PDA

View Full Version : Deceivers @ my door.

LUPE
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
The Jehovas Witnesses payed me a visit this morning. That was a strange experience. I was wonderin' if any of you guys have resources to refute their teachings.

The_Expositor
07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
The Jehovas Witnesses payed me a visit this morning. That was a strange experience. I was wonderin' if any of you guys have resources to refute their teachings.

There are some really good resources on sermonaudio.com for refuting Mormonism and JW teaching. PM me and when I get home, I'll look up some stuff for you.

phatcatholic
07-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Go to the following link for 72 articles refuting the J-dub's:
http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat/230

Da'Legend
07-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Resources? Yea jus don't bother. Im sure many will agree wit me here, it jus ain't worth all that trouble. My mom tells me, if u argue wit a fool, then that makes us both fools. Thats jus me tho.

daveski
07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
lupe,

go to www.carm.org or www.apologeticsindex.com

the major things to stick to are: the trinity, the deity of Christ, the deity of the Holy Spirit. they believe Jesus was the Archangel Michael who later became a man and the deny they physical resurrection of Christ and His redemptive work.

i once was visited 3x by the same JW. the first time was on a Sunday after church in which his wife got mad at me and yelled at me (in my crib) and told me that i was just trying to push my beliefs on her husband. :shocked:
she then "conveniently" said they had another appt. to go to and they left.

the next time he came alone and i drilled him about their history and C.T. Russell's lack of credibility. so he got irritated at that and left, but promised to return with more info.

the third time he came he had one of his "brothers", a more studied one. but all he did was regirgitate their basics and asked me questions like, "How come the word trinity isn't in the Bible?" and "Why doesn't the word Jehovah appear in the NT?" well i stuck to my guns about the nature of Jesus and even showed them differences between my Bible and their New World Translation. truly they were spiritually blind as they couldn't see the implications of John 1:1 in their NWT. it says Jesus was a god, not God. so then I challenged them by saying they were polytheistic and they vehemently denied that. their rendition of "god" wasn't "God". but neither of them could fully defend their point. then I took them to Hebrews 1 and they completely missed the identity of Christ there. pretty soon they gave up and wanted to reschedule. i told them to find me historical documents to prove that their NWT was a divine work and not the work of C.T. Russell and other "scholars" not trained in Greek and Hebrew. the NWT has several inserts and edits that are grammatically incorrect when you translate the english back to greek or hebrew. i never saw them again......

it really is spiritual blindness and we need to pray for those deceived by wrong doctrine and be able to reason with them the grace of God in Christ.

d.

LUPE
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Resources? Yea jus don't bother. Im sure many will agree wit me here, it jus ain't worth all that trouble. My mom tells me, if u argue wit a fool, then that makes us both fools. Thats jus me tho.

I'm interested in knowing where their teachings err.

As an aside: I personally feel that every Christian Church should offer classes to equip beleivers regarding the JW's false teachings... I know we could all benefit by knowing the facts.

LifeInReturn
07-31-2007, 02:15 PM

What if this were our attitude concerning everyone ? What if we were never given the Gospel because someone felt we weren't 'worth' it ? None of us, truly are 'worth the trouble'. The Gospel is powerful and sufficient. You never know what the Lord may be doing in their heart, but regardless of the circumstance, we're to be obedient to the Lord when He tells us to 'go ye thereforth'...

Da'Legend
07-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Well I hav never talked to one, so I really don't kno how that goes.
I kno my mom has, and maybe shes jus tried so much in the past.

phatcatholic
07-31-2007, 02:17 PM
What if this were our attitude concerning everyone ? What if we were never given the Gospel because someone felt we weren't 'worth' it ? None of us, truly are 'worth the trouble'. The Gospel is powerful and sufficient. You never know what the Lord may be doing in their heart, but regardless of the circumstance, we're to be obedient to the Lord when He tells us to 'go ye thereforth'...word.

LUPE
07-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Well I hav never talked to one, so I really don't kno how that goes.
I kno my mom has, and maybe shes jus tried so much in the past.

They're focused on their mission. They don't know that they're completely deluted. It sad in a way. But it's also very destructive what they do.

Da'Legend
07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Yea, really the reason why she tells me not to, is cuz u gotta be straight wit word, and doctrine or else these dudes gonna punk u the whole time.

seal
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Yo,

Let them cats have it b/c they either woke you up or interuptted your day, so the best thing you can do for them is give them the Truth teachings of the scriptures. They are very nice people for the most part and open to theological challenges. Some get irrate but I've only had that happen once at my job.

Exodus 33 is the JW dismantler. Please have them explain beyond what they call a Theophany. Why does Moses talk face to face with God and then ask again to see God's Face if they are seperate entities?

Also Hebrews 1 and Psalms 102.... This usually brings either a confession of Truth or a end to the conversation.

First make sure you are using their Bible and not your own b/c you want to prove this without a shadow of a doubt in their mind you are telling them the Truth that their own Bible says. Take them to Hebrews 1:

And read down from 1-7 then ask them what they believe this passage is saying. They will give you a list of answers saying that Christ was the first being created and things of that sort but this still doesn't mean he is God. Then it's time to drop the bomb. Read vs. 8-10 and ask them who are these two verses talking about. They must of course say Christ. Then ask them are they sure if they reply yes. Then flip over to Pslams 102 in their Bible all this time and show them these verses.

25 Of old You laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
26 They will perish, but You will endure;
Yes, they will all grow old like a garment;
Like a cloak You will change them,
And they will be changed.

Tell them that the Psalmist is speaking of Jehovah in this passage and that the Hebrew writer is saying that the Father sayeth this of the Son. I got this from Equip.org and it really helped me show them that Christ is the God Man.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

JARZJR
07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Yo,

Let them cats have it b/c they either woke you up or interuptted your day, so the best thing you can do for them is give them the Truth teachings of the scriptures. They are very nice people for the most part and open to theological challenges. Some get irrate but I've only had that happen once at my job.

Exodus 33 is the JW dismantler. Please have them explain beyond what they call a Theophany. Why does Moses talk face to face with God and then ask again to see God's Face if they are seperate entities?

Also Hebrews 1 and Psalms 102.... This usually brings either a confession of Truth or a end to the conversation.

First make sure you are using their Bible and not your own b/c you want to prove this without a shadow of a doubt in their mind you are telling them the Truth that their own Bible says. Take them to Hebrews 1:

And read down from 1-7 then ask them what they believe this passage is saying. They will give you a list of answers saying that Christ was the first being created and things of that sort but this still doesn't mean he is God. Then it's time to drop the bomb. Read vs. 8-10 and ask them who are these two verses talking about. They must of course say Christ. Then ask them are they sure if they reply yes. Then flip over to Pslams 102 in their Bible all this time and show them these verses.

Tell them that the Psalmist is speaking of Jehovah in this passage and that the Hebrew writer is saying that the Father sayeth this of the Son. I got this from Equip.org and it really helped me show them that Christ is the God Man.

Hail King Jesus,
seal

That's good stuff, fam...

LUPE
07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Yo,

Hail King Jesus,
seal

Thank you for breakin' it off like that. Those are powerful proofs about Jesus' divinity.

seal
08-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Thank you for breakin' it off like that. Those are powerful proofs about Jesus' divinity.

Soli Deo Gloria fa sho!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

God's Elect
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Lupe beware, they come in two's and 3's... I had 4 of them gang up on me, had to run in my library and get my sword and chase them out. lol But serious
pray for the Holy Spirit to speak for you before witnessing to them.