PDA

View Full Version : I need help fam...quick!

djHeir
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I can log into my pc at home from work and I caught my wife's little brother looking at stuff that he has no business looking at. I actually had a very long talk with him on Saturday about sexual purity and how he needs to flee fornication, to which he responded very well. I even called him a few minutes ago and asked how he was doing on "fleeing" and he said he was doing great. Few minutes later, he's on Bebo or whatever the sites are commenting on shorty's backside. Dude is 15 and claims up and down that he's a Christian but I see no fruit. I really don't know what to do with this dude. Any advice?

I thought about calling him and telling him that I've had his mom sitting with me watching everything he's done. Is that considered lying even if I plan on telling him that it's not true after he poops his pants?

Lynaz24
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Yea, it is lying..Honestly all you can do is give him biblical truth and pray for dude. God will handle the rest..Maybe install that X3 accountability program..Maybe you can confront him with the printouts, if it shows up and then maybe he'll listen..Cuz most teens will probably lie about it..Then again he may not think anything's wrong with flirting..Talk to him about that too..

Da'Legend
07-30-2007, 04:21 PM
After he poops in his pants...:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Jus encourage him man. I struggle alot(don't we all). I got one of my best homies helpin me out in this area, and we all need a mentor like my boy and u. So don't lose that, and be patient wit him like God is wit all of us.

Poops in his pants:cute:

Da'Legend
07-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Yea, it is lying..Honestly all you can do is give him biblical truth and pray for dude. God will handle the rest..Maybe install that X3 accountability program..Maybe you can confront him with the printouts, if it shows up and then maybe he'll listen..Cuz most teens will probably lie about it..Then again he may not think anything's wrong with flirting..Talk to him about that too..

Ooh now that u said that. Tell me wats wrong wit flirting or "jus messin around" cuz I got a close friend(the one from that thread about florida) that blows me off every time I tell him its wrong. Why do u think its wrong.

BTW I don't mean to get off subject, this is jus in perintheses aight!

Lynaz24
07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Ooh now that u said that. Tell me wats wrong wit flirting or "jus messin around" cuz I got a close friend(the one from that thread about florida) that blows me off every time I tell him its wrong. Why do u think its wrong.

BTW I don't mean to get off subject, this is jus in perintheses aight!

I believe that could fall into the scripture about "Course Joking"..I can't put my finger on where it's in the word right now..I wanna say James, but I could be wrong. Depending on context and what was said.

Back in the day when I first got saved..there was a phrase a lot of my Christians friends would use for women..

"Get Her Saved"...Meaning a girl that looked good we would be like, yeah thats a "Get Her Saved" right there..So we could talk to her, cuz we wanted righteous women..lol..I don't necessarily think that was wrong..lol..but i could see how somebody could say it was bad.
Because we went to the chick and was like "Man I wish you were saved cuz I be hollerin in a second" Could be wrong right? So flirting can be subjective..but talking about a chicks BUTT aint never subjective and it just lustful...lol

Wow..Get Her Saved...lol..old memories..

Da'Legend
07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I believe that could fall into the scripture about "Course Joking"..I can't put my finger on where it's in the word right now..I wanna say James, but I could be wrong. Depending on context and what was said.

Back in the day when I first got saved..there was a phrase a lot of my Christians friends would use for women..

"Get Her Saved"...Meaning a girl that looked good we would be like, yeah thats a "Get Her Saved" right there..So we could talk to her, cuz we wanted righteous women..lol..I don't necessarily think that was wrong..lol..but i could see how somebody could say it was bad.
Because we went to the chick and was like "Man I wish you were saved cuz I be hollerin in a second" Could be wrong right? So flirting can be subjective..but talking about a chicks BUTT aint never subjective and it just lustful...lol

Wow..Get Her Saved...lol..old memories..

hahahaha! Very funny! I can relate to "get her saved memories." We didn't call em that tho, we would jus say,"Dag if that gurl wuz christian..."

