PDA

View Full Version : prayer for friend with suicidal depression

fresh_disciple
05-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Hello brethern,

I have a prayer request that needs to be lifted regarding my good friend and his condition right now, as he is going through a depression state right now, more specifically Schizophrenia. We have been best friends since elementary and have been neighbours for so long, both of our families have been real close. Lately over the past year his condition has been getting worse and right now he's suicidal, almost overdosed. He's staying with guidance in an intensive care unit, but his behaviour is causing him to be kicked out and basically into a shelter. His depression state has caused him to turn to drugs and alcohol and become distant with outsiders. His mom has tried everything she can and its paining her to see her son like this. It's crushing me also, seeing and hearing my friend in all of this.
So im earnestly praying to God that He deliver my friend from all of this and bring him to the road of recovery, before its too late. Don't want to see satan take his life. He's just not the same person anymore, and it hurts so bad to know that he is sufferring.
Its also getting harder to see and interact with him with the privacy laws in place at the intensive care center. Praying for a breakthrough in all this, and just want another opportunity to be there with him and show him that i still care and will continue to support him. Know that he has another chance and that life is not over and that it is still worth living.

May 28th was his b-day too, turned 20. Devon is his name. Thank you Lord for his precious life.

So i ask that you pray along with me, that God will restore his life and recovery from all the depression and suicidal intent. That God will help him realize how precious his life really is and that no body has given up on him and that the special love and comfort that he may be seeking will be found in Christ. Also pray for his mom and sister that are going through a rough time and trying to deal with the situation. Pray that God will strengthen and unite this family back together. Pray also for those affected by Schizophrenia, as it has turned out to be a serious plagued illness that is turning young people to resort to suicide. Pray for guidance and comfort to all of those affected, that God will regenerate there lives and deliver them from there condition.

thank you fam, God Bless

nubia7
05-29-2007, 08:25 AM
praying.......................

BlackCalvinist
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
gotcha fam. May the Lord restore his mind properly and have mercy on him with salvation.

shekinahsmoke
05-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Got em. :( If you have the chance to talk to him, love on him and keep speaking about the joy and peace in Christ. If he reaches a better mind state, give him a reverse gospel (speaking about yourself rather than questioning him) and stress God's mercy and kindness.

fresh_disciple
05-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Thank you all for your prayers, apperciate it. I'm going to go see him this afternoon, praying that this encounter will bring more comfort and openess to the situation.

CLER
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
praying for your friend fam. mental illness is a hard thing, but we have a bigger God.

CHEMAelMC
05-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Hello brethern,

I have a prayer request that needs to be lifted regarding my good friend and his condition right now, as he is going through a depression state right now, more specifically Schizophrenia. We have been best friends since elementary and have been neighbours for so long, both of our families have been real close. Lately over the past year his condition has been getting worse and right now he's suicidal, almost overdosed. He's staying with guidance in an intensive care unit, but his behaviour is causing him to be kicked out and basically into a shelter. His depression state has caused him to turn to drugs and alcohol and become distant with outsiders. His mom has tried everything she can and its paining her to see her son like this. It's crushing me also, seeing and hearing my friend in all of this.
So im earnestly praying to God that He deliver my friend from all of this and bring him to the road of recovery, before its too late. Don't want to see satan take his life. He's just not the same person anymore, and it hurts so bad to know that he is sufferring.
Its also getting harder to see and interact with him with the privacy laws in place at the intensive care center. Praying for a breakthrough in all this, and just want another opportunity to be there with him and show him that i still care and will continue to support him. Know that he has another chance and that life is not over and that it is still worth living.

Yesterday was his b-day too, turned 20. Devon is his name. Thank you Lord for his precious life.

So i ask that you pray along with me, that God will restore his life and recovery from all the depression and suicidal intent. That God will help him realize how precious his life really is and that no body has given up on him and that the special love and comfort that he may be seeking will be found in Christ. Also pray for his mom and sister that are going through a rough time and trying to deal with the situation. Pray that God will strengthen and unite this family back together. Pray also for those affected by Schizophrenia, as it has turned out to be a serious plagued illness that is turning young people to resort to suicide. Pray for guidance and comfort to all of those affected, that God will regenerate there lives and deliver them from there condition.

thank you fam, God Bless

Hey, disciple, God bless you, thanks for sharing this with us..

I have a question.. do you know the reason of his depression??

