PDA

View Full Version : pray for us please...

CLER
07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
please pray for me and our brother in Christ, Jeff (jeffrocks) as we approach our pastor and pour out our burdens to him about what is happening at our church, i.e. unbiblical Gospel presentation, etc. Before we leave our church (a decision that jeff and i made separately), we want to appeal to our pastor to prevent producing more false converts at our church. We will be doing a lot more studying to back up our appeal to our pastor with Scriptural references and when we're ready, we're going to do it hopefully by the end of August. I am scared to what is ahead of us, but I know this is all for the glory of God.

Thank you in advance for your prayers. Thank you for the folks on here that do not realize how much they have helped and encouraged me seek for the truth and pursue holiness.

BlackCalvinist
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Amen. :)

Gotcha. That's a hard thing you're choosing to do, but you're doing it the right way.

montenell
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
praying

nubia7
07-16-2007, 02:51 PM
will do, sis.......

Jeffr0cks
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks fams...

naijagirl
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Praying...I'll never have the courage to go back to my mom's and say stuff like that. I really understand your plight.

LifeInReturn
07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Got ya :)

BondServant
07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be praying, but if you don't mind me asking, what about the gospel presentation is unbiblical?

savedbygracealone
07-17-2007, 04:04 PM
praying now

CLER
07-18-2007, 02:37 PM
I'll be praying, but if you don't mind me asking, what about the gospel presentation is unbiblical?

Seeker friendly. Every time my pastor or even elders at church present the Gospel... before they present it they talk about blessings this, Jesus will make everything better. Then if you feel that there's something missing in your life, you want blessings in your life, ask Jesus into your heart because He died for your sins. Tells people to say the sinner's prayer that is very short and simple "Lord, I'm sorry for my sins, I accept you as my Lord and Savior, etc." Then now that you have done that, you are now welcome into God's kingdom, you are now saved and God will bless you! There's no follow-up after this.
Repentance is mentioned in the sinner's prayer, but it's never explained. I have seen many people who have come up to that altar and proclaiming that they are saved, but it isn't evident in their lives. I know there is a struggle, but there will be changes if they are really saved.
There's much more at my church, jeff if i missed anything , you can help me out.

Jeffr0cks
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
we brought this topic up (lightly) to our pastor months ago. We even gave him a copy of Paul Washer's sermon during that one youth conference he spoke at and Ray Comfort Hell's Best Kept Secret. In that sermon, P. Washer slammed the sinner's prayer and asking Jesus into your heart. He found Washer's sermon a tough word, but people needed to hear it. He agreed that we aren't saved just by "accepting" Him. Few weeks later, he sort of said the same things Paul Washer mentioned. He said we aren't saved by accepting him, instead he said we were saved by grace thro faith.. deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow him... ect... He mentioned repentance and sin, but no emphasis, or explanation of what it really meant. It was going well for a minute, then a few months later, he went back into the "accept" Jesus thing again up until the present. Its very much about meeting people's felt needs lately. There's some other stuff too like no church discipline. No evangelism program, we brought up WOTM because we ran our youth through it, but he called it too radical and felt it wouldn't be effective.

In a sense, its hard to grow in this church after the stuff i've been exposed to here on HCR, WOTM, preachers mentioned here, and from studying the Word, which i've never really done until I got my study bible and exposed to hermeneutics. I don't crave the spiritual milk anymore so to speak.. I want solid food.

I know some folks here on the board went through the same thing we're going through right now. The consensus that I got from the majority was they don't regret leaving