PDA

View Full Version : Peter Popoff on Inside Edition News

gospelmessenjah
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oGsg4Qno4

I pray that he repents

The_Expositor
05-06-2007, 10:41 PM
it seems he never learned his lesson. Well, the Bible speaks of these men. I wish that he was the only one, but he's not.

BlackCalvinist
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Folk like him, Marjoe Gortner and others still on TV are more than likely hardened in their sin. That's the only way you can be busted as a fraud - repeatedly - and then keep it up again as a fraud.

The_Expositor
05-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I pray more for spiritual discernment in the Body of Christ.

C-dero
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM

True, people lack even common sense in Churches. We do need to pray.

LUPE
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM

Too many of us as believers suffer from what I call DDD:

Discernment Deficit Disorder.

sonshine
05-07-2007, 07:28 AM
yea im not talking down on him but i dont feel right about him, the whole miracle water thing? you know ima WOF/healing minister type person but miracle water isnt biblical. the annointing comes from time with the lord. Presence = power

gospelmessenjah
05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Im not going to say anything either I just thought this was interesting that he was on the news.

LENZ_1
05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry, I'm not able to see youtube at work. What was he saying?

gospelmessenjah
05-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Inside Edition did an investigation on him. In 1987, He was exposed on the Tonight Show by a skeptic(forgot his name) who took a scanner to one of his healing crusades and found out that his wife was the one speaking to him through a head microphone not God. His wife gathered personal information from the people in the audience. According to Tax returns he made 6.3 million dollars of his ministry. He paid 600,000 for himself and another 600,000 for his wife and kids. He lives in a 2.1 Million dollar home and drives a 1,000 dollar car. A reporter tried to interview him but he declined the offer. The reporter said according to Peter popoff the packet of sea salt is sacred but the reporter pointed out you could get it at any deli or resturant store. Peter Popoff claims that if you sprinkle the salt on the check and send it in with the amount of $27 in five days you will be blessed by God. Two people who were orginally were going to pay bills with their money borrowed more money from their relatives and sent in all they had to Peter Popoff. They didnt recieve anything. The woman that was being interviewed said she felt "stupid" for falling for it.

They also include clips

LENZ_1
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Inside Edition did an investigation on him. In 1847, He was exposed on the Tonight Show by a skeptic(forgot his name) who took a scanner to one of his healing crusades and found out that his wife was the one speaking to him through a head microphone not God. His wife gathered personal information from the people in the audience. According to Tax returns he made 6.3 million dollars of his ministry. He paid 6,000 for himself and another 6,000 for his wife and kids. He lives in a 2.1 Million dollar home and drives a 1,000 dollar car. A reporter tried to interview him but he declined the offer. The reporter said according to Peter popoff the packet of sea salt is sacred but the reporter pointed out you could get it at any deli or resturant store. Peter Popoff claims that if you sprinkle the salt on the check and send it in with the amount of $27 in five days you will be blessed by God. Two people who were orginally were going to pay bills with their money borrowed more money from their relatives and sent in all they had to Peter Popoff. They didnt recieve anything. The woman that was being interviewed said she felt "stupid" for falling for it.

They also include clips

wow, they caught that dude red handed. That's crazy.

BlackCalvinist
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
change those numbers to 600,000 and 1987 :)

gospelmessenjah
05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks BC for the correction:)

BlackCalvinist
05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
np fam. Thanks for posting it in the first place!

Believin Stephen
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I got my prayer cloth and IT works!! The Lord blessed me with a new Navigator! after I used it ! wahewww!!! yea!!!

Believin Stephen
05-07-2007, 10:23 PM
that was a joke for those on here who actually thought i was serious.

eternal
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
yea im not talking down on him but i dont feel right about him, the whole miracle water thing? you know ima WOF/healing minister type person but miracle water isnt biblical. the annointing comes from time with the lord. Presence = power

Maybe it was bottled up from Bethesda?

The_Expositor
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
that was a joke for those on here who actually thought i was serious.

I was about to say, "They're making Navigators much smaller than I remember. Oh well, Bless God for Stephen's Navi!!!"

lol

Navigator Baptism:eek: