PDA

View Full Version : Ask Soul P Anything

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
HCR La Familia (c) Vic,

I'm interviewing Soul P tomorrow at 12 NOON EST for my HCR show. I wanted to give you guys the oppurtunity to list questions that you want him to asnwer. I know many of you have had questions or even concerns about his album, the direction of his ministry etc, and this is your chance to get all of that out.

Just for some background, the interview was his idea not mine, so anything you want to know, he is willing to talk about. So let me know whats up. If you want to PM the question, thats fine too.

But notice I said 12 Noon, so if you post a question after that, sorry...wont make it. The earlier the better.

Later ya'll.

LaRosa
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
why the switch from the underground style/sound on your first 2 albums to a more commercial sound/style/look with the Beatmart release?

lj.

LaRosa
07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
what's more important for you to get across in your music 1) dealing with social topics and ills or 2) a gospel message and teaching biblical principles?

lj.

DillonChase
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Whats more effective in seeing souls saved, and Christians grow; the words of Christ, or a lifestyle set apart from the world by showing love+making positive music?

LaRosa
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Whats more effective in seeing souls saved, and Christians grow; the words of Christ, or a lifestyle set apart from the world by showing love+making positive music?

ok... that was stated much better than my 2nd question :)

lj.

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
LaRosa...Dillon...thanks for the questions.

phil
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
your cover art is bangin

who designed?

savedbygracealone
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
how often do you witness (through means other than your music) to people? what do you usually say in a witness encounter (if you witness)?

phil
07-26-2007, 03:33 PM
how often do you witness (through means other than your music) to people? what do you usually say in a witness encounter (if you witness)?

you spending to much time with tony!

i take that back... you spending alot of time with tony

BlackCalvinist
07-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I heard four preview tracks from your CD a while back (on the front page of HCR's site) and only one mentioned God (generically). No mention of Christ, sin, salvation, repentance and faith. Why is that ?

savedbygracealone
07-26-2007, 04:10 PM
what is the most important thing you have learned from your experiences as a holy hip hop artist?

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
From these questions....and knowing how real S-P keeps it...this is gonna be a bangin interview. My prayer that it aint just a good interview, but that it blesses folks.

Jeffr0cks
07-26-2007, 04:17 PM
What scriptures are you currently studying and what have you been learning from it?

BlackCalvinist
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Tell us about the assembly you worship and fellowship at.

What's the number one thing you want people to walk away from your music with ?

alexmedina
07-26-2007, 04:23 PM
What inspires your creative process, as to what songs to write about and how to address the topics you do?

newchild116
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
why change the name from soul plasma to plain soul p?

newchild116
07-26-2007, 04:34 PM
do you consider your latest album to be a positive lyrics album or more of a gospel album?

WUNGOD
07-26-2007, 04:42 PM
is soul p performing in schenectady ny?

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Have you listened to his music before? JUst curious because it doesn't appear that way based on some of your questions.

joseph29
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Well since he's from Portland ask him if the blazers should've gotten Durant instead.

But my real question is who was he targeting when he made this album? To me it seemed like the slower songs were more heartfelt and the lyrics were better. While the "party" tracks had simple lyrics, and in my opinion simple beats.

LaRosa
07-26-2007, 05:08 PM
i own all 3 of his albums... 4 if you count Acts 29

lj.

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
i own all 3 of his albums... 4 if you count Acts 29

lj.

you probably listen to more HHH than anyone i know.

StreetSermonz
07-26-2007, 05:13 PM
So far excellent questions! I'm looking forward to the interview.

Ask him how he began making HHH music and who his influences have been?

Has he ever done any music with other HHH emcees? I remember reading once he was good friends with Othello from lightheaded... any plans for collabos?

Does he regret any decisions he has made thus far in his music career?

DJ Wade-O
07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
So far excellent questions! I'm looking forward to the interview.

Ask him how he began making HHH music and who his influences have been?

Has he ever done any music with other HHH emcees? I remember reading once he was good friends with Othello from lightheaded... any plans for collabos?

Does he regret any decisions he has made thus far in his music career?

Him and Braille had a group together too. Not sure if Othello was in that group as well....

LaRosa
07-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Him and Braille had a group together too. Not sure if Othello was in that group as well....

Acts 29... Braille, Ohmega Watts & Soul Plasma... that album had appearances by Othello

it was a project they were originally doing for their church youth group... but it grew into a big quality project and was picked up by Syntax Records to be distributed

lj.

dezinee
07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Will he ever come to Oklahoma city?

slimkid24
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Who does he listen to in HHH?

What HHH artists influences him the most?

shekinahsmoke
07-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I heard four preview tracks from your CD a while back (on the front page of HCR's site) and only one mentioned God (generically). No mention of Christ, sin, salvation, repentance and faith. Why is that ?
well someone beat me to the punch. lol

Sketch the Journalist
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Ask him what he thought of that cover story interview article I did on him a for U-Zone Magazine a few months ago. :biggrin:

No, on the cool, ask about his experience overseas (Bolivia, maybe?) with Luis Palau Ministries and how his Christian experience there was different from what he has done here in the States.

Ask about how he goes into public schools to perform and share his light.

Ask about the autographed CD and e-mails he sent to my co-worker's 12 year old daughter.

Ask how he felt then being on her e-mail blast list for silly Internet joke forwards and how her mom found out and made her apologize to P. (True story.)

Ask about his experience as a new father. (I think his wife should have already had the baby by now.)

Ask how he deals with frustrating Internet critics and writers.

Ask about him going from roofing houses to doing music ministry full time.

Sketch

DJ Wade-O
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Interview was dope. SHould be up this weekend.

nubia7
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey Wade-O,

Did u finish the interview with Soul P? If it's not to much time, could you post the interview up on this thread? (Windows mp3 please!!:)) Thanks, fam!!

DJ Wade-O
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm a bum. I'll try to have it up today or tomorrow. Its done. I just been a bum about things. I had some trouble with my feed on HCR but I think I'm good now, so I'll try to get it up soon

Japan
08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
To be honest, I listened to Soul P's album recently and I will say that I enjoyed it. I have also listen to the old albums around the same time. The previous albums had an "underground"(not sure why we have these labels) feel to it. The Beatmart release is more shiny but his lyrics are still consistent with his underground flows from his pre-beatmart days.

So in my perspective I enjoyed the record. My draw back is TC produced most of the album but he honestly did a good job on this album though. I think the lead single should have been "Step Clap" instead of Whoa Whoa!!!
The new Tony Stone Produced single: Goodness is my favorite song on the album!!!