PDA

View Full Version : Pray for renewed vigor and authentic fellowship please.

noblevessel
04-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I've only been in the faith just over two years now. I wasn't raised in the "church" as some say but came to the knowledge of Christ in ligh of events 1 year prior that l "led" me to seek out God's "truth" in the scripture my self. Accordinlgy, I didn't have any allegiance to an denomination or "Church". Inspite of that I was soon influenced by the theological persectives of an Charismatic Church unashamed of their promotion fo the Prosperity Gospel. And it didn't help tha tmy pops , who i was startign to devleop a close relationship with for th efirst time in 20 years, was a memeber there. Any way since then my personal studies and fellowship with other of diffrent theological perspectives has got me on a diffrent trek from my Pops and that CHurch. Now I find myself to be an outcast of sorts becuase I soon found simialr selfcentered teachind and/or passive Churces prevelant among other congregatiosn I tired to fellowship with. Couple that with wack fellowship I've become disenchanted cause I'm still tryign to figure things out. I haven't been in the scriptures much, bitter, and confused. Admis tit all I mean now I'm bordering on embracing a reformed theology while thinking about attending this PCA up here hwere i got ot school at. ANd now thats a hwrd choice cause I wil literally be the only minorty there but at the same time its the first time I've expereinced authentic and intentional fellwoship. All of which I never got at the "black churches" I've attend at school and was unaware of at the mixed church I attended back home. Sheesh...lany way enough of my bio I guess if you can play for a brother to ge tsome wisdom and guidance form GOd's wor dnad his Spirit making decesions. Cause I'm also trying to discern a call to ministryin what area not sure perhaps outreach based. And I also hope for renewed vigor for GOd's word and his will. And it owuld help to have authentic felowship with the rethren cause It lacking in my life...cats either not that serious about the word and their walk or so spiritual they act liek they never go through any thing and won't be transparent. Then I had what I thought was authentic experience but soon found out since I didn't want to deal exlcusively with them fellowship and communicaiton got cut off. YOur prayers woudl be appreciated. Peace.

albraggs
04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I've only been in the faith just over two years now. I wasn't raised in the "church" as some say but came to the knowledge of Christ in ligh of events 1 year prior that l "led" me to seek out God's "truth" in the scripture my self. Accordinlgy, I didn't have any allegiance to an denomination or "Church". Inspite of that I was soon influenced by the theological persectives of an Charismatic Church unashamed of their promotion fo the Prosperity Gospel. And it didn't help tha tmy pops , who i was startign to devleop a close relationship with for th efirst time in 20 years, was a memeber there. Any way since then my personal studies and fellowship with other of diffrent theological perspectives has got me on a diffrent trek from my Pops and that CHurch. Now I find myself to be an outcast of sorts becuase I soon found simialr selfcentered teachind and/or passive Churces prevelant among other congregatiosn I tired to fellowship with. Couple that with wack fellowship I've become disenchanted cause I'm still tryign to figure things out. I haven't been in the scriptures much, bitter, and confused. Admis tit all I mean now I'm bordering on embracing a reformed theology while thinking about attending this PCA up here hwere i got ot school at. ANd now thats a hwrd choice cause I wil literally be the only minorty there but at the same time its the first time I've expereinced authentic and intentional fellwoship. All of which I never got at the "black churches" I've attend at school and was unaware of at the mixed church I attended back home. Sheesh...lany way enough of my bio I guess if you can play for a brother to ge tsome wisdom and guidance form GOd's wor dnad his Spirit making decesions. Cause I'm also trying to discern a call to ministryin what area not sure perhaps outreach based. And I also hope for renewed vigor for GOd's word and his will. And it owuld help to have authentic felowship with the rethren cause It lacking in my life...cats either not that serious about the word and their walk or so spiritual they act liek they never go through any thing and won't be transparent. Then I had what I thought was authentic experience but soon found out since I didn't want to deal exlcusively with them fellowship and communicaiton got cut off. YOur prayers woudl be appreciated. Peace.

I pray that God will help you, give your understanding of his word. I pray that all the bitter you have, to bask God to help you. When you said you havent been in the spriptures, I been there too when I was younger (onlly 15) now 18. I was confuse about a lot of things including church, but I ask God to help me and He did. I encourage you to seek God about what going on in your life. Christ is Faithful (HE REALLY IS) But I will keep you in my prayers.

ur sis in Christ
asia

BlackCalvinist
04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Gotchu in prayer, Brandon #3768 (because there are a LOT of y'all on this board) :D

I feel you on the authentic fellowship thing.

Theology does indeed divide.... but the good thing is that it can divide YOU from people who aren't going to be a positive reinforcement to your growth in the Lord. And when you mature some more after spending time elsewhere, you can go 'back in' and talk with folk.

Be patient. These things do take time. :)

Hollar at me if you need encouragement, prayer, etc..etc...

and GIT BACK IN DAT WORD, SON!!! That's your LIFELINE right thurr. Because depression and concern coupled with non-reading of the Word will cause you to focus INWARD, become MORE DEPRESSED and self-focused and leave you open to sin.

jnorman888
04-26-2007, 01:13 PM

I ain't gonna front. The PCA's do have some nice people. I know they always treated me well in Alabama. Everybody knows I disagree with them in doctrine but as far as being cool peoples they are some pretty cool folks.

I know how you feel about alot of the black churches. I felt alone too when I was in school.....mainly because I didn't really fit in anywhere.....well this walk is a journy.....you may not stay in one place but i will keep you in prayer for I been there. It took me a long time to find a place I could rest my heart and head.

IN Prayer Jnorm

noblevessel
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
The love and prayers are appreciated. And some areas of lack are being filled with love, action, and fellowship. So Thanks be to God for his will be done in the situation. Grace and peace.

Keepdreamin_
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
The love and prayers are appreciated. And some areas of lack are being filled with love, action, and fellowship. So Thanks be to God for his will be done in the situation. Grace and peace.

Hey, sorry to reply a month later, lol. But I was just breezing through some older post and related to some of the things you have been talking about, which was to find a group of people that you could have authentic fellowship with. I did get a little confused though. . .

Then I had what I thought was authentic experience but soon found out since I didn't want to deal exlcusively with them fellowship and communicaiton got cut off. YOur prayers woudl be appreciated. Peace.

Do you mean that you had found a good fellowship group, and then you left them? I am echoing what BC said, be paitent. It took me a little church hopping, but I finally found the right one to stick with. Be sure that you find a group of folks to stick with. . .

And it owuld help to have authentic felowship with the rethren cause It lacking in my life...

Woo, it is going to help you out alot. I always had trouble with opening up to people; however, my youth pastor helps me out with that.

Let us know if you have been successful in finding authentic fellowship.