Devin
07-30-2007, 05:46 PM
i dont think thats a joking matter.the "get her saved" attitude is wrong and can cause NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.relationships in general i believe can be problematic.especially if you are a christian man (thats trying to be sexually pure)and you are attracted to a female thats not a christian.its a very serious matter fellas.

Da'Legend
07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Keyword memories

A memory has to do with the past. I would understand if I wuz like," yea dawg I go up to girls and be like,'shawty if u wuz saved'" But I don't, he don't, we don't.

My older friends tell me stories bout when they would look like idiots throwed in the clubs. We all laugh cuz of how dumb they were, cuz we no they aint like that anymore. We wer talkin bout the pranks we used to do bak when we wer bad, in another thread.

I feel like everytime I post somethin, I say sumthin wrong, cuz u always say stuff. Hav I offended u in any way?:wubclub:

sonshine
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
All you can do is be there for him, give him biblical truth and pray for him...he will choose which way he wants to go, but always believe he will make the right choice and never give up on him!!!

Devin
08-01-2007, 02:29 AM
Keyword memories

A memory has to do with the past. I would understand if I wuz like," yea dawg I go up to girls and be like,'shawty if u wuz saved'" But I don't, he don't, we don't.

My older friends tell me stories bout when they would look like idiots throwed in the clubs. We all laugh cuz of how dumb they were, cuz we no they aint like that anymore. We wer talkin bout the pranks we used to do bak when we wer bad, in another thread.

I feel like everytime I post somethin, I say sumthin wrong, cuz u always say stuff. Hav I offended u in any way?:wubclub:

nope.not offended.i understand it was in the Past.it's just a serious issue because alot of people are fooled by that stuff.its all good though.:smile:

seal
08-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I can log into my pc at home from work and I caught my wife's little brother looking at stuff that he has no business looking at. I actually had a very long talk with him on Saturday about sexual purity and how he needs to flee fornication, to which he responded very well. I even called him a few minutes ago and asked how he was doing on "fleeing" and he said he was doing great. Few minutes later, he's on Bebo or whatever the sites are commenting on shorty's backside. Dude is 15 and claims up and down that he's a Christian but I see no fruit. I really don't know what to do with this dude. Any advice?

I thought about calling him and telling him that I've had his mom sitting with me watching everything he's done. Is that considered lying even if I plan on telling him that it's not true after he poops his pants?

LOL... Dude that's hilarious, but it would be lying. You must be honest with those you are minstering to b/c your words and deeds are all you have. If he were to find out you didn't tell his mother before you got a chance to tell him then you may lose his trust. Definitely challenge him on what it means to be in Christ and what the desires of the heart must be set on. Galatians 5 is definitely a good passage to go to which I see you alluded to. Give him the nitty gritty of the subject and voice your concerns with his issue and tell him must turn from this sinful lust. Charge him to keep his profession and examine himself in the light of scripture of the God he names on his lips yet his life is showing he's far away. Now be really calm even if he gets a little fickled by your confrontation. Just know that if it is God's Will he'll repent in due time and open up to you but you must be honest with him. This also may not happen over night but continue to exhort him to live according to his profession...

Hail King Jesus,
seal

djHeir
08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll be honest fam, I was a little heated when I made this post cause dude reminds me so much of myself when I was his age (very scary) and his lying is sooo off the chain. I decided to pitch it to him like this:

-How would you react if I told you that from the time I left to the time I just came home, I've been recording everything you've done online and will be playing the tape for your church this Sunday? (to which he responded very nonchalantly, "that'd be fine")

-How would you react if I told you that I'm gonna play that same tape for your mom & dad right now? (same stupid reaction)

I ended our convo with a stern command for him never to do what he was doing on my computer (or in my house for that matter), then I installed parental filtering on my pc and basically blocked every smutty sight that he was frequenting. Sad that it had to come to that but hey...

Thanks for the advice though fam