PDA

View Full Version : Bible Fight

RJ of MMM
05-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Now, before you all get up and arms about the link, please note the site it sits on (read the URL).

Again, if you are easily disturbed by anything remotely poking fun at the Bible, note the URL, then just turn away.

http://www.adultswim.com/games/biblefight/

That all being said. I haven't had this much fun since Mortal Kombat. And the fact that it opened up the door to talk about Christ at work :eek: is just too cool.

The_Expositor
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I personally think this is not a good thing at all. Our weapons of warfare are not carnal. It's a misrepresentation of Christ, first off. I mean, we expect that coming from Adult Swim, but either way, I don't see how we could enjoy this game. Call me too conservative or whatever, but I see this as a horrible thing.

I understand what you're saying about it possibly opening up the door to speak about Christ. But, since when did we need a gory video game depicting Christ and other actual folks in the Bible to open up a witnessing conversation?

Please understand RJ of mmmmmmm, that I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I think we should look at this a bit. It's one thing when folks pick at the Bible. I understand that. But, this is our Lord and Savior we see here, throwing a crown of thorns at folks and bashing them with the cross.

RJ of MMM
05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I personally think this is not a good thing at all. Our weapons of warfare are not carnal. It's a misrepresentation of Christ, first off. I mean, we expect that coming from Adult Swim, but either way, I don't see how we could enjoy this game. Call me too conservative or whatever, but I see this as a horrible thing.

I understand what you're saying about it possibly opening up the door to speak about Christ. But, since when did we need a gory video game depicting Christ and other actual folks in the Bible to open up a witnessing conversation?

Please understand RJ of mmmmmmm, that I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I think we should look at this a bit. It's one thing when folks pick at the Bible. I understand that. But, this is our Lord and Savior we see here, throwing a crown of thorns at folks and bashing them with the cross.

:)
It opened a door at my job because we are designers/developers and most are secular who watch the Cartoon Network Adult Swim content. It's a door. Personally speaking, I took advantage of it the last time someone made a mention about Christ, and I did this time. It's not needed. It was given, and therefore taken. In my job, you have to take what is given (PR industry); too often people will (and have) denied Christ becaue it wasn't PC.

Like you mentioned, its something that should be expected from Adult Swim. I left the pessemistic and offended side of things a while ago; whenever I see secular making a funny or fuss about something in the Body, its an opp to be a witness ;)

the answer
05-11-2007, 06:12 PM
It opened a door at my job because we are designers/developers and most are secular who watch the Cartoon Network Adult Swim content. It's a door. Personally speaking, I took advantage of it the last time someone made a mention about Christ, and I did this time. It's not needed. It was given, and therefore taken. In my job, you have to take what is given (PR industry); too often people will (and have) denied Christ becaue it wasn't PC.

Like you mentioned, its something that should be expected from Adult Swim. I left the pessemistic and offended side of things a while ago; whenever I see secular making a funny or fuss about something in the Body, its an opp to be a witness ;)

Yeah.

i think sometimes we need to take advantage of when the world does things like this. It's a perfect opportunity. We could nit pick, but where does that get us?

its Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29

The_Expositor
05-11-2007, 06:34 PM

I feel you, bro. Sometimes, though, I think we need to let the world know that we don't accept our Savior, Lord and King being dissed openly. I suppose it would open a door, and I also suppose we'd be foolish to not take advantage of that opened door. As long as we're clear with our message, I'm cool with it. But they have to know that this is not acceptable.

BlackCalvinist
05-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Moses throws 10 commandment tablets as one of his special moves.

Noah has three special moves - one draws down a downpour from the sky, the other is where he throws a dove at you (think of Chun-Li's fireball from street fighter)..... and the last one, he whistles, and you get ran over by a stampede of animals.

It plays like Street Fighter Alpha.

I ain't gon' choose Christ, though. :(

the answer
05-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Moses throws 10 commandment tablets as one of his special moves.

Noah has three special moves - one draws down a downpour from the sky, the other is where he throws a dove at you (think of Chun-Li's fireball from street fighter)..... and the last one, he whistles, and you get ran over by a stampede of animals.

It plays like Street Fighter Alpha.

I ain't gon' choose Christ, though. :(

yeah...I couldn't choose the Jesus either:(

too close for me.

The noah one is hilarious

its Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29Eph. 4:29

Royalty Jackson
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
ya so i was Jesus and i lost...thank God the power lies strictly in Him and not I ... we all b dead!

Royalty Jackson
05-11-2007, 08:59 PM
i Keep Losing I Suk At Games!!