PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

StreetSermonz
04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm at a crucial point right now. I'm working full-time and going to school as many of you know, and along with ministry it has become too demanding. My grades are SUFFERING because I don't have the time nor energy to keep up. I have 55 credits left to graduate. I really want to go to school full-time, but I have about $2000 in bills every month, I'm also looking for a place to live. I just ask that you lift up my situation as I'm struggling to keep up with my daily life and trying not to stay frustrated and uncomfortable (many other situations going on too). I'm also preparing for marriage, so steady income is needed. But I hate my job now and I really want to go to school. The LORD will provide.

albraggs
04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm at a crucial point right now. I'm working full-time and going to school as many of you know, and along with ministry it has become too demanding. My grades are SUFFERING because I don't have the time nor energy to keep up. I have 55 credits left to graduate. I really want to go to school full-time, but I have about $2000 in bills every month, I'm also looking for a place to live. I just ask that you lift up my situation as I'm struggling to keep up with my daily life and trying not to stay frustrated and uncomfortable (many other situations going on too). I'm also preparing for marriage, so steady income is needed. But I hate my job now and I really want to go to school. The LORD will provide.

i will pray for you. i know it is to struggle. things will get better. God bless you.

asia

thankfull
04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
praying for you

montenell
04-13-2007, 01:26 PM
got you

Rina_cz
04-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Prayed for you bro. Be encouraged O.

nubia7
04-13-2007, 04:51 PM
praying, fam............................................

remember the Lord's promises..................................

Jason718
04-17-2007, 07:31 AM
just prayed for you, fam.

StreetSermonz
04-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the prayers fam. At this point I've made the decision to continue working and put school on hold. This was a very difficult decision, but something that the LORD told me to do. I've been wanting to go to school full-time for the last 9 years but haven't had the finances nor the opporunity. I dropped out of school at 17 and one of my goals was to go from a GED to a PhD, but it's not about me, it's about His purpose. God is in control, and I thank Him for giving me direction.

nubia7
04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
glad to hear that, fam!

He'll provide a way if He wants you to finish school in the future.......

StreetSermonz
04-17-2007, 12:58 PM
glad to hear that, fam!

He'll provide a way if He wants you to finish school in the future.......

Thanks sis, when I say it was a difficult decision, words can't even express how I feel. I'm about to give up on this semester, I have an exam and a 10 page paper to write, along with an interview, 30 minute long radio broadcast and a 30 second commercial spot to do all within a few weeks, and it seems like too much. I haven't had the energy to even open up a book lately.

clayfilms
04-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks sis, when I say it was a difficult decision, words can't even express how I feel. I'm about to give up on this semester, I have an exam and a 10 page paper to write, along with an interview, 30 minute long radio broadcast and a 30 second commercial spot to do all within a few weeks, and it seems like too much. I haven't had the energy to even open up a book lately.

i'm praying for you brother...i just wonder if school is such a priority and work is a must...why don't you just concentrate on those two and put everything else on hold (ie radio show, commercials etc..)

StreetSermonz
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM
i'm praying for you brother...i just wonder if school is such a priority and work is a must...why don't you just concentrate on those two and put everything else on hold (ie radio show, commercials etc..)

Well the radio spot and commercial is part of my curriculum, I'm a broadcasting major. There are a lot of aspects involved in this decision. For me, it's either work or school. I have responsibilities in ministry that are increasing and like I said, I'm preparing for marriage very soon.

My story is a unique one, which sheds light on my struggles right now. One thing I can say is that God is teaching me to be careful that my past doesn’t taint my decision making for the future. What I mean by this is that we can’t allow our experiences to override our emotions to the point that we make decisions based on how we feel, rather than taking the time to hear what God is saying and make decisions based on His Word.

If my dream of school is something I have to give up, then so be it. God didn't tell me no, He just said not to worry about school right now but to focus on work.

Philippians 3:7-11
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

clayfilms
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Well the radio spot and commercial is part of my curriculum, I'm a broadcasting major. There are a lot of aspects involved in this decision. For me, it's either work or school. I have responsibilities in ministry that are increasing and like I said, I'm preparing for marriage very soon.

My story is a unique one, which sheds light on my struggles right now. One thing I can say is that God is teaching me to be careful that my past doesnít taint my decision making for the future. What I mean by this is that we canít allow our experiences to override our emotions to the point that we make decisions based on how we feel, rather than taking the time to hear what God is saying and make decisions based on His Word.

If my dream of school is something I have to give up, then so be it. God didn't tell me no, He just said not to worry about school right now but to focus on work.

Philippians 3:7-11
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

i feel you otis..in God's time

G-O-D Soulja7
04-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Stay encouraged! GOD gots you!