PDA

View Full Version : Need a place to live...

StreetSermonz
05-30-2007, 12:04 PM
As of tomorrow I have nowhere to live. Right this moment I only have enough money to make my car payment and other bills that are already past due. Here is the deal. I need to find a place to live by Friday. Then an extra $600 a month in income, depending on how much rent is, which is usually about $1000 a month. I know God will continue to supply all my needs. Things always look crazy before His Word comes to pass and I understand that I am just being sifted and His Word is being tested through me to build my faith and give Him glory. So I’m praising Him for already providing. :D

(edit - I just went to see that last apartment and it was jacked up, there is a reason it was only $880 a month)

nubia7
05-30-2007, 12:32 PM
just keep trusting the Lord and i'll keep you lifted........

any options of staying with someone in the meantime?

BondServant
05-30-2007, 12:47 PM
i got u

StreetSermonz
05-30-2007, 12:48 PM
just keep trusting the Lord and i'll keep you lifted........

any options of staying with someone in the meantime?

at this point, no. Thanks for the prayers. :D

savedbygracealone
05-30-2007, 03:58 PM
praying now, otis

albraggs
05-30-2007, 08:01 PM
praying

StreetSermonz
05-31-2007, 08:44 AM
i got u
Thanks bro.

praying now, otis
I appreciate you sis.

praying
I praise God for your faithfulness and for your continual encouragement and intercession for the members of this board. I'm praying for you too sis!! :D

fresh_disciple
05-31-2007, 02:09 PM
hey bro, i know you must be going through a rough time too as well, and i pray that there will truly be a light at the end of the tunnel for you and your family. Continue to hold on, i'll keep you lifted up as well.

StreetSermonz
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
hey bro, i know you must be going through a rough time too as well, and i pray that there will truly be a light at the end of the tunnel for you and your family. Continue to hold on, i'll keep you lifted up as well.

Thanks fam. God is faithful and is providing my every need. I'm just thankful right now for His goodness! :D

dhatroit
05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
praying
God'll provide
He's our Father!

Ladyinlove
05-31-2007, 09:44 PM
i'm praying, continue to keep that big smile on your face. God got you!

phil
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
ever think of moving to NC were you can get a 2 bedroom for 600

that means split the rent = 300

insurance is less

LENZ_1
06-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I got you, bro.

Have you thought about staying in a extended stay hotel for a while, until something comes up?

StreetSermonz
06-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I have a praise report. This morning I received an e-mail that there was a direct deposit in my account last night. When I checked my bank statement there was an extra $2000 in my account!!! :D

HALLELUJAH!!

I was originally registered for classes but had to drop out due to finances, even tho I received some financial aid. The school awarded me the money anyways since they already received the funds.

Here is the thing. God told me to give a specific amount to someone last week from the paycheck I received yesterday. At that point I didn't know my living situation was going to get flipped, but God did. I was faced with a decision to give the money, or pay my bills, or try to get an apartment. I decided to give the money as God instructed me, and just after that the money from school was deposited in my account. Tell me God ain't in control? It's all about faith. Anything done without faith is sin, and faith is the only thing that pleases God. Believe what the Word says, and be obedient. God cannot lie and His Word cannot return Void.

I praise God for all of you that prayed for me, I'll be praying for you as well as we continue forward in our walk with God. May He grant you strength and peace so that you may walk according to the Spirit being led by His Word. Much love fam!

BondServant
06-01-2007, 01:37 PM
that's wusup

StreetSermonz
06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
that's wusup

God is good, I'm excited to see what He has planned for me now regarding a living situation.

DJ D-Lite
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Look at my DADDY show out!

You better start dancing b/c you know it's already done!

luv ya man!

LENZ_1
06-01-2007, 04:51 PM
MAN!!!!!!!! I almost jumped up out my seat hear at work! I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you, bro.

Ladyinlove
06-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I have a praise report. This morning I received an e-mail that there was a direct deposit in my account last night. When I checked my bank statement there was an extra $2000 in my account!!! :D

HALLELUJAH!!

I was originally registered for classes but had to drop out due to finances, even tho I received some financial aid. The school awarded me the money anyways since they already received the funds.

Here is the thing. God told me to give a specific amount to someone last week from the paycheck I received yesterday. At that point I didn't know my living situation was going to get flipped, but God did. I was faced with a decision to give the money, or pay my bills, or try to get an apartment. I decided to give the money as God instructed me, and just after that the money from school was deposited in my account. Tell me God ain't in control? It's all about faith. Anything done without faith is sin, and faith is the only thing that pleases God. Believe what the Word says, and be obedient. God cannot lie and His Word cannot return Void.

I praise God for all of you that prayed for me, I'll be praying for you as well as we continue forward in our walk with God. May He grant you strength and peace so that you may walk according to the Spirit being led by His Word. Much love fam!

