compared to eternity... one that Christ bought for us with His blood, that we press on toward the mark so that we might be with Him in heaven for all eternity!

albraggs
08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I got you on my prayer list. Trust God

montenell
08-04-2007, 03:03 PM
praying for you

CLER
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
prayed for you.

The_Expositor
08-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm going to keep you in my prayers. God bless you.