I went through a very hard and deep depression 7 years ago.. while I was goin' through it I thought it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.. it lasted for half a year (from jan 2000 to july 2000).. and it was caused because of school stuff, I had just graduated from college and was about to start my thesis project, but when I started I got so stressed about that I couldn't understand a thing I was reading (I to read a lot of books).. so I started to think that I had wasted time and that I didn't learn a thing while in college... and it got the extreme that I got to think I was good for nothin'.. so I gave up, went home... with the mentality of never be workin' in my field.... defeated and with the thought I was useless... and it came to the point that I wanted to kill myself... why was I livin' for?... I couldn't do anything.. but thank God, I never did it... so, like 6 months later I got off the depression and everything changed for me.. before the depression I was realy shy and my self-esteem was pretty low.. after that, the shyness was gone, and I realize I could do anything I put my mind into it.. unfortunately in the process I became atheist... one time during the depression I started to pray (the catholic way, using repetitions) to God to see if He could take all the pain and stress that I felt.. but I had no answers.. so I said "there is no God".. and after the depression I went back to school, finish my thesis, obtained my BS, I studied a lil' more to obtain my MD, and during that process God reached me...
While in the depression I read a lot of articles in the Reader's Digest mags about the depressions, shyness, low self-steem and how to overcome all of that...
One way to overcome a depression is through physical activity (like joggin' or lifting weights... liftin' weights is most appropriate).. and it also it is very important the support of the people that surrounds the depressed person, they must be very careful how they talk to him... everybody around the person must be very positive and optimist... and must not put more "baggage" on the person to carry.. I thank God for my parents, because they understood me and supported me all the way through my depression.. .if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here... I also had my best friend by my side (in this case that best friend is you, bro) and he supported me as well... now, with the Holy Spirit guiding you, you can be of a lot of help to him... now that I remember, during my depression I bought a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale, if you have a chance to buy that and give it (or read it to your friend) do that bro... (that's why I started to pray to God during my depression), one of Peales recommendation is to read and memorize verses and passages for the Bible which encourages you (Like Phillipians 4:13)... also, fast and pray for your friend a lot, bro...

I hope this helps.. and trust in God bro, He will be glorified throught this situation!

God bless you

--Chema

RJ of MMM
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Praying...

clayfilms
05-29-2007, 04:44 PM
hey man..i'm sorry to hear about your friend...but i praise God that he's got a friend like you...when you see him/talk to him and are tempted to despair remember that The Lord our God is a rock, a fortress and a DELIVERER and there is nothing to hard for him. i'll be interceding for you and devon..be blessed!

Lady Car
05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Praying as well....

albraggs
05-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Im very sorry to hear about that. I want to tell you I have been depressed since I was in k-grade and now 18, it took me till I was 17 to fullly get out of depression. I tried to kill my self many times. what I'm saying is God is a POSSIBLE GOD, he help me and can help ur friend. I pray for your friend and the family. Hold on to God's Word. Will be praying.

dhatroit
05-30-2007, 12:28 AM
praying...
i've been there
keep praying, family

fresh_disciple
05-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks once again fam for the prayers and support it really means a lot. I went to see my friend Devon today and it was good, we got to talking about life and whats been going on lately. He explained to me that he doesn't want to turn to the suicide road again and just wants a fresh start in life. Opened up to him about God and how precious are lives really are and how God can bring us out of any situation, no matter how low it may be or how bad our past may be. How God was able to change and transform me to a newness of life and that He can do the same thing for him.

Also opened up to the other residents that were staying there with him. Having some deep conversations, how depression is a serious thing and that many of them are searching for a way out and a fresh start. I was there listening to there stories and backgrounds and many are in search of peace, comfort, and love.
I Pray that God will prepare there hearts to receive that peace and love that they are searching and can be found in Christ, many just need the right step in the right direction.

phil
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Jesus!

man, I am praying famo, stay encouraged.... i can't image the difficulty you must be going through when you see a person you love in such a state:(

God can and does heal, trust in him famo! Praise god for the progress already!

savedbygracealone
05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
awe man, i'm praying now!

4Sight Sounds
05-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks once again fam for the prayers and support it really means a lot. I went to see my friend Devon today and it was good, we got to talking about life and whats been going on lately. He explained to me that he doesn't want to turn to the suicide road again and just wants a fresh start in life. Opened up to him about God and how precious are lives really are and how God can bring us out of any situation, no matter how low it may be or how bad our past may be. How God was able to change and transform me to a newness of life and that He can do the same thing for him.

Also opened up to the other residents that were staying there with him. Having some deep conversations, how depression is a serious thing and that many of them are searching for a way out and a fresh start. I was there listening to there stories and backgrounds and many are in search of peace, comfort, and love.
I Pray that God will prepare there hearts to receive that peace and love that they are searching and can be found in Christ, many just need the right step in the right direction.

That's good news.......

What a painful and confusing situation to find one's self in. My heart goes out to your friend, his family, and to you.

PM'ing you.....

StreetSermonz
05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm praying.

Kyera
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm most certainly lifting Devon and his family up with the rest of you.