:D Dont cha just love it when God do that

albraggs
06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
WOW....I SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Praise God. HE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. :)

StreetSermonz
06-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Thank you all for the prayers, I still haven't found a place to live yet, but I know the LORD has something set aside for me, in the mean time He has been strengthening me and building my faith, always providing. I've been through newspapers, the internet and even a friend who is a leasing agent. I'm excited to see what God has in store! :D

WhyMe
06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm praying for you Otis

StreetSermonz
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm praying for you Otis

Thanks fam. Still haven't found a place to lay my head, but God is still good nonetheless and Jesus is still LORD. :D

str8wisdom
06-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I got you lifted in prayer. This is encouraging. Praise God for your trust in him. I am praising God with you and for you and praying for you. God has this covered. Words can't express but your trust in him during this situation is an encouragement to me and I'm sure others. Keep us posted and I will keep you covered in prayers.

StreetSermonz
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Update: I found an apartment close to the job for $800 a month, with 1 month down plus a security deposit (I dont' have the best credit right now). It will be ready for me this tuesday. With my other bills that are due, I am short $1050.00. Once again I know that God will provide. :D

Thanks again for keeping me in your prayers, I'm praying for you as well!

DJ D-Lite
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Update: I found an apartment close to the job for $800 a month, with 1 month down plus a security deposit (I dont' have the best credit right now). It will be ready for me this tuesday. With my other bills that are due, I am short $1050.00. Once again I know that God will provide. :D

I'm rejoicing with you bro that it's a done deal!

BondServant
06-14-2007, 11:24 AM

praise God fam. He will provide.

StreetSermonz
06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm rejoicing with you bro that it's a done deal!
amen, His will be done :D

praise God fam. He will provide.
Thanks bro, I appreciate the responses. No matter what, He will always provide! He is faithful even in the midst of our unfaithfulness to provide every need.

dhatroit
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
praying

albraggs
06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Prasie God.. I love that you trust God will be ur provider. I praying for u. God Bless

JusThoughtZ
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
prayed for you bro!

StreetSermonz
06-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks fam!!! I have an update. I now have enough money to pay the deposit AND all my bills, and still have enough for spending money on my trip to NY/NJ/Boston this weekend!!! HALLELUJAH!! He provided once again.

I'm going to be meeting my fiance's parents for the first time this weekend, so please keep me in prayer, I don't want my nerves to get the most of me, and I want to give a good first impression. Paul said be anxious for nothing, so I'm making my requests known and believe that God will allow me to be an effective witness of Him.

God is so good, and He has blessed me with an amazing wife. :biggrin:

CLER
06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
woohoo!! you are in my prayers bro. just relax and you'll make a good impression with the parents.

LENZ_1
06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Halle

thankfull
06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks fam!!! I have an update. I now have enough money to pay the deposit AND all my bills, and still have enough for spending money on my trip to NY/NJ/Boston this weekend!!! HALLELUJAH!! He provided once again.

I'm going to be meeting my fiance's parents for the first time this weekend, so please keep me in prayer, I don't want my nerves to get the most of me, and I want to give a good first impression. Paul said be anxious for nothing, so I'm making my requests known and believe that God will allow me to be an effective witness of Him.

Praise the Lord! May the Lord protect you and be with you during the meeting!

JusThoughtZ
06-20-2007, 04:46 PM

bro thats awesome! aahaha and you'll be fine....as long as they don't have a cat name Jinx:cute:

Kyera
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Hope all went well with meeting the soon to be inlaws :)

StreetSermonz
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. Hope all went well with meeting the soon to be inlaws :)

It went OK. I only spent about 10 minutes with them, her father say hi, then sat on the sofa, fell asleep and went upstairs. Me and her mother spoke for a few minutes, but then we left cuz I had to check in to the hotel. I can be real shy when I'm nervous so the conversation wasn't that detailed and I was real quiet - not sure if I left the best impression. :( But that was that, we went to great adventures the next day, then I took a bus to Boston to see my mom. My fiance couldn't make it to Boston with me, but hey, at least I got to spend some time with my wife to be. :jiggy: lol

Oh, and I move into the apartment Friday (LORD's willing)!!! HALLELUJAH!!

Again, thank you all for your prayers and support, I thank God for you and appreciate you all.

montenell
06-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Praise God! glad to hear things are working out for you!

StreetSermonz
06-29-2007, 05:06 PM
This seems like the ungoing thread, but I might as well keep everyone up to date. I went to visit the apartment and the kitchen was disgusting - broken drawers, crusty cubboards, rusty fridge, dishwasher with yellow and orange stains, and this is what did it............ I SAW ROACHES!!! :arghh:

The rest of the apartment wasn't really in the best shape either, so I'm gonna pass. I'm really looking forward to what God has in store!!

God's Elect
06-29-2007, 07:07 PM
If people only knew the power of giving!!! Man, Priase God brah!! Pres down, .... many more to come, hang tight blood.
Jah is Awesome!!

Elect

dhatroit
06-29-2007, 10:04 PM
ill keep praying

Kyera
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
This seems like the ungoing thread, but I might as well keep everyone up to date. I went to visit the apartment and the kitchen was disgusting - broken drawers, crusty cubboards, rusty fridge, dishwasher with yellow and orange stains, and this is what did it............ I SAW ROACHES!!! :arghh:

The rest of the apartment wasn't really in the best shape either, so I'm gonna pass. I'm really looking forward to what God has in store!!

EWWW! Good thinking man, I'm sure there's a better place out there.